We need some Open pvp Zone ( not Arena with que sht )

One thing i loved at Diablo 2 was to join a "D DU DUE DUEL" Game and just own with my friends, a open zone where all people mess up each other, We need this, Que arena is shit u have no trashtalk in it ( we all love it :D ) and everyone goes their way after the game is done...

Are there any plans for Open PvP field ?

It should be like :

Open a public game called DuelL only....

Join it

Join Zone maybe by a Special Waypoint ( with a Safe zone )

and fight each other 6 - 10 Play , all Vs all

Hope i can find other people who feel like me :)
Agreed. Matchmaking is antisocial. And while there's a lot of benefits to matchmaking (ranks, ladders, ratings) none of them compensate for the lack of a social interaction and custom game scenarios you get with Open PvP. Can't 3v5 in matchmaking. Can't mix up teams in matchmaking. Can't enforce U10 Duelling in matchmaking.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 7, 2013, 6:26:41 AM
I 100% agree. Open pvp should be implemented along matchmaking. Testing out stuff and just playing fun custome scenarios is really fun and a lot more social. And what people need is to talk and have fun and connect in guilds and stuff and just play with friends in custom scenarios. Mathcmaking arena doesn't do that, where you just press a button and wait for opponent, win/lose and its that button again.
Last edited by thor6136 on Nov 7, 2013, 4:19:08 AM
The pvp just outside the town in diablo 2 was pretty fun. They should rly add the 'hostile' option just like in Diablo 2. But I dont think any of that will ever happen.

The pve tamagotchi carebears have taken over the ARPG games and they dont want to risk their gear or HC character in a all out pvp fight till the death. IMO there is nothing to win when you cant lose.

Back in the day videogames were suposed to be fun. You lvl a character to a decent lvl in a few hours by doing cows/baal run and start PLAYING. Find some gear with your MF character and start to PVP or PK or whatever.

These days all you can do is grind, grind and grind until you can grind at a higher lvl.

I think a solution would be to nerf the end game gear. So you can still grind but items will be only a little better than the midrange gear. This way people who play all day long dont have WAY better gear than the casual gamer, but just a little better gear. Then you can have a day job and play this game and still compete.

That way pvp would be much easier to balance (because the differences between gear are less).

INB4 call the grammar police. Bye ;-)

+1000 for this. It is pretty much essential if the pvp scene wants to flourish. The current 5 round que is no where near as fun as the flexibility/ease of blood moor duels in D2. A special zone to warp to, where the wp is inside a safe zone and the boundary to duel is clearly marked would be awesome. Once in the zone you should be able to hostile whoever you want, but not be hostile by default. It was so much fun to join a "duels for fools" game in D2 classic n just hostile everyone on the list and try to become king of the arena, but it was also fun to pair up with a buddy from time to time as well. What even made it more fun was how your sorc could be doing awesome, but then a speed barb comes in and starts owning her, so you bring your better equipped pally, and then he gets his better equipped necro ect until you're both donning your best characters. These are the things that made D2 classic PVP great. I can't speak for LOD b/c i didn't get into it too much b/c i heard the classic pvp scene was so much better.
Last edited by Relic416 on Nov 7, 2013, 5:37:33 PM
This would solve every problem that PoE pvp suffers from.
Current best dueler: SlowAndSteadyFisting
Great idea. :D
best part about d2 was dueling or just joining a game and killing a whole party
Not trolling I loved to do that
IGN
Undead_skank stan
The__Ghost amb
+1

Game needs something like this so bad, I honestly don't understand the reason that something so simple hasn't been added.

You wouldn't even need a new area, just use some fairly open tile sets you already have.

The coding for players' abilities affecting other players obviously already exists.

It would definitely ease my mind if a GGG dev could at least give a response as to why this doesn't exist in the game already.
"
Subversus wrote:
+1

Game needs something like this so bad, I honestly don't understand the reason that something so simple hasn't been added.

You wouldn't even need a new area, just use some fairly open tile sets you already have.

The coding for players' abilities affecting other players obviously already exists.

It would definitely ease my mind if a GGG dev could at least give a response as to why this doesn't exist in the game already.

I'd like to think they have a good reason. And maybe they do recognize the value of custom PvP, but I too would like to hear it directly from a dev.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info