Is Infernal Blow + Melee Splash better than Ground Slam?

Would IF work good as a dual strike user to? Or does it work better with a 2h in your opinion? I'm testing a dual strike atm
The block is pretty good from dual right?
i think ive found a bug with ib and splash that vaal gems aren't counting the kills from or feel like im getting the rite drop rates
The Coward's Trial and Infernal blow + melee splash will give you an explosion of fun
"
tachiKC wrote:
I used to run a good ol' Ground Slam build back before beta ended, but now that I've come back with the release of 1.0 I am seeing a lot of people saying that Infernal Blow + Melee Splash is a better combo to use over Ground Slam now. Is this true? And if so why?

IB+MS is 2 gems.
GS is 1 gem.
Of course 2 gems are better than one.

If you incorporate this into a 6L setup, GS has the advantage that it can use 5 support gems.
IB+MS can only be supported by 4 gems.

(And IB without Splash sucks, the AoE explosion of IB alone does not really kill the whole screen)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
ground slam is far more safer build, mainly because it is ranged and because you can keep enemies stunned. For HC / Invasion i would suggest ground slam.
it also, in a sense, scales with difficulty.

blue mob ? more life - bigger explosions.

but if you are using GS, then it's going to take longer.

i think this is IBs best feature.

then when the boss shows up, switch to heavy strike.

Never been impressed by IB at all.

"50% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage"
Hate that part.
Less life leech, half my damage vanishes in the monster resists.
It also adds another map affix to the "annoying - unplayable" pool:
"Monsters have 75% fire resist".

"Explosion deals Base Fire Damage equal to 25% of the corpse's maximum Life"
This 25% number is actually pretty shitty, and again it is "fire damage".
The main amount of AoE in IB+MS comes from "MS", you don't need IB for that.

Other than the cool-looking effect of massive explosions, I think this skill is highly overrated. Facebreakers use it because they pretty much can't use anything else.
But with any other weapon I'd never even consider this skill.
I've been playing groundslam for some 45 levels now, but it is boring and annoying as hell to play (aim the awkward beam in the right direction).

I'm not very known with the marauder (or melee), what other skills are strong for a two-hander? Or what cool possibilities are there to make infernal blow or heavy strike more interesting (next to boring melee splash multistrike).

Maybe a possibility to enhance the fire damage of infernal blow?
IGN Mengoll
IGN Stoephoer
"
HerrFlickk wrote:

Maybe a possibility to enhance the fire damage of infernal blow?

There's a ton of Fire damage nodes in the passive tree, and there's a lot of gear with %fire damage.

Go ahead and try, but it will not change the overall playstyle.

Animations still look the same, no matter if you do 30:70, 50:50 or 70:30 physical:fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info