WytchfinderGeneral: CI ele cleave guide ,250k tooltip dps(outdated)

Thanks for the reply!

Man this build is tough, getting enough life and ES is hard just started cruel with 354 life and 248 shield, 800 dps with 3L wep ele and conc. It melts stuff fast enough just gotta be so careful, the ES gear thats starting to drop is looking good but its so hard to replace the gear that has the necessary int and str requirements to run the gems and gear. It should even out in a few levels because of the int nodes but it was hard at the start not being able to use ES armour.

Did you experience this major lack of survivability when you were leveling?

How about +1 frenzy charge instead of skill point? Because of bloodrage etc. probly a stupid question considering you would of included it if it was worth it.

Awesome build, i have another char i can mule off but still i'll have alot of farming to do.
In-game name: herosixty - frogkitten - laland
Last edited by frogkitten on Apr 13, 2013, 11:52:11 AM
nice build, i`ll give it a try
Just an update on my progress thus far.

Here is the build im using at level 64 https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAW8EBwW1DPIQexEvFVAV1xnXGmwc3B8CIcApTysKLKYsvy0fNAo2PTbFN2Y3gzrYO-E8jkcGTLNN2FZjV8lfam0ZbWx-WX_GgW-ESIauh9uIa4t6jHaP-pMnk_yZmp2unjyio6XLpuunCKcrrs-zDrTFtUi297iTvjrBAMHFwfPC7MNt14bYJNsa2-fi9-Qi6rrrY-uO6-7sGOw49Uv_kw==

i have 5.5k ES taken all the ES nodes using average gear. 125 helm, 125 boot , 600 chest no es gloves or belt. This gear is cheap to buy, i am using a 4 link cleave on boots. all this gear was 2-3 chaos a piece (expensive imo).

This is enough survivability for me, you will have to play careful however. Main problem is the lack of dps, with wrath (cant run anger because of mana, probly can because of mana leech however) i have 2.7k without blood rage frenzy charges which bumps it to around 3.5k.

Normal wasnt too bad dps is ok survivability bad.

Cruel you can get some better gear dps i pretty good and survivability is good because of being able to buy good ES gear for cheap, i took CI at act 2 cruel and had 1.5k ES which is decent, i took it because the acces to the 20% ES node was greater then the hp i lost.

Merciless dps bad survivability dependent on your gear which can be bought for 8 chaos total for what i bought, i didnt get gloves or belt as i needed the +str and +dex from them, not to mention the 20% attack speed on gloves at full life which is quite nice.

Your dps will be lacking because you cant take the Crit nodes until you have the good ES gear, at level 75 with all the es nodes i will be able to take 11 crit nodes which sohuld bump dps up a bit, however getting the accuracy is hard, i have 75% chance to hit!! That is terrible and reduces dps alot even crit nodes won't make up for that i predict until i get accuracy on gear.

I reccomend taking CI at Act 2 cruel in combination with purchasing ES gear, even if you cant buy ES gear take it anyway and use groups because as i see it you have no life nodes so why not take CI and grab the es nodes next to it.

Cleave 3L can be managed with 2 mana pots quite easily maybe even 1, mana leech pretty much negates the need for mana pots, i reccomend getting a 4L ASAP and ditching the pots and grabbing Granite flasks as you will have no armour and these help ammensily. So 3 Granite 2 quicksilver, dispel frozen is a must! Always keep a charge handy. dispel burning not as neccasary but get one anyway. Increased Armour on granite is obviously ideal aswell as the adrenaline flask for speeding past mobs.

With concentrated affect on cleave it reduces your aoe quite a bit which can be annoying, If you have high dps i reccomend taking of conc affect so you can hit more mobs while still 1-2 shotting.

Arcing Blows is great for dps at the start but you will feel the lack of dps from not having catalyse so conc may be neccesary if anything switch the gem at bosses where aoe isnt neccesary, maybe lightning penetration although at low levels i think added chaos dmg would be better because of scaling.

For merciless i simply can not survive and do damage so i used groups to farm fellshrine and docks. Don't be complacent with bad groups who have bad killspeed(ironic because you'll be leeching unless you do good dmg)shop around and find a good group who understands farming xp.

I found a low level rapier with 30% elemental dmg on it, look out for these as they are far better then 1-50 lightning etc. and will only get replaced when you find a good attack speed weapon.

