(Nov 14) One-week Turbo Hardcore Race

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

The event will run from noon New Zealand time on Wednesday (November 14 2012). This is 3pm Tuesday, Pacific time. Here is a link for more time zone conversions. It will run until the same time one week later. This league is hardcore.

This league has the Turbo property set - monsters move, attack and cast 60% faster than normal. We're running the event to test how this mode affects end-game map difficulty. That's why the currency prizes only start occurring for level 60+ characters. It may not be the most profitable event to participate in, but will give us very valuable data.

There will be a patch soon that prevents the "experience boosting" that some players have used in leagues like this in the past. Partying will be allowed in this league.

The top ten players will receive a Demigod's Presence (Unique Amulet).

The top players will also receive microtransaction credit for use in our cosmetic shop. This credit will last forever, so you can spend it in Open Beta when we have more things for you to purchase!

• #1: 500 Points (valued at $50)
  • #2: 400 Points (valued at $40)
  • #3: 300 Points (valued at $30)
  • #4-5: 200 Points (valued at $20)
  • #6-10: 100 Points (valued at $10)
  • #11-20: 50 Points (valued at $5)

For the following prizes, we will examine only the highest level character on each account that is still alive at the end of the race. The list of random currency items that will be awarded is here.

All characters over level 78 will receive 360 random currency items.
All characters over level 75 will receive 240 random currency items.
All characters over level 70 will receive 120 random currency items.
All characters over level 60 will receive 60 random currency items.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
7am in Singapore... On a weekday... Which means I can only start playing 12 hours after it starts...

Then again, I can avoid the spam of who does what first and the feeling of inadequacy that comes with it. 1 Week, means slow and steady play... Sounds good. Here's hoping I can actually stay alive long enough to have a shot at the Demigod.
"
Chris wrote:

Not sure if serious
This should be really, really interesting. I'm already nervous thinking about a turbo Maze map level 70 Vaal...

Maybe I won't die at the end like I did in the one-month race =(
IGN: Truncator
I already see myself dieing in the last hour ;). It's so ultra cool that you organize events like that. appreciate it so much that I can't really find any words that would be thankful enough.
Post stats on which uniques got the most player kills at the end of the event, will you?

I sense carnage incoming.
IGN: KoTao
A solo race run in parallel would be nice too.

Something for those of us without a heap of ingame friends, (to leech off), to compete in.

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
damn.... I want to play so badly in it.. but having never passed act 1 in the 3 hour races makes it seem like a bad idea.

I will probably end up playing in it.. I am scared though since just normal hardcore owns me.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Nov 12, 2012, 2:31:54 AM
Stop trying to tempt me, its super effective! (Is party enabled?)
"
Chris wrote:

There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.
Last edited by bloodstainedcrown on Nov 12, 2012, 5:14:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info