DonaldF's EK DANMAKU Ranger Extremely High DPS /Jan.14 little update [Videos]

"
Manerma wrote:
What do you need spell damage for in this build? Isn't it all physical dmg?

EK is a Spell so it's affected by Spell dmg mod. This build main damage comes from spells casted on crit from Cyclone.
Last edited by euence on Mar 31, 2014, 9:37:17 AM
I found an alternative build with ST linked with FB & ice Spear. I'm doing fine now :)
But i'm interested in the dagger. Will pm you !
"
todin wrote:
I found an alternative build with ST linked with FB & ice Spear. I'm doing fine now :)

I'm using this approach too in ambush league and doing well in 78 maps. Currently using ST+COC+LMP+LL+Fireball+Fire pen and change to Cyclone+multistrike/blood magic to take down boss and exiles. Good thing is nothing can stop it (except corrupt blood, it's very annoying to deal), can do any map mods even in 78, don't need dmg aura, and AoE/DPS is great. I removed EK because elemental tree is much better than before, and started as shadow to benefit from it. Also Fireball+LMP can shotgun, EK can't. So no danmaku for me in this league.
Will also be making a CoC build with elemental spells, but what's left of the Danmaku is still very very viable and can still do pretty much any mod, even in 78 maps.
What is shotgun??
It's when you get close to the minion you're attacking and hitting them with all the projectiles when you crit.
Hey, i hit 69 today and i had a question.

I was really impressed by this build at start cause of fast att, crits etc. But my build is looking a bit worse then this in guide and still i have 1 k hp less. what shall i do, cause i cant even dream about doing dominus now ^^
1. How much resistance shall i hit to feel safe
2. I need to take hp only from items?
If someone can look for my build and check out my problem i would be pretty greatfull

PS sorry for english , probably cripple it so hard ;)
"
knrd1337 wrote:
Hey, i hit 69 today and i had a question.

I was really impressed by this build at start cause of fast att, crits etc. But my build is looking a bit worse then this in guide and still i have 1 k hp less. what shall i do, cause i cant even dream about doing dominus now ^^
1. How much resistance shall i hit to feel safe
2. I need to take hp only from items?
If someone can look for my build and check out my problem i would be pretty greatfull

PS sorry for english , probably cripple it so hard ;)

Hi, plz post gear and passive tree if need advice. For the questions:
1-you want to hit 75% in all elementals, but get at least 75% in lightning to do merc dominus
2-you need to take hp from all gear you can and from passives (need about 200%hp from passives)

I must use purity of elements whole the time to even think about doing piety or elemental monsters. I think i should buy EK Q20 too, it has got higher dmg isn't it?

*EDIT*So you say that i should take topaz flasks for Dominus?
And shall i have more Flasks for Health? With those i can hit 35600 K arm(85% psych reduction) so its not so bad.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAAYAXgHRBH4FfQX5CC4OSBGWFfAV9hmKGY4b-iP2JJ0k_SXfJpUppS2DL286WDqzR35KfU4qUEJTNVVLVupW-lpIW69d8mJaYnllTWegapNtbG17bmlwUnC7cNV9dYTZhxmHdow2kAqXBpuNm7Wdo6Eioi6iQKQZpzSrxa_rtUi2Qb6nwA_AUcSi0O7STdN-1QDV7dkT3Q3nVO2D7g7veu_w8-r0-Pej_Kv8xf66
Last edited by knrd1337 on Jun 21, 2014, 9:08:43 AM
Your belt amulet and rings are too bad, you can get good stuff with like 4c for each. belt and rings should have a lot of life and resists. Best belt would have +phys dmg and best ring would be diamonds, but they're expensive. Best amulet would have crit mult, spell damage and life, but try buying best you can afford cuz they're kind of rare.

You can improve a lot just by changing the flasks. I would recommend 2 life flask (must be seething or bubbling) 2 surgeon's granite flask of iron skin and 1 surgeon's quicksilver. They're very cheap to buy. Always take at least one flask to remove bleeding (worst coc enemy) and one to remove freeze.

You should take topaz flask in dominus for sure, they're very good.

temp chains is not good for defense, i would recommend swap for enfeeble or crit weakness. But there's no point in taking 2 curses with cwdt, use only 1.

stop leveling your immortal call links. At lvl16 it still works, but not so good anymore. Best would be lvl3

The chest is very important, you can start with tabula for the links but as soon as you get carcass jack, the defense and offense will improve a lot

arctic armour is worthless without eldritch battery, i do not recommend using it

Try picking 'doomcast' and 'nightstalker' as your next goal in passive tree. They will improve the gameplay a lot
Last edited by marcosyy87 on Jun 21, 2014, 1:24:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info