1.0.0 pure aura build (7 auras working on more)

"
tdr3d wrote:
"
There's only one small difference between our builds and that's how I went for the last small aura circle of nodes at the bottom and you instead got the AMAZING group of weapon elemental damage nodes near the templar start that add even more damage than any of my +ele wpn dmg rings do. However I'm not sure that you will be able to run 5 auras with your mana like my marauder does you will however be able to deal much more damage. I suggest just dropping the use of purity because they are about to nerf it anyway (at least drop it when u get gear with res on it)

You're right, I don't know for sure how reserved mana is calculated exactly, so I was going with my shoddy math. Could you tell us how much mana you reserve (for example) with Wrath, preferably what it is with and without Reduced mana gem?

My understanding is as follows:

Aura (wrath) x ( 1 - mana reserved reduction - reduced mana gem reduction)= reserved amount

........0.6.......x ( 1 - ..................0.46............. - ................ 0.29 ...................)= 15% reserved

To put it simply:
60% x 25% = 15 %

You would then run 6 of default "60% auras" in gloves, boots or helm(4link with reduced mana + 3 auras) , and the default "40%" and clarity aura with a reduced mana gem in your prism guardian for less than 10% of your total life. So in theory I'm planning on running 8 auras while missing 1 of the aura nodes at the bottom left of the passive tree, while still running with 10% mana that would be mana leeched back with every attack.

Please someone correct me if my math is wrong though.

No that's wrong

It would be more like:

[Aura - (Aura*ReducedPassives)]*ReducedSupport = Cost

[60 - (60*.54)].73 = 20.148%

I have 46% reduced passives + 8% reduced from alphas added to be 54% reducedpassive
I also have a lvl 18 Reduced mana gem which multiplies the total by 73% or .73
So you without the one passive would be at 49% reduced (with alphas howl) meaning:

[60 - (60*.49)].73 = 22.338%

which means unlike me who will eventually reach 20% on all my auras so i can run 5 (i run purity instead of a 60% aura right now) you wont be able to run 5x 60% auras on your mana pool alone.
"
Schmeelk wrote:
So you without the one passive would be at 49% reduced (with alphas howl) meaning:

which means unlike me who will eventually reach 20% on all my auras so i can run 5 (i run purity instead of a 60% aura right now) you wont be able to run 5x 60% auras on your mana pool alone.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion, so at best i will be able to comfortably run 6 auras total (4 60% auras and 2 other auras in the prism guardian). So probably wrath, anger, hatred, determination, grace and clarity. If not clarity then probably haste, i would need to see how much 2 x 60% gems + reduced mana gem in prism guardian will do to my life (hardcore is hardcore after all).

Edit: but probably my build can ideally support 5 after the patch, i don't know if its worth running any of the new single resistance auras.
Last edited by tdr3d on Nov 11, 2013, 2:49:52 PM
ok, i agree with you
How not to miss Skill Books /view-thread/1940679
Find Bameth /view-thread/1828226
Exas for new players /view-thread/1956615
Checking resources /view-thread/2453818
Don't use Shaper/Elder orbs /view-thread/2474890
"
"
tdr3d wrote:
"
Schmeelk wrote:

Thanks for clearing up my confusion, so at best i will be able to comfortably run 6 auras total (4 60% auras and 2 other auras in the prism guardian). So probably wrath, anger, hatred, determination, grace and clarity. If not clarity then probably haste, i would need to see how much 2 x 60% gems + reduced mana gem in prism guardian will do to my life (hardcore is hardcore after all).

Edit: but probably my build can ideally support 5 after the patch, i don't know if its worth running any of the new single resistance auras.

Ok so prism guardian adds to the "ReducedPassive" for you:

[60 - (60*.74)].73 = 10.512% of your life per 60% aura

i run two because im on standard and 20% is nothing to me, but since ur on hc u might want to think about which auras are most important to you. Haste is nice but not necessary.

"
diablokiller1 wrote:
ok, i agree with you

XD
Last edited by Schmeelk on Nov 11, 2013, 5:24:52 PM
The new patch with the single resistance auras shouldnt effect this build too much, infact it looks like a good deal to me. The single resistance auras will be good for map runs where you know what type of resistances youll need. I plan on running purity then having the singles in my inventory to swap out if im expecting a certain type of damage. The loss of the max res buff kind of sucks but its not as huge of a blow because the i dividual res auras should boost higher than just 3 max res, it only adds flexibility to this build.

I dont understand why people are complaining.
So, using reduced mana and blood magic gems with 46% reduced mana from passives...how many auras can you people have on blood and on mana?

I have used your equation schmeelk and I got to like 3 auras on blood magic (using just clarity and the 40% auras) and 3 on mana (the 60% ones and take up to 90% mana or something). Is this correct? what are your experiences people? how many?
*COUGH COUGH*!
With the math provided by the OP, you could theoretically have a maximum of 9 auras running at the same time, but you would render your character unplayable in doing so.

Edit: 10 auras if you were to force the last one out with a blood magic gem.
Last edited by tdr3d on Nov 14, 2013, 4:36:50 PM
"
Garompa wrote:
So, using reduced mana and blood magic gems with 46% reduced mana from passives...how many auras can you people have on blood and on mana?

I have used your equation schmeelk and I got to like 3 auras on blood magic (using just clarity and the 40% auras) and 3 on mana (the 60% ones and take up to 90% mana or something). Is this correct? what are your experiences people? how many?

The blood magic passive is another multiplicative that is completely separate from all the other variables. I have yet to use it but i believe the math would add to something like this:

{[Aura-(Aura*ReducedPassives)]*ReducedSupport} - 0.3*{[Aura-(Aura*ReducedPassives)]*ReducedSupport}

Kind of lengthy but it makes sense when you reread the wording of the passive next to blood magic. Im currently experimenting with a blood magic character on nemesis but so far i cant really get auras to be worth while even with the forty percent ones like vitality. Ill give better calculations later when i get to my computer but i typed this whole message from my phone.

"
tdr3d wrote:
With the math provided by the OP, you could theoretically have a maximum of 9 auras running at the same time, but you would render your character unplayable in doing so.

Edit: 10 auras if you were to force the last one out with a blood magic gem.

You can put a total of 5 auras on your mana and then three on your life using prism guardian im sure you could throw clarity in there with a blood magic support but with the percentage based auras that support gem is useless. The only character that i could see using the nine auras would be a summoner with shavronnes by casting all of the summons then turning on the auras. The second type would be a melee character with a soul taker a and shavronnes because mana or life wouldnt be needed to attack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info