Burbs Bow Build

I'm guessing you only don't have static blows because of the Lionseye? because I''m doing this build with RT and damage seems pretty low without the shocking.
IGN: adrft
I don't know if you have already updated this in your build, but I've found the increased aura effect nodes work separately from weapon elemental dmg, perhaps increased beforehand with the total being affected by WED after. I respecced out of a 8% WED node into aura effect today to see the difference and here is what I found :

3 auras WED 4875.9 dps
2 auras WED 3961.8 dps
3 auras nothing 4788.9 dps
2 auras nothing 3892.5 dps
3 auras Aura node 5039.2 dps
2 auras Aura node 4080 dps

2 auras being wrath and anger, third hatred. A pure physical bow was used with 58% ele dmg on gear.

Ofcourse this can be affected by a lot of factors but overall it looks to be a lot more beneficial, perhaps the most beneficial dps passive with high level auras.
"
Aggnog wrote:
I don't know if you have already updated this in your build, but I've found the increased aura effect nodes work separately from weapon elemental dmg, perhaps increased beforehand with the total being affected by WED after. I respecced out of a 8% WED node into aura effect today to see the difference and here is what I found :

3 auras WED 4875.9 dps
2 auras WED 3961.8 dps

2 auras being wrath and anger, third hatred. A pure physical bow was used with 58% ele dmg on gear.

Ofcourse this can be affected by a lot of factors but overall it looks to be a lot more beneficial, perhaps the most beneficial dps passive with high level auras.

Like everything else in this game, WED nodes will be additive with all other additive increases, Projectile Damage being the main one in this case. The aura node, on the other hand, is a increase to the anger/wrath buff, not to weapon elemental damage. If the only additive passives you had were WED nodes, 8% WED would be the same as 8% buff increase.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
"
diktaturr194 wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
Why don't you run Hatred burbs?

Wondering the same thing :O

I mean ... you are using Lionseye!
Is it because of Koams fire damage boost?

Another question : Why weapon ele damage gem and all the ele dmg nodes? Was it because you were originially using LA? Or is it really worth it simply because you have rings, ammys etc with ele damage on them?

I am very confused where your damage comes from, seriously. I mean yea, you have those 20% quality level 20 gems, etc. But a friend of mine as a Lionseye as well and his damage is far undernearth yours. Even though he has by far more damage nodes than you have.

Care to explain? Would be really cool!

A lot of his damage comes from anger, wrath and elem stats on gear.
"
I'm guessing you only don't have static blows because of the Lionseye? because I''m doing this build with RT and damage seems pretty low without the shocking.

Well, if you run RT, if your equipment has not Elemental modifiers, and if you only run wrath like i do atm ( lvl 67 Ranger on Nemesis ), i think it is a good idea to skip Marauder life nodes ( you get life elsewhere to offset ), and you do take Static blows ... as soon as i can get Alpha's Howl, i will add anger plus grace, and drop static blows to take the marauder HP line.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdECcQSzFE0VIBZvGYUZtBo4HRQkqiXfJ-0ppSpNLOkxnjKJNZI26TrhPC0_J0d-Sn1KyE3jTipVxlfiWfNbr2VNZp5noGe9bBZuaW6qcql35XjrfNl9dYPbhNmHdojxj0aQCpBVm6GhIqIAokCmV6eEq8WsWayqr-u18rc-u-O-p8AaxKLE9sauytPNmM5xz2XQ0NN-3ILdDd7G42rnCudj6mLsOO5v73rwH_JF9Pj6sfrS_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==
Last edited by Mouroult on Nov 26, 2013, 7:04:53 AM
"
koticgood wrote:
"
Aggnog wrote:

3 auras WED 4875.9 dps
2 auras WED 3961.8 dps

Like everything else in this game, WED nodes will be additive with all other additive increases, Projectile Damage being the main one in this case. The aura node, on the other hand, is a increase to the anger/wrath buff, not to weapon elemental damage. If the only additive passives you had were WED nodes, 8% WED would be the same as 8% buff increase.

Now that I think about it again this does make sense, either way the majority of the builds I've seen, especially the alpha builds with wrath/anger don't seem to take these nodes which is a shame.
"
Aggnog wrote:

3 auras WED 4875.9 dps
2 auras WED 3961.8 dps

Aura effect nodes are sort of "multiplicative" with WED nodes, as they will buff the baseline damage increase of those auras, which then gets increased by total elemental damage + projectile damage nodes.

Sort of like how Quality on weapons behaves for pure physical damage calculations.

So, there's a breakpoint where adding big amounts of "increased damage" gives less benefits than adding a small buff to auras.

Bye
Last edited by ThePlash on Nov 28, 2013, 5:09:28 AM
Why do you kill 3 bandits for a skillpoint? Oak isnt better?
I'm level 70 using this build and have plateaued quite significantly.

My DPS with full frenzy stacks (4) and buffs (minus anger) is like 2,500 with Frenzy and 2,000 with SA. I'm only running 4 links with both, but I still feel like this is insignificant.

Can I get some advice? Is this normal? Unfortunately I don't have the cash to afford a Lioneye's nor an Alpha's Howl despite my chance orbs coming through someday.

I just feel like I'm not doing much? I'm not really "struggling" but my clear times are not optimal. I had a dual strike/ST'er before and felt like I was doing gobs more damage.
I noticed that you seemed to take 'increased projectile damage' over 'increased physical damage with bows'. Is this because you are focusing on doing elemental damage with your auras and 'increased projectile damage' buffs it whereas 'increased physical damage with bows' would not. If that was the case why is your bow pure physical damage? Is it simply to have your attacks unable to be evaded?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info