Is Infernal Blow + Melee Splash better than Ground Slam?

I used to run a good ol' Ground Slam build back before beta ended, but now that I've come back with the release of 1.0 I am seeing a lot of people saying that Infernal Blow + Melee Splash is a better combo to use over Ground Slam now. Is this true? And if so why?
Infernal blow+melee splash is better. If you have to ask then you have not tried it yet. ;) It has INSANE aoe damage due to the fact that it detonates any enemy that dies (including those hit by the splash) and this effect can be further even more by adding some aoe boosters to the mix. The most famous build to utilize this potent combo is the "Face Breaker" build which got a huge nerf on release but it, even now, still very strong, but infernal blow works very well in two handed builds as well. (which got seriously buffed on release...)
Most important: It is way more fun than ground slam. Just hilaroius seing the whole room explode. :-D Link it with elemental weapon damage and melee physical damage and you have insane damage, too. (and life leech for survivability).
Try this

It's the new facebreaker for IB
I was loving mine, but he RIP'd to a desync at like 48 x.x
Thanks for the replies. One question regarding reflect monsters later on. How does this fair against them?
just need to watch out for ele reflect dude
IGN=binjai
Why choose between both?!

I am currently using: ground slam+ melee damage + life leech+ cast on melee kill + detonate dead

with the amplify templar node and a decent 2h Maul it literally stun locks half the screen and then explodes in 3/4 of the screen.... A hell of fun, with aoe+aoe! ;)

Can not wait till the day I get my hands on a 5/6l Marohi...

Hit them once to let them know I am here,
hit them twice to blast them to hell!
Last edited by Lordpharazon on Nov 4, 2013, 10:48:49 AM
Hi

I added incr aoe gem also to melee splash and infernal blow, it affects the melee splash aoe and the explosion aoe, 2 for 1= win win. Hitting enemies so far away now with the aoe its hilarious.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
I have used both with a caveat i am not in maps yet. My experience has been, as long as you can tank the hits, infernal is better. While soloing it doesn't seem to matter as much because monsters will be all over you as a GS build anyway if you cooop a lot a GS build with aoe radius nodes is much like a ranged build so you have buffer

But, infernal with splash will basically blow up the entire screen after you drop just 1 monster.. its insanely efficient

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info