Frostbite

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

GEMS COMING SOON
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2020, 12:09:57 PM
i have just one question

why the hell has templar flamability and conductivity as a reward for normal baleful gem quest but no frostbite?

some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
Cold damage is Dex territory (and as such, Frostbite is part Dex); being faster than your foe. Fire is Strength, Lightning is Int.
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Can someone post the quality version of the gem ? Thanks.

edit:

Unavailable
Last edited by dzordzo on Nov 25, 2012, 5:08:30 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I use Ice Shot and Wrath with high physical damage on my level 68 bow ranger.
It's quite nice for rare mobs with capped cold resistance, especially if you don't have an extra link for Cold Penetration support gem, but otherwise I don't find it to be worth using.
In-Game-Name: Lezli
Why frostbite have so high dex requirement , is it normal frost witches to invest in dex notes or gear if they want to use this skill ?

Thank you for the great game !
Cold is inherently Dexterity's element; being faster than you foe is easier when your foe is slower. Similarly, Fire is Strength (more damage) and Lightning is Int (strike smarter; stack Shock).

If you want to use Frostbite, you're going to need Dex, yes :P There's a couple large Dex nodes in the Witch's area, and you can get a bunch of stats from gear. Onyx Amulets (inherent +All Attributes) are usually my go-to, simply because I always end up with Str, Dex and Int requirements.
when cursed, i've seen some enemie's description changing from "has elemental resistance" to "vulnerable to cold damage".

if the enemy had "cold resistance" before it doesn't change when the monster got cursed with frostbite.
problem: in both cases the monster has the "frostbite cursed" halo over his head which implies it is cursed.

my impression is that there is a bug that if the description doesn't change, the monster isn't cursed although it has the cursed halo over his head. can't prove it though as there are no damage numbers.
Last edited by cronus on Mar 22, 2014, 9:25:19 PM
Did Frostbite get nerfed?
Mine takes away 20% of enemy cold res at level 1, but the wiki says it should take 30%, to be stronger than Elemental Weakness, which lowers all 3 resists by 20% at level 1.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info