[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

"
Wurps wrote:

It's mathematically inferior. It has less than half the attack speed and less than double the crit.

So there is no other bow with specific mods that can out DPS the quill? I wanted to say that I do enjoy your build but I am very curious on whether there is a bow that can allow me to do more damage.
"
"
Wurps wrote:

It's mathematically inferior. It has less than half the attack speed and less than double the crit.

So there is no other bow with specific mods that can out DPS the quill? I wanted to say that I do enjoy your build but I am very curious on whether there is a bow that can allow me to do more damage.

On a build that relies purely on the spells from cast on crit, the highest attack speed bow in the game is used for good reason.
Well i try my luck tonight to recolour my Voll. looking for GGGBBB, had a few GGGRRR and after using 20stacks of chrome i got this :)

but still no GGGBBB!!! and then i recolor my 6L Quill to GGGBBB
IGN : NyssaThunderstorm
"
Sleepychotz wrote:
Well i try my luck tonight to recolour my Voll. looking for GGGBBB, had a few GGGRRR and after using 20stacks of chrome i got this :)

but still no GGGBBB!!! and then i recolor my 6L Quill to GGGBBB

Nice. Took me 60 stacks of chroms for that.
"
"
Wurps wrote:

There are no other bows that will be competitive with quill rain. I did the math and wands are about the same crits/sec but slightly better due to spell damage mods.

On the other hand quill rain has much more max damage potential than a wand, but a wand is much more consistent.
"
pabrt wrote:
"
"
Wurps wrote:

There are no other bows that will be competitive with quill rain. I did the math and wands are about the same crits/sec but slightly better due to spell damage mods.

On the other hand quill rain has much more max damage potential than a wand, but a wand is much more consistent.

This is assuming you limit yourself to only using barrage, right?
Last edited by Wurps on Dec 16, 2013, 6:57:02 PM
Yes only using barrage, wands will have the downside of no LA etc.

Also you need to get 2 good wands vs. one quill rain and a quiver. So it's more expensive unless you do 6l quill rain.
Last edited by pabrt on Dec 16, 2013, 7:14:21 PM
wands seem better since u can run a beast shield like a wand with 50% spell dmge + 30% x ele dmge + crit chance + attkspeed dosnt cost much i bought 1 yesterday for 7c, 1.65 attk speek 10.5 crit chance , but what i want to no is will the spell also crit or do they roll there crits individualy?
Im still not sure about the reduced area support rune what about using empower instead?
So.... anyone selling quillrain 6L ? xDDD.

Readed all the possibilities wand vs quill rain. Quill rain is better cos 3.11 APS = less critic base ( 5% )but higher attack sped from wep + nodes + rest of equip = highchance of each hitted mob to CoC spread all.
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info