Hirelings/Mercenaries?

I remember an interview with Chris where he mentioned there was some ideas about implementing hirelings/mercenaries into the game, but didn't have any details to spill at that time. I've been away from the forums the last few months but I am keeping track of announcements, and I haven't noticed anything relating to this topic.

Anybody heard anything?
I scan the forums regularly and haven't seen anything.

I am also looking for an update on the punishment skill and on skills that enable power charges.

Anyone seen anything on this stuff?
Standard Forever
Hirelings could take way longer than you expect.
I think the last voting was nearly around 50% / 50% if we really want hirelings.
Mount Thrassus also known as "SlavePit" is also far far away from the Wreaclastian continent.
While the Shrinethread keeps dominating the suggestionboard, due to Wickedry :)

Haven´t seen anything about punishment.
and my bet on powerchargegeneration is that it will stay this way for a longer period.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Hirelings could definitely be a cool thing. I always found that to be an enjoyable part of D2 because you get to choose what kind of mercenary best compliments your build, and give it gear and such.

The question is to what degree can mercenaries be useful without throwing off balance? Can they have auras? Can they use curses?

But yeah, I think the added customization could potentially be a great thing.
IGN: Iolar
"
iamstryker wrote:
I am also looking for an update on the punishment skill and on skills that enable power charges.

Anyone seen anything on this stuff?

"
Lachdanan wrote:
Haven´t seen anything about punishment.
and my bet on powerchargegeneration is that it will stay this way for a longer period.

In the screenshot for the "A demonstration of 0.10.0's reflection improvement" announcement Chris sneaked Punishment in as the middle button skill. By making the connection that the thread is about reflection and 0.10.0, one could say it's an unspoken announcement that Punishment is coming in Open Beta, though that may be a stretch.

As for Power Charges, in the "Archer location, I am dissapoint" thread, Qarl stated this in a reply:

"
Qarl wrote:
We do indeed more active skills. The main skill gaps I want to cover next are AOE for Claw and Dagger builds, more Axe and Sword skills (main Duelist deficienct I think comes from Active skill availability), Power charges for Casters, and more options for bow users.

As for hirelings/mercenaries, I am definitely in favor for this idea. I suppose the "focus skill" functionality I suggested from a post about attribute-based minion spells may be better suited for mercenaries than them.
same name in-game
Hirelings would be very fun, but who knows how far down the pipe they are. I suspect that's more of a "six months from now" thing. Maybe even a year.

As for punishment being in the screenshot, don't make too much of it. They've had other skills in screens in the past, Chris just likes to mess with us. They even had the "Ice Shield" skill on the website for about a day before taking it down.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Hirelings/Mercenaries could also serve as a great credit-sink if they have cosmetic upgrades.
"
govaguy wrote:
Hirelings/Mercenaries could also serve as a great credit-sink if they have cosmetic upgrades.

This is a very good point.

I really enjoyed Mercs in D2, so I am hoping they will show up someday in PoE. I have a feeling they will be able to come up with some pretty cool new concepts for them beyond the "aura bot" that most D2 mercs turned into.

I guess we'll have to just wait and see.
Unavailable

most likely we will see this one live again soon - it was like 900% or 950% reflected physical (at lvl 16) for a long time before they changed it recently :)
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info