Dec 12: 2h Solo HC

Died 5 minutes before league ended, not even sure what killed me. Pretty unhapy about that.

Overall lots of fun, even though I was doing quite bad right from the start. Maybe I'll try the solo HC turbo next time? :)
Decent race with one major move-into-position feature induced desync just before the ledge exit in upper passage that probably cost me 1st in class, as i didnt have lower wp and had to rerun from flats. No other major desyncs, which was nice, though i did lose 50% life during a zone out once and flasks were unreliable as ever. Bosses all went down without issue and in good time. I tried to make up for the desync bail by training dangerous areas instead of grinding the usual spots but couldnt quite overtake the 1st place shadow (Invalesco) in the end.

Itemwise, i had a great start with movement boots at the first vendor stop, and that was the only good item i found/bought/made in the entire race. Gear and flask drops were nonexistant, but a decent amount of wisdom scrolls allowed some of that to be made up at the vendor. In the end i had vendor bought every item i was using except for one flask, one ring and my gloves. No alchs, chances or strong rares either, and the one chaos i found never got used due to lack of viable targets.

Hit western with 45 or so minutes left and grinded to the finish. 2nd place shadow and 10th overall in the end.

- Trading + solo races dont mix. Potentially spending 30 seconds to double your dps is a gamebreaking party-esque advantage, as is sharing life/resist gear for boss fights if drops are bad, and its only a matter of time before we start seeing people with multiple minions grinding hillock for them in 3+ hour events.

- Top 15 ladder death notifications dont show with global chat disabled. Itd be nice if they did, or could be toggled independantly of global.

- The usual netcode issues (desync, move-into-position "feature", flask failures, unsafe zone in/out).

Thanks for ramping up the event frequency!

GG all, see you next race!
IGN: KoTao
Templar gear, set the maul up early and was 1shotting with phase run as soon as I entered Western. Those damn witches had too fast of a start, and I could not quite catch up. Some close calls in Western.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Here is the recording of my stream of the event. At the end I gave away a Demigod amulet, I think I will continue to do so until OB. Tune in this weekend for party race streams. http://www.twitch.tv/pairdime/b/347303488

IGN @dime
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Fun race, my 2nd one ever and managed to come in 4th for Ranger(28th overall) just shy of hitting lvl 21.

Didn't really experience any desync's, at least any dangerous ones.

Had a rare bow drop in flats that carried me to act 2 and a rare ring from the ledge that I wore for the entire duration, other than that no good drops.

"
KoTao wrote:

- Trading + solo races dont mix. Potentially spending 30 seconds to double your dps is a gamebreaking party-esque advantage, as is sharing life/resist gear for boss fights if drops are bad, and its only a matter of time before we start seeing people with multiple minions grinding hillock for them in 3+ hour events.

Agreed, I dont really get why trading is enabled to begin with during a solo race, it kinda defeats the whole purpose. A buddy of mine who was watching a couple different streams during the race said he seen one guy who finished as one of the top Templar's get given several currency items by another player in exchange for nothing including a orb of alchemy which he used to role a weapon, that he used for quite awhile I guess.
"
Ragnarok789 wrote:
Agreed, I dont really get why trading is enabled to begin with during a solo race, it kinda defeats the whole purpose
Trading was patched in after solo racing had started, so it was never disabled to begin with. I saw Chris ask for players to comment on what they thought of trading during solo races, so I think they are collecting feedback before they finally reveal their decision.

While we are waiting for solo races to be adjusted, I strongly suggest that you collaborate with your friends like you would in a party race.

That aside, it was an unfortunate race for me, I came in at the last 25 minutes so I had no chance, but I found a really nice rare bow from the first monster I killed in the ledge. It just HAD to happen when I wasnt racing seriously...

Final Gear - Level 8
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
An interesting race format for sure.

Had my first Desync death in a race in recent memory. I don't think it is as bad as some people make it out to be, but that I can see how it would be somewhat game breaking in OB for a random person playing.

Some thoughts that have been percolating around for the last couple of races.

1. Why doesnt the act 1 vendors sell one of every item by default? If I'm running a 2h build, these last two races I've either not gotten a starter 2h until Upper submerged, or not ever seen an iron ring.

Granted this is 2 out of say 30 races, and happens to be in a row so it seems glaring, but I don't get what advantage would be gained if every vendor just had every (sub 20) white item.

Last solo turbo race I managed to kill Brutus with a Driftwood maul with 20 max damage, so I can why the vendor would not have say tribal mauls guaranteed, but I almost didn't find that item, and had to clear some of prison hoping for drops.

2. The ability to see notifications with global turned off. I personally play with it on so I can see messages, but then you get tons of spam.

3. First Brutus kill which others have expressed interest for over hillock.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Hilbert wrote:
Chris will it be possible that you open a Race and each IP has a 2h timer while the race is open for like 12h?(Blocking common proxy services to prevent multi account scamming)

That way everybody can participate on one race and you can close it to normal NZ times while Europeans can play too.

And what's about 'your' brother, other family members or even the friend you invite to play together at home?

There's way too much situations, where the 'other' account on an IP is a different person.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Dec 12, 2012, 3:28:25 AM
^Also far too easy to get a differnt IP, its been suggested a lot, but not on any ways to fix the problems it presents.

Good Race Dime, I was 2% from leveling at the end :(. Had some great drops overall, a lot better then I normally get. Wasnt one shoting right away in western, but oh man once I was :P.

I'll have to change some things up and learn to go faster in the future. GG everyone!

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
"
Kajun wrote:
"
twistedforce wrote:
GLHF everyone i imagine people can get to lvl 20ish within a 2hr time limit my 3rd attempt was #1 for my class b4 i died to brutus.

He scares me the most...what classes don't have a problem with him early on?

My witch... then again I got to level 16 so it must be the difference in strategy.
that was a lot of fun!
how do u guys know in what position you finished?
cant see it anywhere

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info