Decoy totem is pro use it, remember to use ele weakness or enfeeble curse aswell i forgot to.

Main Points:

If your failing, use http://poe.xyz.is/ and get your self some gear it saves alot of time having nice stuff. Use groups if you need to wait for level requirements.

You can kite with Cleave if the monsters are tough, cleave outranges monsters melee attacks. This is strong in conjuction with temporal chains.

You can buy HIGH ES chests for cheap without links and just use 4L boots or Helm.

Use Granites!!!!

I speced ghost reaver early, don't, you barely leech anything with bad dmg.

You can spec CI early, just calculate your hp loss and increase in energy shield from the nodes next to CI, REMEMBER you can use BLOOD RAGE then which is pretty cool.

Lightning DMG is prioritzed because we take that Lightning dmg increase node plus wrath.

Use whirling blades to get past packs of monsters, you can get chain stunned or freezed when trying to run past shit.

This character will generally be weak at the start, dont bang your head against a brick wall, join some groups, remember if the group is disorganized or bad join another one, also stay away from overleveled players as they will steal xp.

Sorry for the noob vomit of a post, just my thoughts and experience while leveling this character.

These 3 items are very good for this build.

Only now after leveling do i understand that this is a build for ENDGAME play. Utilizing the effectiveness of cleave and ELE damage with Crit. This can be dont with shadow because of access to crit nodes and ES nodes and ele nodes. Theoretically it could be done with templar but you have no ES nodes.

On further testing i can run anger wrath and discipline with 33 mana and mana leech lol. You can not run curses however.

VictorDoom do you think this build was greatly affected by diamond flasks, im guessing you took out the crit chance and only used multiplier in closed beta?

I'm wondering where your dps comes from i am using these weapons

Last edited by frogkitten on Apr 18, 2013, 4:56:44 AM
"
frogkitten wrote:
Just an update on my progress thus far.

Here is the build im using at level 64 https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAW8EBwW1DPIQexEvFVAV1xnXGmwc3B8CIcApTysKLKYsvy0fNAo2PTbFN2Y3gzrYO-E8jkcGTLNN2FZjV8lfam0ZbWx-WX_GgW-ESIauh9uIa4t6jHaP-pMnk_yZmp2unjyio6XLpuunCKcrrs-zDrTFtUi297iTvjrBAMHFwfPC7MNt14bYJNsa2-fi9-Qi6rrrY-uO6-7sGOw49Uv_kw==

i have 5.5k ES taken all the ES nodes using average gear. 125 helm, 125 boot , 600 chest no es gloves or belt. This gear is cheap to buy, i am using a 4 link cleave on boots. all this gear was 2-3 chaos a piece (expensive imo).

This is enough survivability for me, you will have to play careful however. Main problem is the lack of dps, with wrath (cant run anger because of mana, probly can because of mana leech however) i have 2.7k without blood rage frenzy charges which bumps it to around 3.5k.

Normal wasnt too bad dps is ok survivability bad.

Cruel you can get some better gear dps i pretty good and survivability is good because of being able to buy good ES gear for cheap, i took CI at act 2 cruel and had 1.5k ES which is decent, i took it because the acces to the 20% ES node was greater then the hp i lost.

Merciless dps bad survivability dependent on your gear which can be bought for 8 chaos total for what i bought, i didnt get gloves or belt as i needed the +str and +dex from them, not to mention the 20% attack speed on gloves at full life which is quite nice.

Your dps will be lacking because you cant take the Crit nodes until you have the good ES gear, at level 75 with all the es nodes i will be able to take 11 crit nodes which sohuld bump dps up a bit, however getting the accuracy is hard, i have 75% chance to hit!! That is terrible and reduces dps alot even crit nodes won't make up for that i predict until i get accuracy on gear.

I reccomend taking CI at Act 2 cruel in combination with purchasing ES gear, even if you cant buy ES gear take it anyway and use groups because as i see it you have no life nodes so why not take CI and grab the es nodes next to it.

Cleave 3L can be managed with 2 mana pots quite easily maybe even 1, mana leech pretty much negates the need for mana pots, i reccomend getting a 4L ASAP and ditching the pots and grabbing Granite flasks as you will have no armour and these help ammensily. So 3 Granite 2 quicksilver, dispel frozen is a must! Always keep a charge handy. dispel burning not as neccasary but get one anyway. Increased Armour on granite is obviously ideal aswell as the adrenaline flask for speeding past mobs.

