[1.2.0] Lightning arrow bow ranger (3 Auras/ life based/ max dps/ good survivability)

very nice guide mate, but I thought Voltaxic is immune to reflect, isn't it?

That's the bow I will be using when I hit lvl 61

I'm kinda considering to swap it to a voltaxic, what do you think?
IGN Soultakerr
Last edited by maikanafufaika on Dec 19, 2013, 9:20:42 AM
"
Dan1986 wrote:

It doesn't change the build a lot because it doesn't boost Lightning arrow in any way. You could use it for Frenzy though.

Except it DOES, Lightning arrow converts a portion of your physical damage to lightning damage. The more physical damage you have, the more lightning damage you have. Same with added elemental damage like from hatred.

see: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion
on the Example calculation.

Physical Projectile Attack Damage gem basically act like a different version of weapon elemental damage gem if you are using percentage conversion or percentage added elemental damage. It is slightly weaker than it, but much more mana efficient.
Last edited by Randomzx on Dec 19, 2013, 12:30:55 PM
"

Hey, voltaxic is quite different. It has low physical base dmg, so I would not recommend it for this build (instead you would use it for elemental builds). Lioneye's is better, and a high phys roll rare thicket or similar is best. Your bow looks quite good.

"
Randomzx wrote:
"
Dan1986 wrote:

It doesn't change the build a lot because it doesn't boost Lightning arrow in any way. You could use it for Frenzy though.

Except it DOES, Lightning arrow converts a portion of your physical damage to lightning damage. The more physical damage you have, the more lightning damage you have. Same with added elemental damage like from hatred.

see: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion
on the Example calculation.

Physical Projectile Attack Damage gem basically act like a different version of weapon elemental damage gem if you are using percentage conversion or percentage added elemental damage. It is slightly weaker than it, but much more mana efficient.

Hi, I know all that. And I also knew my comment was slightly incorrect, but I thought negligible. Afaik phs projectile dmg boosts the final physical damage, that is after conversion of physical base dmg to lightning. But even if that is not the case, the lightning damage is not affected by this gem, which makes it not the best choice. Higher lightning dmg increases the length of shocks and is increased much further via weapon ele dmg, so you want to use a gem which works well together with the other gems.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Dec 19, 2013, 3:14:27 PM
"
Dan1986 wrote:

Hi, I know all that. And I also knew my comment was slightly incorrect, but I thought negligible. Afaik phs projectile dmg boosts the final physical damage, that is after conversion of physical base dmg to lightning. But even if that is not the case, the lightning damage is not affected by this gem, which makes it not the best choice. Higher lightning dmg increases the length of shocks and is increased much further via weapon ele dmg, so you want to use a gem which works well together with the other gems.

No, the lightning damage IS boosted by the gem thanks to conversion mechanics. This gem is only weak for elemental damage if you don't have massive physical damage for the conversion to work on.

Like from the site:

"

The Lightning Damage

There is 25 Lightning Damage that was converted from Physical. This damage is affected by all Lightning and Physical Damage modifiers:

80 + 30 = 110% increased damage
30% more damage
70% more damage

25 * (1 + 0.8 + 0.3) * 1.3 * 1.7 = 116.0 Lightning Damage

then 30% more physical damage is listed as from a support gem, and as you can see it does NOT ignored from the converted damage calculation.
Go test it out if you don't believe me.

You should seriously go reread the mechanics of POE.

Also, projectile damage nodes are NOT 'applied to the final projectile dmg', they are simply just included additively to physical and elemental calculation.
Last edited by Randomzx on Dec 19, 2013, 3:56:45 PM
"
Randomzx wrote:

No, the lightning damage IS boosted by the gem thanks to conversion mechanics. This gem is only weak for elemental damage if you don't have massive physical damage for the conversion to work on.

Like from the site:

"

The Lightning Damage

There is 25 Lightning Damage that was converted from Physical. This damage is affected by all Lightning and Physical Damage modifiers:

80 + 30 = 110% increased damage
30% more damage
70% more damage

25 * (1 + 0.8 + 0.3) * 1.3 * 1.7 = 116.0 Lightning Damage

then 30% more physical damage is listed as from a support gem, and as you can see it does NOT ignored from the converted damage calculation.
Go test it out if you don't believe me.

You should seriously go reread the mechanics of POE.

Also, projectile damage nodes are NOT 'applied to the final projectile dmg', they are simply just included additively to physical and elemental calculation.

Do you have some personal issues? Really, you could have expressed that in a less offensive way as well. But whatever.

1st) If you tested it, there is no reason not to believe you. Then the gem principally works, but that doesn't change anything because none of the other gems is redundant or particularly weak. Only if you noted a high dps increase, you could try to use it instead of chain. But I believe chain is very strong.

2nd) This was from another source which I have linked in the original thread. And it is basically the same in meaning as you try to say.

http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Dec 19, 2013, 6:46:31 PM
"
Dan1986 wrote:

Do you have some personal issues? Really, you could have expressed that in a less offensive way as well. But whatever.

1st) If you tested it, there is no reason not to believe you. Then the gem principally works, but that doesn't change anything because none of the other gems is redundant or particularly weak. Only if you noted a high dps increase, you could try to use it instead of chain. But I believe chain is very strong.

2nd) This was from another source which I have linked in the original thread. And it is basically the same in meaning as you try to say.

No I don't any personal issues, I didn't even try to attack you. All I stated was what the actual mechanics was (nor did I suggest that the chain gem be replaced, if you do want to use the gem weapon elemental damage gem could be replaced with the physical projectile attack damage gem if you want a lower mana cost at a slightly less dps), and suggested that you reread topics on mechanics.
Last edited by Randomzx on Dec 19, 2013, 9:53:37 PM
I really like the concept of this build and the use of Vaal pact. I learned something about how conversion works and that my current lightning arrow build is inefficient.

Just one thing before I try yours out, I am skeptical about critical strikes, I don't know if it's been changed recently but from what I remember it was fairly weak, all being multipliers of a base 5%. I don't know how they all stack up in the end but I'd like to ask what your critical strike chance is on a final build?

Also I am currently using Blood Magic gems instead of the keystone, but I'm not sure how keeping auras up is with Mana Leech etc. Could you give me some advice here? Such as if I could simply replace the Mana Leech gem for a Blood Magic gem.
"

hey,
if you go for voltaxic then you can spec out vaal pact. Voltaxic is the safest way. Any other way work good but requires you nerf your dps a lot.

cheers,
sara

Hi, i follow your guide and its very good. I´m very tanky now but lack of dps...Can anyone help me how i get more dps?

(its my first char and i have only few orbs to buy anything :( )
Have anyone advice for me?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info