How PVP based Tournaments should look like not to be an entire failure.

I keep wondering where the hell you got the idea I got banned for farming gneiss. So I went back in this thread to find what I said. Of course it's you making assumptions again.

"
I farmed gneiss 12 hours a day for 2 weeks straight in CB trying to get perfect items for my build. I recently spent over a week farming for LLD

I didn't know CB was recently. In case you're too slow to understand. Back in OCTOBER LAST YEAR, I farmed gneiss (merc) for 2 weeks, (familiar spot as it was just after the large chest was removed from the cave, to later be added as random) and then about a month ago was farming for LLD.

Comon child, keep swinging. I still think you're ideas are no better than a modified cutthroat, which I'm sure they're adding to the ladder. Hopefully they don't use your bad ideas though.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Same team bros. Keep the name calling to the Diablo 3 kidz.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
"
Veta321 wrote:

Actually quite the opposite. I'm an end game player who has done a lot of grinding to work on his pvp builds and hates racing.

Hilbert is a racer who doesn't like grinding and refuses to play end game.

We're fighting for opposite sides. I don't want all the work I've gone to be wasted, losing my edge because I know I'm not as skilled as some of the top guys. While hilbert is a good racers but has no gear built up to be competitive (or drive to go find gear) so he wants to be able to us his racing ability as his edge.

The reason it's boiling to a shitfest is because hilbert gets personally offended whenever someone disagrees with him. Also rather than admitting he's fighting for a system that plays to his strengths he makes it sound like things can literally work no other way. Look at all of his replies. None of them really work towards an objective good, they are all things he wants in the game, regardless if they fit or not. Hilbert, please point out something you want added to the game, which will improve it, but you would personally hate.

I've been behind large chests being nerfed, alch matching nerfed, chaos making nerfed, IIQ nerfed, auras and the list goes on. All things I've benefited greatly from.

We aren't on the same team. We play the same game, even that is a thin connection because I never race and he never plays outside of races.
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Last edited by Moosifer on Nov 8, 2013, 9:21:15 AM
"

We're fighting for opposite sides. I don't want all the work I've gone to be wasted, losing my edge because I know I'm not as skilled as some of the top guys. While hilbert is a good racers but has no gear built up to be competitive (or drive to go find gear) so he wants to be able to us his racing ability as his edge.

For gods sake:
Explain me following thing.

What has racing to do with for exmaple: "You receive 60 alchemy orbs 60 Chaos Orb, 60 Chance, several Chroms,fusings..., 120 scourings 2-3 base items of the optimal roll,all gems of the pvp intended level and min 3linked(1h)4 linked items"
What does it has to do with racing skills? You even have free time to roll the items before the tournament starts.
It is a bit luck based but every player wants to roll balanced equipped and won't invest all currency items on a weapon while other EQ stays white.

Racers don't have the slightest advantage here!

"
The reason it's boiling to a shitfest is because hilbert gets personally offended whenever someone disagrees with him.

No you can't read and that's all you do is provocate so I provocate you too.

"
Also rather than admitting he's fighting for a system that plays to his strengths he makes it sound like things can literally work no other way.

Read the damn opening post again or do you even read entire postings or do you stop reading after 5 lines?
It is one possible way to turn it into balanced matches.
The other way is to give players currency and baseitems for free to they can roll their PVP EQ!

"
Hilbert, please point out something you want added to the game, which will improve it, but you would personally hate.

Oh you think you are really smart, don't you?

The point of view of any person is always subjective! There is no objective point of view unless it's measurement data and strict numbers.

So you want examples of antilogy?

"
I've been behind large chests being nerfed, alch matching nerfed, chaos making nerfed, IIQ nerfed, auras and the list goes on. All things I've benefited greatly from.

Should I dig out the thread where you dwell in regret suggesting to make the game grindier?

"
I didn't know CB was recently. In case you're too slow to understand. Back in OCTOBER LAST YEAR, I farmed gneiss (merc) for 2 weeks, (familiar spot as it was just after the large chest was removed from the cave, to later be added as random) and then about a month ago was farming for LLD.

Also your memory seems to be foggy.
In CB the best place to farm for LLD items was the cruel Thicket chest! It never got removed or spawned randomly. It wasn't even nerfed till the OB chestnerf! You needed like 5 hours to find good PVP gear and on top of that the vendor receipes weren't nerfed and farming the thicket chest or merveil also offered you several chaos orbs.

I assumed a place, but the fact you got flagged proves your character didn't act like a human. No chatting, no socializing and no breaks. What would you have done if suddenly you receive a whisper from a dev saying: "Hi".

"

There is no team. The same things I hate on D3 appear in PoE because some devs believe in implementing MMORPG features are good for an ARPG.
They won't give you free orbs, even if it's a void league because they wan't you to play the game, and find the items yourself.

The bot detection system is not perfect, legit players have been flagged too. If GGG has reviewed his case and he is not banned that means he wasn't botting, besides this does not belong here, adds nothing to the discussion.

You ask others to learn to read, but you demonstrated on multiple occasions in this thread that your reading skills suck.

It doesn't matter how good your idea is (btw it's shit, just a subjective opinion) if you present it the way you do, nobody will take you seriously, just another brain fart from Hillbert.

