We need some Open pvp Zone ( not Arena with que sht )

+9001

Give this OP a medal cause he's a goddamn hero!

Obviously a open PvP pub in Nemesis/HC wont kill your character for good... Just like how matchmaking PvP won't kill your character permanently.

The difficulties are already split for public games, so this could be a very easy change that would add a whole lot of awesome. Norms fight the norms, cruels with the cruels, and the mercs shatter all that is holy in a BATTLE ROYALE!

Speaking of a battle royale it would be awesome if this "open tileset" was a Colosseum with various obstacles/traps and of course the gladiator pits where you equip strange weapons/armor/trinkets to test your opponents while filling your flasks for the weary battle ahead! Then you step in and hear the ROAR of the crowd as the casuals sit in the stands and watch as Kripp destroys you and eight other foes all at once...

Some rocks and grass will do just fine though!

When this get's added, and I pray it does, I can think of no less than five RL acquaintances who will return to PoE. (Potential microtransactions GGG!)
I second this motion.. Open zone PVP with trash/RARE/UNIQUE mobs.

This zone should be able to hold 4-5 FULL parties...

This is what the hell im talking about.

Should be one in every act.
Invasion - No Sacrifice No Glory

HTTP://WWW.TWITCH.TV/THISISDEUX
Having an open pvp type thing is the only thing that is going to keep me playing this game for a lot longer.
******** OPENWORlDPVP ZONE WITH NEMESIS BOSSES SPAWNING AT RANDOM TIMES, LAST HITTERS TAKE THE LOOT, EACH FACTION HAS THEIR OWN CASTLE SPAWN POINT, WITH A BIG CASTLE IN THE MIDDLE, ALSO MOB ZONES FOR FARMING XP WITH EXTRA XP 20% CAUSE U CAN GET RAIDED, IMPLEMENT POINTS CLAN POINTS FOR KILLING PEOPLE U GET NATIONALPOINTS FOR THE CLAN, ONCE THE CLAN GETS 100.000 U CAN BUY GUILD CAPES FOR UR CLAN ETC, 500.000POINTS U CAN ADD UR OWN LOGO ON CAPE AND EXTEND THE LENGTH OF THE CAPE, ...************
"
beukert1 wrote:
The pvp just outside the town in diablo 2 was pretty fun. They should rly add the 'hostile' option just like in Diablo 2. But I dont think any of that will ever happen.

The pve tamagotchi carebears have taken over the ARPG games and they dont want to risk their gear or HC character in a all out pvp fight till the death. IMO there is nothing to win when you cant lose.

Back in the day videogames were suposed to be fun. You lvl a character to a decent lvl in a few hours by doing cows/baal run and start PLAYING. Find some gear with your MF character and start to PVP or PK or whatever.

These days all you can do is grind, grind and grind until you can grind at a higher lvl.

I think a solution would be to nerf the end game gear. So you can still grind but items will be only a little better than the midrange gear. This way people who play all day long dont have WAY better gear than the casual gamer, but just a little better gear. Then you can have a day job and play this game and still compete.

That way pvp would be much easier to balance (because the differences between gear are less).

INB4 call the grammar police. Bye ;-)

i really like your post. i think i lot of people would love to be able to go hostile. i love grinding when i think someone is going to gank me! it is awesome!!!!!! you pay so much more attention.

i think there should be three server types: 1. hardcore 2. pve 3. pvp

so 1 and 2 we already have.

the third would be one where every game is public and if you get killed by a player you lose 10% exp and the player gains 5% exp. it would be so crazy and fun. like the wild west. and the cool thing is that the game could support that without huge coding changes.
Agree with op

should have a pvp area/zone on the waypoints that is open to the public, anyone can join the area
Open PVP area would be a marvelous idea ! I am sure that it would make me and prolly many other players stick just to that game (atm, ot have pvp my gaming group is switching to other games) Good idea may be to join 2 sides of conflict, give us 2 bases, open PVP world with powerfull monsters, some unique bosses with nice drop rate, ppl will be joining in groups, messing around, trying to kill monster, but... to kill monster they will have to deal with enemy than :D mayby it will increase amount of support builds ! i am rly up for that idea !
IGN: Psycomethabuckdown / Psycomethaviolent
BAd idea

I prefer to wait in queue for 20 minutes and pvp.
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
give us possibility to have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR !!! it is normal situation between ppl that we hold in groups trying to create some strucutres event between exiles ! Let us join some sides of conflict, fight in huuuge area with monsters and other exiles ! It would be like tribes fighting each others :P
IGN: Psycomethabuckdown / Psycomethaviolent
+1000000

This is the last piece of the puzzle to make poe the ultimate game. We just need an area with a safe zone and hostile buttons ala blood moor d2. FFA/Casual pvp no rules or at least user custom rules.

I also want to stress to also keep matchmaking IN. Mark my words, bring in casual/open pvp area, watch pvp popularity grow, watch matchmaking flood along with it. Please GGG! Telll us something like this is in the works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info