PvP Feedback

For those who are frustrated by the lack of organized play (especially touranments) in PvP, check out my thread in the Racing Feedback forum: Races and PvP should take a page from Magic the Gathering: Online. Although it's mostly about racing, a lot of PvP suggestions are made.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
You have some good points there.
While there aren't many, can we have the PVP rules posted somewhere. I haven't thought about PVP since it was introduced and was thinking about making a twink fighter. Besides the obvious of the level I couldn't remember if it was that and not entering cruel or was that changed to act 3 or what. I searched for a while and found nothing clear on the issue.

I think having stuff like that listed like when lvl 28 pvp begins/ends and when merciless begins should be really easy to find.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
1)
Add a "Surrender"-Button please...

It is a chore fighting ppl that you either can´t beat in a million years or that you kill by just looking at them. Log out works for that, sure, but in lvl28 PvP a lot of new players join, unknowingly of what they are about to get into. And as they don´t know that they can log out they either start running away or just go afk.
I mean, yes sure, the Log Out does that, but why not have a simple button? And now if you say that you could click that by accident, then add one in the esc-menu. Just gray it out if you are not in the arena and enable it while you are in the arena.
Why the complex way with log-out if it could be that easy?

2)
Make the pvp-queue-list dynamic please...

What I mean by that? If you join the queue for 3v3 and then click "Join PvP" again, it will show you the ppl in the queue at the moment you clicked "Join PvP" and not the exact number how many ppl there are in the queue... so if you click, then see that 5 ppl are in queue and you whisper a friend to come and join while 2 ppl leave the queue at the same time you will still see 5 ppl in queue and not 3, how it should be. So your friend comes and he sees 3 ppl in queue, so he joins, you expect the match to start and then... nothing happens. Just make it dynamic. Change the number when ppl join or leave the queue.

Thanks in advance.

regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on May 21, 2013, 6:49:59 AM
Here are some of my impressions about the latest CT event that took today.

1-)

High leveled players camp the low level areas, killing those less unfortunate or joined the race a bit late. There should be a level restriction for all areas. Level 11 people should not be able to enter terraces. I would suggest +-3 level (If you are level 11, you can enter coves but you can't enter ledge, you must be maximum level 10 to enter a level 7 area. This should balance some things out.

2-)

Witches seem to be very overpowered at the moment because of freeze effects. Every slow/disable effects must have a diminishing return ( If they have already, I did not recognize it due to constant slow)

3-)

Damage output is very high at the moment. People are dying in one shot.

4-)

I would suggest making log out times 8 seconds as well as portal leaving and instance leaving period 8 seconds. Portal opening and waiting for 5 seconds do not mean anything; people just run in circles if enemy has no freeze or slow effect then enter the portal.
IGN: DrThrum
ideas to improve level 28 pvp

-zoom out
- larger map or open safe/trade/duel area (like bloodmoore) let people feel free and conveniently accessible
- lower base block on shields, anything above 30 FREE block is just stupid.
- Lower facebreaker damage, any standard of facebreaker is effective and borderline overpowered.
- lower the weapon elemental damage mod on items (eg, max is 30 at the moment, for items that have a requirement of 28, change it to 20)
- lower wake of destruction boot damage, 1-80 seems fair)
- buff clarity in arena
- buff early spell damage in arena
- improve every animation so it feels fluid, at the moment if feels asif you need to stop moving and squat for a while before doing anything

not much can be done besides general
"
exmse wrote:
ideas to improve level 28 pvp

-zoom out
- larger map or open safe/trade/duel area (like bloodmoore) let people feel free and conveniently accessible
- lower base block on shields, anything above 30 FREE block is just stupid.
- Lower facebreaker damage, any standard of facebreaker is effective and borderline overpowered.
- lower the weapon elemental damage mod on items (eg, max is 30 at the moment, for items that have a requirement of 28, change it to 20)
- lower wake of destruction boot damage, 1-80 seems fair)
- buff clarity in arena
- buff early spell damage in arena
- improve every animation so it feels fluid, at the moment if feels asif you need to stop moving and squat for a while before doing anything

not much can be done besides general

I do agree with most of these, although if they lowered the shield block rate they should also nerf the block chance reduction while using a sword even after the adjustment to multiplicative values. Clarity would make lower lvl arena alot more fun if it was better. I dont really agree with nerfing wakes...they dont have any movement speed increase which really really hurts them. SPELL DAMAGE NEEDS BUFFED or atleast buff spell penetration. I still dont think facebreakers are that op when u go against insane Righteous fire builds, glacial hammer, dual ungil gauche ele duelist, or Elemental double strike shield pene builds. facebreakers in 3v3s have a REALLY hard time too.

The best way to make pvp better imo is just add some more skills and uniques and modes. Make it so even powerhouses dont have the utility to compete with some of the other classes in Objective modes. I think spell casters need some more love with uniques that are lower lvl. Searing staff is 2 handed and really hurts survivability, as doedres gloves by slowing down the kiting attack/move animation. SPellcasters really dont have many items going for them but can be built insanely if u get good rares, which is just really really hard.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
majority of those builds you just listed, i wouldn't even consider viable. Sure you can build literally anything well, and still be generally good, but there arent enough possible, viable builds that are as versatile as what i would consider a tier one build.
"
myr wrote:
i like the idea of some sort of pvp ranking system maybe have some way to make like guild symbols or something. hey maybe you can win ways to customise your items

I agree. A type of ladder for PVP should be implemented. It would be nice to earn prizes depending on win ratios or something!?
Top tier merciless PVP builds
1. Any Low life shavvrones RF Builds
2. Any Block Builds who use EK
3. Melee Tank builds who use Endurances charges(5+)
4. Anything else?
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info