Animate Guardian - The Thread [Giving it a 2nd chance]

I thought it was persistent on DC but not on extended logout, or something. Meh, might make a halfway decent addition to a summoner build then, we'll see.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
No offense, but if your still suggesting Matua Tupuna your not doing the high level maps.

Sorry, but hes not gonna be good till hes re-worked. All it takes is one map with some semi-nasty mods with the right creatures and you blew what, 5 chaos minimum? Not to mention his suicide AI makes it far too annoying to constantly babysit him.

He eats up 4 Sockets and even with all that gear will STILL have trouble competing against zombies for damage/usefulness.

Im sure you saw the part where I specifically mentioned that the gear listed above was for end of normal and cruel.

Your Merciless gear will look different, clearly. There are tons of rares you come across that arent quite good enough to trade but a bit too good to sell. They are perfect AG swag.

Tupuna was specifically mentioned in a support/buffing type situation.

If you gear your bro out well enough he can run off wherever he pleases, he wont die. Zombies cant touch the damage AG does especially if you socket him correctly (Multistrike comes to mind)
Dont understand why the items need to be destroyed when you or the guardian die.
"
Dont understand why the items need to be destroyed when you or the guardian die.

Risk/Reward.

If they take the item destruction away I fully expect them to nerf the skill significantly. People gave up on it way too early, and do not understand how strong it is because they focus so much on losing precious chaos orbs.

I imagine with time those who are very rich will pick this skill back up and you will see countless threads of how amazing it is. Right now these threads are mostly populated with "I had a lvl 1 Animate Guardian with all white items and he ran off one time and died. The skill is horrible and useless" people.

That should change.
This reddit thread contains a lot of good/useful info about AG: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1rc0lu/effective_cheap_and_sexy_animate_guardians/
"
MaxBonerstorm wrote:
"

I imagine with time those who are very rich will pick this skill back up and you will see countless threads of how amazing it is. Right now these threads are mostly populated with "I had a lvl 1 Animate Guardian with all white items and he ran off one time and died. The skill is horrible and useless" people.

I used it for quite some time as you can see. I really like the idea, but this skill is indeed horrible and useless. I've read posts about how it can get decent DPS with good weapon and links. I have no idea what are those people smoking.
Used it in my Bringer of Rain and gave him Voidhome:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voidhome
His dps was something like 10-20% of DPS of 1 BoR zombie. And i can get 7-8 of them.

Only good thing about him is he never dies. Give him blue astral plate with hp, blue 24% resist shield with +hp and some other gear with +hp. You can always see his HP bar in upper part of you screen, so you can use flasks/run away anytime he needs it.

But why whould i need tanky, but absolutely useless minion? I've tried countless combinations of gear and gems on him, only useful thing i could get from him was blind, with 2.0+ aspd weapon his attack speed is ridiculous. But skeletons+blind are more useful.

That's why i leveled it to 20 and never used it ever since.
"
abbarnes wrote:

Like your zombies, he doesn't die when you die.
Last edited by kepler45 on Nov 24, 2013, 6:15:17 PM
Looks like someone found a way to make it useful: http://4x.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1tdbpo/effective_cheap_and_sexy_animate_guardians/

They get the bonuses of "cast on death" gem, just linking it to them.
IGN: Manda_Chuva
Unfortunately they don't do all that well in higher maps without a lot of watching, not worth the bother when 2 evangelists do so amazingly well surviving with no watching at all. They are fun but only 1 sadly isn't worth the bother in higher lvl map group parties (imho at this time, a good gear combo might change my mind on that), the gem slots are better used for a lightning warp with faster casting and reduced duration for the use of my gem slots on my summoner. I am still playing with gear combos as I find unique either with my mf or for cheap in trade, but no op combos yet. Easier to use them with the 'crap' rares that get dumped in maps if you are going to use one, then nothing is lost when one dies. That said I dont use the cast on death cheese, ymmv with that multiplier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info