Today's Updates and some Media Coverage

We also deployed a tiny experimental hotfix to the Dominus fight. Many players were disconnecting when entering the area or killing Dominus. I'm very interested to see if you encounter this problem now that we've deployed our fix. Please post in this thread if you had that problem and have feedback about whether it's better now for you.

We're working on a 1.0.0e patch that contains quite a few more fixes. I am expecting it to be ready roughly tomorrow. 1.0.1 is well underway and contains new Unique items, a new Support Gem, microtransaction effects, at least one new achievement and features required for Race Season Five and PvP Tournament Season One. At this stage it is a couple of weeks away from being tested and deployed. We're expecting Race Season Five (and the PvP Season) to start on roughly November 16, so it should be deployed at least several days before then.

GameSpot released an Ask GameSpot video about Path of Exile. Erick Tay from GameSpot is a massive PoE fan and a member of our community. He's probably reading this news post :)

I was on a livestream with Massively earlier today. The sound quality of my skype connection makes it literally impossible to hear what I'm saying, but it gets a little better towards the second half. It's mostly aimed towards new users but I'm posting it here in case you're super keen.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Sweet

edit. I hope its a mtx that many of us have been waiting for.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Oct 29, 2013, 1:12:56 AM
Nice
IGN: Aux
Why did you do a stream with such an unknown streamer in the PoE community?
The Dominus entrance hotfix has made things much worse for me. I used to have a roughly 50% chance to crash to login when I entered the Dominus fight for the first time. Just now, I couldn't enter the fight through the door whatsoever; I crashed three times. I was able to join a party and enter a portal to get into (and complete) the fight, but entering the door is now worse.

Thanks for addressing it in general, though. I appreciate all you're doing.
"
mgriff wrote:

It's a large journalism site with a lot of viewers. The purpose of stream interviews like this is to introduce new players to the game.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Kizo wrote:
The Dominus entrance hotfix has made things much worse for me. I used to have a roughly 50% chance to crash to login when I entered the Dominus fight for the first time. Just now, I couldn't enter the fight through the door whatsoever; I crashed three times. I was able to join a party and enter a portal to get into (and complete) the fight, but entering the door is now worse.

Thanks for addressing it in general, though. I appreciate all you're doing.

When you say crash, do you mean disconnect? To us, a crash is when the Path of Exile executable closes and you have to run it again. If it's a disconnection (booted off the server) then that matches we expect the problem to cause. Thanks for the feedback btw - I hope more people can confirm for or against.
"
Chris wrote:
"
mgriff wrote:

It's a large journalism site with a lot of viewers. The purpose of stream interviews like this is to introduce new players to the game.

Ahh makes sense i was like whos this when i was watching. Would you ever do an interview with a more well known streamer in our community, like ziggyd?
You guys are amazing, more content already..absolutely amazing. Cant wait :) Keep up all the great work
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I would say before the hotfix that I was crashing while entering the Dominus zone, now it loads but stutters at certain points during the match. That was on Act 1 Normal, I should be fighting him again sometime tomorrow, I'm in act 3 cruel so I shall edit and post more feedback about the results.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info