EB Lightning Templar

If you drop unnatural calm and the armor nodes towards the middle and instead grab the armor/ES nodes leading up to body and soul you will get 10% more armor and 15% more ES. Then for one more point you can get Body and soul for +20% armor and ES and 10% all resist.

Edit: You should also drop 2 8% life nodes and grab fitness.
Last edited by Stangery on Dec 20, 2012, 4:35:58 AM
I just started playing recently and I'm interested in a templar with a similar build to this. Would this be a good newbie spec to level with?
My Supporter Pack list compensates for my small penis.
"
Stangery wrote:
If you drop unnatural calm and the armor nodes towards the middle and instead grab the armor/ES nodes leading up to body and soul you will get 10% more armor and 15% more ES. Then for one more point you can get Body and soul for +20% armor and ES and 10% all resist.

Edit: You should also drop 2 8% life nodes and grab fitness.

yeah that's certainly an option. Although I don't need the resists since I'm 75 all, and levelling a Purity gem anyways to boost the max.

"
Relidar wrote:
I just started playing recently and I'm interested in a templar with a similar build to this. Would this be a good newbie spec to level with?

Not sure how newbie friendly it is, since the first 20 levels or so will be a tough grind to EB without much increase in damage or defense. For your first build I'd stick wqith a traditional Templar, without the Eldritch Battery passive, that way you'll get an more even spread of defense and attack. Once you're familiar with Act 1 and 2 and the good spots to grind and where/when you need certain things by, then go for a build like this.

"
Markxx wrote:
Really nice build. I'm testing it as we speak, and so far it's looking really good.

One question though, which flasks would you use to optimize this kind of setup the best?

At the moment, I have 2 Life Flasks, 2 Granite Flasks, and 1 Diamond Flask.

The basic boss kill for me is this: Totem down, Weakness cast, Diamond and smash them with LS. If it's a high damage enemy or boss (such as Golems, Beasts etc) then a Granite will see you through. You can also swap one Granite out for a second Diamond.

I AM ERROR
don't you guys have any trouble hitting things? what % of hit chance are you looking at on higher levels?

is it not worth it going for Resolute technique?
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Resolute is a little out of the way for this build, plus, stacking shock charges is part of the builds power, harder to stack when you can't crit. My hit chance is hovering at around 80%, not really low enough to give me major trouble, just gets slightly annoying on occasion. Just look for Accuracy on your gear, or get a couple of Mace accuracy nodes.
I AM ERROR
I really like this build, I think I am going to try it in Open Beta.

While leveling I had trouble finding the right linked items and enough ES items get to get enough mana. I still really like how it plays though.
hihi :D im a new player (i just start with OB) and im trying this build works pretty fine, but im asking myself if im going EB, my ES turns into Mana but where im supposed to get the ES?
in your description you said going for pure armor set so i dont get it haha

as i said im new to the game so maybe idk a lot of things

thx for the build ;)
He says later on that he uses his Helm slot for pure ES

My question for someone smarter than me, should I leave all my auras at level 1? To save manareserve?

Thank you
"There is friend who sticks closer than a brother"
-Samwise

IGN: Snowhammer
thanks for the answer but can you explain to me what means?
helm slots you mean sockets? if that is correct wich gems are there
or slots means abilities (prefix and sufixes) that grant ES in the helm

P.D: editing.. just realize that means helm must be pure ES instead of armor, thanks for helping and answering the question ;)

Last edited by Antharaz on Jan 24, 2013, 6:53:43 PM
Get armor pieces that have only armor for all slots except helm, for helm, take a helm that has all Energy Shield. At least thats what OP did.

Of course, if as you are leveling you find great Armor/ES items, you can use those too
"There is friend who sticks closer than a brother"
-Samwise

IGN: Snowhammer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info