Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Dungeon-Keeper Spiritual Successor - War For The Overworld

Hey guys!

Kind of new to these parts and I've been thoroughly enjoying my first run through in PoE. For now though, I'd like to bring to your attention a new game, currently being developed by Subterranean Games, an indie studio based in Brighton - England.

They are taking on the task of reviving the Dungeon Keeper franchise with their own take on the game, remembering that this is a Spiritual Successor and has LITTLE to do with the original DK games by Bullfrog, as such creatures and copyrighted features will be exempt. However there will be a truck load of creatures and rooms, portals still remain.

There will also be a Hero Mode (Being able to play as the Empire, Good guys) Possession will return and a brand new campaign following the success of DK2!

War For The Overworld, sees you returns as an Underlord tasked with taking over the surface of the world and destroying any force that may stand in your evil path. The game does take place Underground though.

It is currently on Kickstarter and requiring funds of £150k, it is currently around the £50k mark with 26 days to go. If the goal of £220k is met, they will be able to hire Richard Ridings (The mentor from the old DK2 game!)

So come on over and have a little look! :D

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subterraneangames/war-for-the-overworld
I'll probably put some money down when I have some to spare (Christmas round the corner).

Anyway I hope they understand all the things that made Dungeon keeper and Majesty appealing.I think getting the creatures right is the most important thing as I think without them it's just another strategy game,I found both DK and Majesty appealing in that aspect.
Don't worry they Do understand. The developers are long DK fans themselves coming from Keeper Klan.

And they are doing a reddit AMA rgiht now: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/14iaz7/we_are_the_developers_of_war_for_the_overworld_a/
Already backing it. It looks promising.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
So sad it's not got more funding. :(

Timing was off though. Maybe they'll get a boost after Christmas.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Last edited by Ragnar119 on Dec 22, 2012, 4:34:46 PM
"
Ragnar119 wrote:

Oh snap. That would explain why they jumped nearly 70k in the last few days.

<3 Total Biscuit
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
It's about to break the pledge goal. Yay!

£148,394 out of £150,000 as of this post. :D

Five days in advance, at that.

Edit: Well, they did it. Finally a successor to the Dungeon Keeper games after all these years.
Last edited by Sairven on Dec 28, 2012, 10:05:30 PM
Just made a pledge.Feels a bit lame after they've reached their target but I'm sure every penny will help.It would of felt more lame to have totally missed pledging when DK is my all time favourite game.

Ended with £211,371. Not bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info