Dominus in 74 map. Little bit much..

I've got 77 all res capped, over 75% physical damage reduction, 7 endurance charges and molten shell was up and I have 5k life.

When he did that discharge attack - I got 1 shot. I know it would be powerful, but the one outside the map in sceptre of god only hits me for maybe 1700 life? So I thought it was a bit over-the-top. I know it's elemental damage and not physical, but holy shit man. As a melee character, it's pretty tough to dodge that attack, near impossible.

Did I take an unlucky hit or has this happened to anyone else?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Meh, you only play standard. If I remember correctly the standard nonmap one is easy to telegraph, which means easy to avoid the damage.

If you do not have a movement skill, get one and use it to avoid telegraphed attacks.
IGN : Reamus
"
Andromansis wrote:
Meh, you only play standard. If I remember correctly the standard nonmap one is easy to telegraph, which means easy to avoid the damage.

If you do not have a movement skill, get one and use it to avoid telegraphed attacks.

Desync says hi.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Dominus has a 6L - Cast on Hit - Desync - Super Lightning penetration - Added lightning damage - Cast on Death - Transform into a giant turkey - Super Chaos damage

Desync 20% - > Also causes a slight lag input to the target when hit
Cast on hit 20% - > Can cause Desync to a target for a few seconds
Super Lightning penetration 20% - > Causes the target to be shocked irl

Bastard
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 8, 2013, 12:05:54 AM
"
Andromansis wrote:

Yeah, I play in the new league Domination.

And like the other guys said, heard of desync?
"
SamBaLam wrote:
"
Andromansis wrote:

Yes, we have. Have you heard of /oos? I've had many deaths playing on Nemesis, desync has never caused any of them.

Before leaving town use /oos once. When you start to notice desync: Enter -> Up Arrow -> Enter. It's not that hard for god sake. You're even allowed to use a macro for it as long as it's not on a timer, this desync excuse for dying is getting old.
Last edited by xendhaius on Nov 8, 2013, 12:26:15 AM
"
xendhaius wrote:
"
SamBaLam wrote:
"
Andromansis wrote:

Yes, we have. Have you heard of /oos? I've had many deaths playing on Nemesis, desync has never caused any of them.

Before leaving town use /oos once. When you start to notice desync: Enter -> Up Arrow -> Enter. It's not that hard for god sake. You're even allowed to use a macro for it as long as it's not on a timer, this desync excuse for dying is getting old.

That's noob way. Chris "says" alt+f4 and scripts is the way to play, bro.
This game's tendency to rely on one-shot kill mechanics to add difficulty is a bit frustrating. The other day I got one-shot by a map boss Warden. Apparently dedicating a large portion of my passive tree to health and defensive nodes and facerolling damn near every other piece of content this game has to offer doesn't matter a damn bit when he decides to crit me for all my health.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
Andromansis wrote:

Not even just desync but you realise many of us can't telegraph due to lag alone. I cannot beat Vaal overseer with a melee for example as I cannot dodge the hammer move. Desync then makes things way way worse. To the point where I will run and get ported back into the moves everytime. Hence I have stopped playing PoE much and when I do its a ranged char.
"
gilrad wrote:
This game's tendency to rely on one-shot kill mechanics to add difficulty is a bit frustrating. The other day I got one-shot by a map boss Warden. Apparently dedicating a large portion of my passive tree to health and defensive nodes and facerolling damn near every other piece of content this game has to offer doesn't matter a damn bit when he decides to crit me for all my health.

That's one of the consequences of being balanced around alt+f4 usage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info