A dex based pet skill.

We could use one for rangers, or others that use dex more than int and don't want totems/undead following them around.
Either a summon with a duration similar to skeletons, or a charm that only works on beasts(Like bears, spiders, monkeys, etc.) Give it a high dex requirement but make it a decent strength per level and only one at a time so you don't have to add more nodes.
Last edited by Riderruff on Dec 4, 2012, 2:13:33 AM
Or snakes that deal chaos damage. Mmmm... yess....
I'd love a Dex Pet.

Wolf, Tiger, Cougar. Yes Please.

I agree it should be limited to only 1 pet at a time, but can still benefit from the passive +life/damage minion% nodes, as well as from minion support gems.
Last edited by govaguy on Dec 4, 2012, 8:52:14 PM
Definitely an awesome idea. Would love to see this happen and would add a lot more options to the ranger/duelist/shadow area of the tree.
I could not agree less. Please not yet another means of nullifying differences between classes. If anything, PoE needs more reasons not to make functional redundancies.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
I could not agree less. Please not yet another means of nullifying differences between classes. If anything, PoE needs more reasons not to make functional redundancies.

I don't understand the point you are trying to make. In PoE a class is defined by where you start on the passive tree. Sure some classes are better than others at certain roles, but again, that is only because of passive tree location. This creates a much broader spectrum for character customization than confining certain classes to certain type of gear/skills/stats etc...
WTB Rhoa launcher and 2x summon hellion gems, pst
"
Kryptonic wrote:
"
onomastikon wrote:

I don't understand the point you are trying to make. In PoE a class is defined by where you start on the passive tree. Sure some classes are better than others at certain roles, but again, that is only because of passive tree location. This creates a much broader spectrum for character customization than confining certain classes to certain type of gear/skills/stats etc...

I should have put "class" in quotation marks, sorry.
Let me rephrase: I believe that intelligence-based characters should be able to be different from strength-based characters, and that both of these should be different than dexterity-based characters. If a dexterity-based character wants to have summons, that character should have to work towards it by investing in a modicum of intelligence. I do not wish for the various different types of characters (some people call these "classes") to be even more similar to one another. As it is, because there is no hard differentiation between "classes" except for where they start on the tree and their beginning statistics, there is very little that one type of character can do that another cannot; I do not think that this should become inflationary.
So in practical terms, this means that if you want to have access to summons, you should slot some intelligence gems, and if you want very easy access to it, you should play a character who has some degree of intelligence. I would strongly dislike changes which would facilitate making everything more similar.
I hope that's clearer, even if you share a different opinion than mine (which I respect).
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
There are conversion trap, raise spectre, and dominating blow to get your "pets". Aside from Raise Spectre, their attribute requirements aren't that high. You'll probably end up investing more in strength/intelligence to use specific gear rather than specific skills.

I agree with onomastikon. There are skills already implemented that functionally achieve this. I'd rather GGG work on something completely new and exciting rather than repackaging the same skills with superficial differences.
Last edited by OdinTheGrand on Dec 6, 2012, 5:31:56 PM
"
onomastikon wrote:
"
Kryptonic wrote:
"
onomastikon wrote:

I should have put "class" in quotation marks, sorry.
Let me rephrase: I believe that intelligence-based characters should be able to be different from strength-based characters, and that both of these should be different than dexterity-based characters. If a dexterity-based character wants to have summons, that character should have to work towards it by investing in a modicum of intelligence. I do not wish for the various different types of characters (some people call these "classes") to be even more similar to one another. As it is, because there is no hard differentiation between "classes" except for where they start on the tree and their beginning statistics, there is very little that one type of character can do that another cannot; I do not think that this should become inflationary.
So in practical terms, this means that if you want to have access to summons, you should slot some intelligence gems, and if you want very easy access to it, you should play a character who has some degree of intelligence. I would strongly dislike changes which would facilitate making everything more similar.
I hope that's clearer, even if you share a different opinion than mine (which I respect).

I hear you, (and i also respect your opinion) however, I still disagree. A ranger or duelist summoner is an option, however it would take a substantially larger investment of passive points than a witch/templar using the same skills.

On a separate note, something like a "tame beast" dex gem could be an interesting addition when the types of enemies become more diverse. Right now that type of skill would be limited to taming rhoas, snakes, bears, spiders, and monkeys. (which now that ive thought about it, is already a decent selection).

Another idea is a conjure pet type spell. By nature it would have to be a hybrid int/dex gem. Perhaps something like "conjure familiar" could summon a pet wolf to aid you in combat. This pet (and others) could have varying special abilities to differ their roles from other summons in game. some examples...

Wolf familiar - could consume enemy corpses to regenerate its health
Tiger familiar - could pounce at enemies, having a short stun duration.
Last edited by Kryptonic on Dec 6, 2012, 9:34:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info