[1.2.0] Lightning arrow bow ranger (3 Auras/ life based/ max dps/ good survivability)

"
APCY wrote:
Hello i can afford only 4 link , what gems should i use? Lighting arrow, bloodmagic, faster attack and LMP ?

LA only gets good with chain, before I'd suggest to use Split arrow or Rain of arrows or burning arrow for better dps.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
"
Dan1986 wrote:
"
APCY wrote:
Hello i can afford only 4 link , what gems should i use? Lighting arrow, bloodmagic, faster attack and LMP ?

LA only gets good with chain, before I'd suggest to use Split arrow or Rain of arrows or burning arrow for better dps.

I had a Resolute Technique LA Duelist before 1.1.0., but I am not quite sure the RT part works out all that well, especially now with 1.1.0., and am considering switching to crits.

Do you reckon this could work?

Alternatively I've been thinking of going Burning Arrow for a change, but it's a long shot:

What flasks would you suggest now with the changes?
2 Life flasks, 1 diamond, 1 granite and 1 quicksilver is what I am using atm.

To all: I will be gone for ~ 2 weeks, so feel free to help anyone out if you are experienced with this build/guide. Cya soon
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Mar 10, 2014, 1:22:23 PM
Id be willing to help almost 60 in ambush ladder with this build like it so far feels like my old BM LA aura ranger. Just less health but thats mainly a gear issue.
I like orbs
"
Dan1986 wrote:

I absolutely recommend to go into blood magic eventually. Sustaining life is much easier than sustaining mana, and mana leech is generally limited (it works with a lag of some time until mana fills up + you won't have too much mana with this build just from leveling and without much int). You need rather high dps to make mana leech work, and some people argue that it is simply not a good option in case of a ranger LA build (pure phys builds are a different story).

Wait, you mean the Blood Magic keystone, or just the skillgem?
Can you update your leveling build? Where should the build head around level 60? Do I go towards berserking? What's next, do I get crit nodes on the south or go north?
"
Brazilski wrote:
"
Dan1986 wrote:

I absolutely recommend to go into blood magic eventually. Sustaining life is much easier than sustaining mana, and mana leech is generally limited (it works with a lag of some time until mana fills up + you won't have too much mana with this build just from leveling and without much int). You need rather high dps to make mana leech work, and some people argue that it is simply not a good option in case of a ranger LA build (pure phys builds are a different story).

Wait, you mean the Blood Magic keystone, or just the skillgem?

Hes talking about the skill gem ATM at 60 I run Life leech LA LMP and Blood Magic sometimes swaping to Faster attacks Split arrow and Life leech with BM
I like orbs
"
Dan1986 wrote:

Why no Iron Reflexes? The reason is that the new build uses Ondars Guile which makes you VERY HARD to get hit by any projectiles - awesome node. In addition, you can use armour as well. There are 3 hybrid nodes taken, which boost armour and evasion at the same time.
If you got like 3k base armour + high evasion, that's from my experience enough armour if you get hit and overall safer vs burst dmg. In the end, it's still a matter of preference though.

I'm just curious here.

Looking at the build, Iron Reflexes is just 3 points away. With how popular it is and how much it seems was spent to get all the hybrid evasion/armor nodes for defenses, do you think it's superior to go the hybrid nodes route instead of just taking Iron Reflexes and being able to have more flexibility with the points not having to climb to the hybrid nodes?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEfhXwGf4bASF2JP0wfDH6MpQ51DpYPs9RR2_ydvd3138CfyuHGY19lQWgn6EioaSiQKbgp9Sqf6q4r-u95sSiyqnVANaK2cbcFeHb51T0-Plj_sg=

This is my build so far at lvl 42. Can u give me advice what to take next?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info