[Open] so what about scaling HP to solve 1-2 hit combat?

Can you link said flicker witch's build?

Is it a crit build?

Crit builds should be able to completely bypass any amount of armour.

Just a thought.

Again, need more info on what's going on.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 14, 2012, 11:29:53 PM
That witches flicker build, Corynn btw, against my witch with 9k ES can hit me for about 6k. Now, I just tend to use enfeeble against him and I'm fine.

However the fact that Epsi can be one shot with his amount.of.DR and HP, but I only take 6k seems broken to me.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
Can you link said flicker witch's build?

Is it a crit build?

Crit builds should be able to completely bypass any amount of armour.

Just a thought.

Again, need more info on what's going on.

Yes, its kind of like 'Esco's, cept more specialized. Its a much HIGHER single target damage load, rather then 'Esco's, which is less so. His main survival technique is to just whirl around with impunity until flicker is back up.

He doesn't beat me, often, but still, it points to a rather large and gaping hole of meta exploitation, in which, most pvp weapon builds will be phys, and not ele based, unless the situation with armor is rectified.
"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
anubite wrote:
There is PVP damage scaling. Go check out the mechanics thread. There's a formula for it. I don't think we need any more "free defenses" for players in PVP, as then they'll just become a tank fest.

If you're being 1-2 hit in PVP, then there's a severe gear/level difference or your build just plain sucks. Or it just sucks for PVP. Or it's being countered.

Without more specific information on your bulid and the match-up that's OHKOing you, it's hard to say.

"
anubite wrote:
If you're being 1-2 hit in PVP, then there's a severe gear/level difference or your build just plain sucks. Or it just sucks for PVP. Or it's being countered.

Without more specific information on your bulid and the match-up that's OHKOing you, it's hard to say.

"
anubite wrote:

"
anubite wrote:
or your build just plain sucks.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. You simply aren't thinking when you reply. Also, that's the point of the thread. There is something WRONG with how the mechanics are interacting, meaning defensive measures besides HP/ES just aren't effective. You can't come in here, knowing generally nothing other then whats in the thread, and start throwing stuff like "You're build sucks" around. It just makes you look ignorant.

Instead, attempt to assume that people here are not bitching for no reason. Just because it isn't lvl 28 pvp, doesn't mean it shouldn't be balanced, discussed, or thought upon. Open pvp, arguably, needs the MOST attention.

I am against the wholesale nerfing of something because somebody screamed, "Build X beat build Y! Something is broken!" That statement is not necessarily the case and that kind of reactionary behavior has ruined so many other games, you're going to have to forgive me if I make harsh, hasty statements refuting people that don't have concrete numbers to show.

I do agree that defenses and critical strikes are in a bad place, I've similar threads on these issues, but I'd rather not see something be nerfed because somebody got owned in PVP. The PVP system is supposed to be counter-based, so by that nature, some builds, no matter how awesome, will be countered thoroughly. If they aren't, then the system probably isn't working as it should. No single build should be "unbeatable" no matter how good the gear you're wearing is.

In your case, I do agree your defenses should afford more protection than they are in the situation you described.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Nov 17, 2012, 9:37:48 PM
Physical damage crit builds are OP right now, there is definitely a problem with it and that is what should be rectified not increase hp/es

However I cannot think of how to correct this without hurting other builds.

Do you nerf physical damage? but then what about the non-crit physical dmg builds?
Do you nerf crit builds? but then what about non-physical crit builds?
So nerf critical-physical builds? that implies that physical builds with crit are OP... which is probably the case tbh but I don't see that happening because to many people would cry over it.

the only other idea I could think of is to apply damage reduction from armour before crit multiplier however this barely stops them from 1 shoting builds without armour.
IGN --- Grizdale
Last edited by Grizdale on Nov 18, 2012, 4:03:02 PM
"
Grizdale wrote:
Physical damage crit builds are OP right now, there is definitely a problem with it and that is what should be rectified not increase hp/es

However I cannot think of how to correct this without hurting other builds.

Do you nerf physical damage? but then what about the non-crit physical dmg builds?
Do you nerf crit builds? but then what about non-physical crit builds?
So nerf critical-physical builds? that implies that physical builds with crit are OP... which is probably the case tbh but I don't see that happening because to many people would cry over it.

the only other idea I could think of is to apply damage reduction from armour before crit multiplier however this barely stops them from 1 shoting builds without armour.

If an fp witch crits you and you have no cold resist, wouldn't you expect to be 1-shot?
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
1vs1 rounds indeed last too short, if all damage penalty is in effect and it's still over too quick penalize it more.

Bonus damage from critical should be halved too, currently, it's scaled for battling monsters that often have gargantuan amounts of hp, too strong for pvp and only mara has nodes that reduce it.

The other thing is giving EVA players some means of avoiding traps and reflected damage, armor offers at least some protection against bear trap, evasion should roll on trap activation also. The same goes for reflected damage, in low level pvp it's relatively easy to build a char with over 100 reflected physical damage that allows you to beat most evasion melees almost without lifting a finger, got one such char.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
1vs1 rounds indeed last too short, if all damage penalty is in effect and it's still over too quick penalize it more.

Bonus damage from critical should be halved too, currently, it's scaled for battling monsters that often have gargantuan amounts of hp, too strong for pvp and only mara has nodes that reduce it.

The other thing is giving EVA players some means of avoiding traps and reflected damage, armor offers at least some protection against bear trap, evasion should roll on trap activation also. The same goes for reflected damage, in low level pvp it's relatively easy to build a char with over 100 reflected physical damage that allows you to beat most evasion melees almost without lifting a finger, got one such char.

I've been in favor of giving armor a secondary ability, likened to the crit chance on evasion.

Armor has the ability to flat resist a certain % of a crit multiplier. Thoughts?
As long as the crit reduction only affects phys, I'm fine with it.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
As long as the crit reduction only affects phys, I'm fine with it.

Considering that phys damage is completely unresistable if it crits for a high enough number, I think only phys needs it specifically. Though I do think pen gems may get some further balancing, but that's another issue entirely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info