/popcorn

Hope this cesspool thread gets locked soon.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Also your memory seems to be foggy.
In CB the best place to farm for LLD items was the cruel Thicket chest! It never got removed or spawned randomly. It wasn't even nerfed till the OB chestnerf! You needed like 5 hours to find good PVP gear and on top of that the vendor receipes weren't nerfed and farming the thicket chest or merveil also offered you several chaos orbs.

I assumed a place, but the fact you got flagged proves your character didn't act like a human. No chatting, no socializing and no breaks. What would you have done if suddenly you receive a whisper from a dev saying: "Hi".

I guess I can go through patch notes to prove my point but I see no reason to. Hex was farming the large chest in thicket then cave (he said cave was faster in his opinion and he farmed both quite a lot). He explained that he finding 1-2 exalts a day along with other currency, then making 20-50 alchs a day just farming those areas. They then removed the large chests completely, everyone asked why they bothered having side areas at all, especially with the addition of catacombs, so they had the random chance to spawn added in OB. Alch recipe was nerfed before OB as everyone was annoyed there was no way to get alchs as it was before act 3 was introduced allowing you to buy them from vendor. The chaos recipe was nerfed in OB, another one I saw happen get abused in it's early time and advocated to have changed.

While I regrets these changes because I benefited so much from them the game is better without them.

Are you arguing against your grinding points? Not many changes to gear since then. If it took 5 hours to find good gear then should we expect you in LLD or no because 5 hours is too much grinding? (I get to hilbert hilbert, this awesome!)

I would have said "Hi" back. Not sure what part of "I wasn't botting" you don't understand.
u made this post because clearly u r not prepared for pvp :D
So what do we get as PVP Tournament? It's like the devs already know PVP will be a failure and we get 4 crossleagues PVP.

Result:
Winners will be from Default because of legacy items.
Domination and well equipped HC characters are runner ups
Nemesis and HC Players will receive the worst ranks.

Have fun getting feedback like: "Default players should be in their own PVP league"

MMORPGs never have a big PVP community because they are too gearbased and grindy and that's exactly the issue with PoE.

"
Hilbert wrote:
So what do we get as PVP Tournament? It's like the devs already know PVP will be a failure and we get 4 crossleagues PVP.

Result:
Winners will be from Default because of legacy items.
Domination and well equipped HC characters are runner ups
Nemesis and HC Players will receive the worst ranks.

Have fun getting feedback like: "Default players should be in their own PVP league"

MMORPGs never have a big PVP community because they are too gearbased and grindy and that's exactly the issue with PoE.

Bullshit for several reasons:

A) There will NOT be crossleague matchmaking.
B) MMORPGs have a rather big and competitive pvp community because they usually have an arena style PvP with special PvP gear.

But B makes no sense for an ARPG due to the only re4al incentive of those games being amassing gear. But if you can put no real use to that gear that incentive becomes shallow. Do you really wanna have mapping and more effective mapping as the one and only option for endgame? I do not wish for that.

I want to farm my pvp gear and be rewarded for my dedication. If you don´t enjoy that, well... it is not like there are no games besides this one. (<-- lame argument, but the truth in this case)

Also, if the problem was only the gearadvantage of veteran PvPers, how xome that experienced duelers are also the better duelers in the new leagues? If gear would the only factor, shouldn´t it be different?
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
"

In 1.0.2, Standard and Hardcore can fight each other. Domination and Nemesis can fight each other. The old leagues cannot fight the new leagues because that's unfair.

"
You win, but you'd better play it so that there are enough players to make the tournaments full on all leagues!

Ok now guess what's going to happen over time.

HC is a wasteland-->Empty
HC PVP in General is really small-->No Participants on Nemesis.
Standard has a small PVP base.
Domination has a small PVP base.

HC and Default will be mixed also Domination and Nemesis.

Because being entirely gearbased the number of participants decreases.
They merge again else PVP wouldn't make any sense.

"
MMORPGs have a rather big and competitive pvp community because they usually have an arena style PvP with special PvP gear.

That's why they are espots... oh wait they are not.

"
I want to farm my pvp gear and be rewarded for my dedication. If you don´t enjoy that, well... it is not like there are no games besides this one.

And again the WoW+ generation shows up.
Did you ever play D2 Classic before LoD? You needed like 10 Mf runs and you had low level PVP EQ!.
The uniques were common, sets and gemhelmets too. The only rare items were rare Martels and Lances but they weren't that superior to common items anyway.
That's how ARPG PVP should be.

But PoE is a grinding hell and that's why there are barely any PVP players. Mechanics making sense in PVM are highly overpowered in PVP.

This was even worse in CB, when penetraion penetrated like 56% resists on level 18.

"
Also, if the problem was only the gearadvantage of veteran PvPers, how xome that experienced duelers are also the better duelers in the new leagues? If gear would the only factor, shouldn´t it be different?

Counterquestion who is PVPing but the "experienced pvpers"? PVP is pretty much dead because it's bad.

How come in CT events on equal level PVP without bad mannered play (rushing to a high level and killing low players) players not being known to be PVPers or racers do good?
Sure they get killed by rushers at some point but till then they do really good and those players don't act like the ordinary player trying to run away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info