Today's Updates and some Media Coverage

"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
chris cna we have a dtraight answer on xp past the mid 80s in this game? Half a year mow Ive been milling around mfing waiting for you to fix this? Now Im losing xp every day to disconnects, freezes and crashes, while I still cant get any fucking xp from the areas I have access to...

Were you just taking the piss when you said you were making changes so we could level outside of maps? Were you just telling us what we wanted to hear while having absolutely no intention of making any real changes? Cause thats what it feels like mate, it feels like youre just mugging us off, Id like a straight answer so I can either keep waiting for something thats coming or just quit playing, over 6 fucking months now waiting for this, is it ever going to happen? If you have any respec for us and our time you will just give us a straight bloody answer.

Since you are in just about every thread and you're getting ruder and ruder, I hope he ignores you forever.

tough shit, I dont need him to respond to me, I need him to fix the bloody game. They intentionally designed the game so you have to use high lvl maps to get xp while telling us the reason we cant sustain maps is because we are not meant to use them to get xp. Weve been constantly told theres a fix coming and we keep getting mugged off, thats no more rude than what Im doing. Expect me in a lot of threads bro, deal with it.
"
MisterK wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Kizo wrote:
The Dominus entrance hotfix has made things much worse for me. I used to have a roughly 50% chance to crash to login when I entered the Dominus fight for the first time. Just now, I couldn't enter the fight through the door whatsoever; I crashed three times. I was able to join a party and enter a portal to get into (and complete) the fight, but entering the door is now worse.

Thanks for addressing it in general, though. I appreciate all you're doing.

When you say crash, do you mean disconnect? To us, a crash is when the Path of Exile executable closes and you have to run it again. If it's a disconnection (booted off the server) then that matches we expect the problem to cause. Thanks for the feedback btw - I hope more people can confirm for or against.

Chris, I'm having random "Loading screen" freezes. This happened before this Patch, as well as after. I thought this patch will fix it, but it didn't.
What's happening when I click on a new area: It seems that I'm entering the new area, because the Loading screen appears, but it freezes like this, with the sound from the same instance and no loading.
I need to close the game and reopen it, because nothing else works. I've waited for at least 10 minutes.

Am I the only one with this? Because I've asked others and a couple said it's happening to them as well.

Any thoughts?

I had the loading screen issue as well. What happened for me is that a sound effect file could not load. It belonged to the Necro although obviously that's just my case. When entering areas containing necro monsters, the freeze happened. I tried to run the pack check but no luck. The pack check also froze when trying to fix the Necro sound file! lol Eventually I tried the patented "download a new copy of your whole Content file" solution, which seems to fix the issue while eating up a lot of bandwidth and making your IP angry! :D

edit: overall the game is AMAZING. Thank you, GGG! Just thought i should mention it. And runs incredibly smooth judging by the conditions. The Dominus fight was ok for me but very sluggish compared to the rest of the game. I did it solo. But, I will face him again today. My only fear is that Dominus will one day yell "A touch of desync!!!"
On that note, desync is okish now... for me.
Exile is an illusion, exile!
Last edited by FusionCoreDance on Oct 29, 2013, 4:01:25 PM
damn, looking good POE!

so busy now, gotta try and squeeze some time in to mingle with the exiles again!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Hello. So the new patch actually made it worse for me, kinda. I was actually able to finish it today after about 4 days of trying. Before the patch i got mainly disconnects, usually they happend after finishing one of his forms. Now after the patch i get mostly crashes. They seems to most commonly happen when i die. The 2 crashes i got today. One happened after i died the first time when his Ascended for was at about 15% maybe less. Then immediately after I rushed back to him it crashed the second i joined his area. It seems to crash a lot more if i'm in a party.

Also getting disconnects after dying in areas such as mud flats. What happens is I get hit, then entire game freezes(me or no mobs are moving), after 5+ seconds everytime syncs back and i'm dead. Then the loading screen comes up and it never goes away. It usually disconnects after a while, never crashes. Or I have to alt+tab out and close i manually.

Look forward to seeing a fix like this. Seems like a massive turn off to new players if they can't get past cruel dominus. Oh and something else, I had 0 problems in Normal. Problems only happened in cruel so far.
IGN: YOLOSWAGFORBUDDAH, KarateJesus, MakeItRizane
Still lots of DC where you Loose items and maps found / started.
Really bad that this can be fixed correctly !!!
"
Katsibrokos wrote:
crossing fingers for a desync fix...
btw, any info about it? imo, desync is the only drawback in this game.

Why do people continually... nonchalantly say..any info about it? Don't people think that once they figure out how to lessen the biggest, vulgar, shit-stain on the game that they will come out with a HUGE BOLDED RELEASE NOTE?

No they don't have any info. They need to learn to fix these other minor/major stability issues before they can tackle that monster.
I found a new bug in the character progression.

It's called "devourer".

You cannot be serious with those things, right? I'm playing PoE for severall months now. I started before a lot of the life buffs, I've seen my share of crazy shit in PoE. I know You do insane things like Piety and Dominus (You know, simply ridiculous mobs that kill You like 30 times ntil you see them the first time), and I am fine with these bossfights, You level, do them once, and move on in standard.

To be clear: 4k life, 13k Armor, and I have been doing maps solo for 2 months now.

Buit today I got killed by those damn devourers for a total of 7 times. Without warning, either oneshot by a group or by a single rare, hitting me from below for more than said amount of damage. I tried running away, but still got hit. ONCE. And died. In a level 67 map. And it wasn't even the boss.

I am never going to be able to get another level on ANY of my characters if that stays as it is. I don't know how other people do it (solo), but I am lost right now. And angry.

Last edited by t_golgari on Oct 29, 2013, 6:15:43 PM
the Dominus fight is now fixed. i haven't gotten disconnected. keep up the good work GGG
Indeed, JeuxVideo.com is like the most famous website :) I think a bunch of new French players are gonna come, stampeed style :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info