EB Frost Templar

Aerocell - No need to stop leveling gems. Ice nova still 2-3 hits mobs yes, I use Glacial Hammer to take down rare mobs and bosses.

Bothor - Awesome, can't wait for the feedback and GL!

lasttear19 - I do well, lots of life/resists and turbo isn't a problem since chill and freeze occur often. The only problem I have in maps is elemental reflection - however if you have the 5 link with Life Leech gem then it is really no problem, especially if it has quality!

Thanks for the feedback guys, sorry for the late answers - Been busy with work D:

IGN Suojata
hey man,
i am currently trying this build.
allow me the question: did anything change since you created/updated it? still viable?
thanks!
yeah, i'd be curious if anything has changed since ob as well
yeah same here , thanks :)
what i wonder about esp is:
since we will be in the middle of fights all the time, is it wise to actually convert our energy shield to mana? how will this work out do we have enough life/armor and so on to survive w/O energy shield? i guess eldrich battery helps with having all those auras, but do they make up for the fact that we dont have energy shield?

actually i was thinking about getting Chaos Inoculation later on and respeccing the health nodes that i got until then. but i am new to PoE and got no idea if this will work out or if its better. how else will i be dealing with chaos dmg?

would be nice if someone could answer my questions fast because im soon going to have to decide if i get the +life or +skillpoint from act2.

thanks
Last edited by Revolutionary on Jan 26, 2013, 4:55:14 AM
Possible to build something like that but focused on fire? Maybe using Molten Shell, Infernal Blow, maybe up to two totems w/ fire trap? Something like that :3
Hi, I´m using ur guide and now im lvl 47 i had some survival issues with Cold-,Lighting Dmg Mobs (usually one of them does allmost a 3rd of my life) but my resists are not good atm so i guess its a matter of gear.
I´ve found spelltotem with frostbite curse is very handy.
Thx for this guide and keep up the good work.
Mfg
"
Revolutionary wrote:
what i wonder about esp is:
since we will be in the middle of fights all the time, is it wise to actually convert our energy shield to mana? how will this work out do we have enough life/armor and so on to survive w/O energy shield? i guess eldrich battery helps with having all those auras, but do they make up for the fact that we dont have energy shield?

actually i was thinking about getting Chaos Inoculation later on and respeccing the health nodes that i got until then. but i am new to PoE and got no idea if this will work out or if its better. how else will i be dealing with chaos dmg?

would be nice if someone could answer my questions fast because im soon going to have to decide if i get the +life or +skillpoint from act2.

thanks

I'm actually at lev 30 and i have chosen +1 skillpoint, I think it's more viable
I know this thread is ancient, but I am rolling this build and am level 67. I haven't really had any issues except with resist elemental mobs. They just take AGES to kill.

In the OP, I noticed the poster was running like 5 auras. Somehow I don't see how that's possible unless they nerfed the auras within the past year or so. I only recently (~month) started playing.

How is it possible to run 5 auras without linking them all together on 2 reduced mana gems and getting all the mana reservation nodes (which I notice you have 0 of in your build). I picked up all those nodes and have 2 reduced mana nodes linked to my auras and can still only run

- Discipline
- Determination/Purity of Elements
- Clarity (if needed, depending on rings, etc)

I really see no way to get more then that with this build unless you really stack ES gear and get that mana pool really boosted. In that case, I feel like you're really going to be sacrificing armor though.

In that case listed above, I can't run 5 linked on my ice nova spell to max the DPS because I need to link all the auras to the reduced mana.

What are the thoughts on that?
I did a very similar build, right now im at lvl 60's , but some ways i did diferently.
I took the way up to the witch frost/cold/chill node, I did the 6% templar chill node and the 6% cold damage line with increased mana and mana cost reduce...
I must say that I failled im my build, I use Glacial Hammer, Ice Nova, Frost Bite and Hatred im using pretty much the same suports that you did in your build ,but my char have mana problems, the ice nova damage is too low, my attacks are to slow resuming, my char is noob :(
But it seems that you did it better, but I must say that I got ceptic about the Glacial Hammer build because Glacial Hammer is a low lvl active skill as well ice nova...
So i just wanna know if there is any chance of posting some video of the build gameplay, and i didnt understood the 7 auras thing, you use them at the same time? how the mana supports it?
and i want to know the damage that the glacial hammer is provinding and if this build is as good as the Infernal Blow/Avatar of Fire Templar, I considering to use all my refunds fix my build using your model, but first i need these answers, I aprecciate your work, sorry for gramatic errors, I'm brazilian and did all this text by myself XD

:DD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info