Cyclone Discharge Witch

"
Theaisa wrote:
Thinking of trying this out as Scion on Nemesis.. would it be viable to level as spectral throw? At which point would it be viable to switch to discharge-on-crit?

How is the survivability? I am a bit worried about the burstiness.

I didn't level this character to play this build, this was a summoner character time ago, so about leveling I can just suppose that freezing pulse would be nice

I believe the better would be to switch to discharge on crit as soon you can, because otherwise you are wasting your passives... I think it can be played with cyclone as soon as you get a 5L and with spectral too if you are willing to play just with 1 projectile (otherwise you need a 6L or a 5L Voll's protector)

About nemesis you have to take in mind you can't use voll's devotion and the nemesis rare affixes. Personally I would sacrifice a lot of dps for a good amount of armour + ev and around 7-8k ES

Survival... stay always alert for ele reflect and a couple of mobs (these news who spike on death and the bitches who cast lightning thorns). You can kill of them, but take it easy or it will be your end
Last edited by GedPoE on Nov 7, 2013, 3:02:01 PM
I'm going to use your build on my next character, but I've got a few questions.
When should I spec into CI?

also I'm leveling as a Scion, which path should I take once I skilltree splits into witch and shadow? which path should I stick to?

Thanks in advance and awesome build!
Torment IGN: ResThyWand
Shop Thread: 1143949
"
RestyPad wrote:
I'm going to use your build on my next character, but I've got a few questions.
When should I spec into CI?

also I'm leveling as a Scion, which path should I take once I skilltree splits into witch and shadow? which path should I stick to?

Thanks in advance and awesome build!

As I said before I just reused an old character to this, so I can't secure the best way to do it, but on the other hand I was leveling a similar build in nemesis starting by scion this past week
So although its still in act 1 merc I think the best would be to run CI just before enter the left side of act 2 (when there are lots of mobs dealing chaos), before that its wise to have some life nodes
Right now my 57 have this but after getting the act 2 respect I would turn it in something like this
Note that this other build is not a CoC discharge so it have some changes, yours should be something like this

So as you can see I choose shadow, because the ES leech keystone and the ES nodes

Last edited by GedPoE on Nov 12, 2013, 6:52:00 PM
I have started leveling a scion with this strat on Dominion. I have a 4L Volls. I tried a two different combinations. One was Cyclone-CastOnCrit-Discharge-multistrike and the other Cyclone-CastOnCrit-Discharge-LifeLeech. The Life Leech gem is better in my opinion. The multistrike leads to more desync and less survivability.

I also am running Blood Rage and Enduring Cry on a CoDT gem. This gets me some extra charges as I go. I use spectral throw with lesser projectiles for some ranged attacks.

I wasn't able to see great results up till I hit 44. I considered the following requirements to make the build start to work effectively.

1. Base Crit chance of 50%. This makes daggers pretty much necessary. It wasn't till I switched to daggers and finished the dagger crit points that the build began to shine.
2. A /oos macro for fixing desync situations. Once you play the build a bunch with multistrike, you can tell when your desynced, cant explain it well though.
3. 2x +Power Charge points. This will get you to 5 power charges. This increase damage and critical strike change.

Hope this help some people starting out with this build.

My Core Build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YFfQ5IEZYX2BzcHpQnqSoLLR87KEZxTLNQMFO4Vupe-mBDaj9tGW49cFJwVnDVfll_xoMJhVWIQonTkBuTJ5oTnaOio6c0rD-0DMBRwcXB89A529TcV-OE8-r8qw==

From here I will be investing in defense then spell damage.
So what to do with CwDT now?
Yea, The nerf is a big old bat, but I'm going to try to balance enduring cry and molten shell with a reasonable level CwDT. I think the trick with this gem now is going to be to not over level it.
"
xzyxzy wrote:
So what to do with CwDT now?

I'm going to keep playing with 3 of them

level 9 + artic breath at level 9 + gmp +Power charge on crit
level 12 + molten shell at level 14
level 3 + enduring cry at level 6

I am also playing with manual enfeeble when facing ele reflect and cast when stunned + increased duration + immortal call x2
Last edited by GedPoE on Nov 14, 2013, 10:49:31 AM
Just wanted to say great build man. i started nemesis with a duelist and was going to do leap slam cast on crit discharge but i could quite get the accuracy and crit that i needed without going to level 90. didnt work

i had wanted to do cyclone, was afraid of the desync, found your post and did it anyway. level 46 and rolling strong. ele reflect is a big big issue but im working on that. i figure on life based vaal pact, life gain on hit since its instant and cyclone attacks a lot, and/or the unique flask that gives 6 to max all res for reflect packs.

any ideas on single target? im shooting for double strike, CoC, fireball or something but not sure. figure that would also be useful for ele reflect.

again, great build, any ideas on these problems ive mentioned?
@Armenhammers
I made it to 66 this weekend. Still love this build to death. I will be attempting to push into maps soonish. Some more insight from my experience so far.

The CI Switch: I went to CI somewhere around level 60 and found it a bit difficult. It is much more gear dependent and up until that time I wasn't running Discipline. First, Discipline is a must, which means you will have at least 45% of you mana reserved. For the switch I started with ~1200ES. This wasn't enough. I started to be fine again around 1800 ES. I picked up a granite flask and a diamond flask when I made the switch. I generally granite if I get about 1/2 way into the pack and don't discharge. I diamond flask if I get half way through the second cyclone without a discharge.

The Weapon: You will not have a high damage dagger. The dagger must be >8% crit. This is usually a Golden/Platinum Kris with crit on it. This is where I spend my Alchs. I look for these daggers because they start with 80% Crit. Other daggers are 40% or 60% innate modifiers. Look for those white daggers and pray you make a good one. The stats your looking for is Crit Strike. My dagger only has 23%. This works well enough. After that you want spell damage modifiers

Elemental Reflect: You would think this is a simple problem to handle, but its just not. Ged uses Enfeeble. I wouldn't mind this so much, but for one thing. I become a martyr before I even realize there is an elemental reflect boss around. I may just have to slow down a bit, as I pretty much just spin straight into every pack and watch them disintegrate. This is great except sometimes you disintegrate too.

Mana Issues: Right now one "Spin to Win" cost me ~60 mana. I can only cast 2 spins before I need to pot because of Discipline. This is fine for most packs, but if you come to a one on one with a unique or tough rare you can drain your flasks quick. Two things I do to avoid this. First, Surgeons flasks are your friend, as you have a crit build. Second, I get flasks with increase amount and decreased speed. with these flasks you never want to fill up your mana which means short, rapid cyclones.

Crit Weakness: Just as an added benifit, I hooked up Crit Weakness to my low level CwDT/Enduring Cry. This gives me extra crit if I get hit by something.

Current Build:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YFOgV9DkgQexEvEZYTnhXXFr8c3CepKgsrCiycLL8tHzY9Oyg74T1fRKtGcUcGTLNQMFJTU7hVrlZjVupb9F3yX2pgQ2NDaj9tGW49cFJwVnDVfjN-WX_GgwmFVYauiEKIa4nTjDaPppAbkyeaE52joqOkkaXLpyu0DLTFtve31sBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbdA514bbGtvU4vfjhOwY8h3y

4fPq_Ks=
Last edited by vidalisj on Nov 18, 2013, 8:59:55 AM
I remember you telling me you made this thread in the witch area :)

Just thought I'd let you know about the changes I've made to the original build in here. The changes are pretty massive. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/562291

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info