With concentrated affect on cleave it reduces your aoe quite a bit which can be annoying, If you have high dps i reccomend taking of conc affect so you can hit more mobs while still 1-2 shotting.

Arcing Blows is great for dps at the start but you will feel the lack of dps from not having catalyse so conc may be neccesary if anything switch the gem at bosses where aoe isnt neccesary, maybe lightning penetration although at low levels i think added chaos dmg would be better because of scaling.

For merciless i simply can not survive and do damage so i used groups to farm fellshrine and docks. Don't be complacent with bad groups who have bad killspeed(ironic because you'll be leeching unless you do good dmg)shop around and find a good group who understands farming xp.

I found a low level rapier with 30% elemental dmg on it, look out for these as they are far better then 1-50 lightning etc. and will only get replaced when you find a good attack speed weapon.

Decoy totem is pro use it, remember to use ele weakness or enfeeble curse aswell i forgot to.

Main Points:

If your failing, use http://poe.xyz.is/ and get your self some gear it saves alot of time having nice stuff. Use groups if you need to wait for level requirements.

You can kite with Cleave if the monsters are tough, cleave outranges monsters melee attacks. This is strong in conjuction with temporal chains.

You can buy HIGH ES chests for cheap without links and just use 4L boots or Helm.

Use Granites!!!!

I speced ghost reaver early, don't, you barely leech anything with bad dmg.

You can spec CI early, just calculate your hp loss and increase in energy shield from the nodes next to CI, REMEMBER you can use BLOOD RAGE then which is pretty cool.

Lightning DMG is prioritzed because we take that Lightning dmg increase node plus wrath.

Use whirling blades to get past packs of monsters, you can get chain stunned or freezed when trying to run past shit.

This character will generally be weak at the start, dont bang your head against a brick wall, join some groups, remember if the group is disorganized or bad join another one, also stay away from overleveled players as they will steal xp.

Sorry for the noob vomit of a post, just my thoughts and experience while leveling this character.

These 3 items are very good for this build.

Only now after leveling do i understand that this is a build for ENDGAME play. Utilizing the effectiveness of cleave and ELE damage with Crit. This can be dont with shadow because of access to crit nodes and ES nodes and ele nodes. Theoretically it could be done with templar but you have no ES nodes.

On further testing i can run anger wrath and discipline with 33 mana and mana leech lol. You can not run curses however.

VictorDoom do you think this build was greatly affected by diamond flasks, im guessing you took out the crit chance and only used multiplier in closed beta?

I'm wondering where your dps comes from i am using these weapons

The unqiues that are better are Eye of Chayula (mandatory actually), wakes and maligaros, note that wurms most belt has PHYSICAL leech, not elemental so you wont be leeching anything since youre doing all elemental damage.

The damage comes from crit, and catalyze node (the templar WeD nodes which you havent taken yet, thas why your dps isnt very good), elementalist and celestial walker you also havent taken yet, you are not doing very good dps because you have invested only 1 passive in it(Arcing Blows), WeD link, Faster attacks link, and concentrated effect are the things that also increase dps substantially.

Yup, its been affected by diamond flasks because now we have to take the crit nodes, but its still possible to do it again, only its harder with the CI nerf and no diamonds.

Since this build is getting a bit popular again im going to have to rewrite the guide to fit OB when i have some time since its outdated
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Apr 18, 2013, 9:09:04 AM
cool can't wait for the new guide, celestial walker = lightning walker ? I think they changed it. I have arcing blows, catalyse increased dps by 500 which was nice. My ES is up to 6k now which is pretty sweet too. Using WED, conc, mana leech. Lightning penetration is 32%, faster attacks is 42% what do you think is better?
maligaros reduced my dps by 300 :/ im guessing its mainly the reduced accuracy as i have none and my low crit multiplier. Lol i really shouldn't have baught them , level 21! Are they still good late game? either way grabbed em for 1 exalt so can sell.

Do you think i should 5L this?
Last edited by frogkitten on Apr 18, 2013, 12:16:58 PM
"
frogkitten wrote:
maligaros reduced my dps by 300 :/ im guessing its mainly the reduced accuracy as i have none and my low crit multiplier. Lol i really shouldn't have baught them , level 21! Are they still good late game? either way grabbed em for 1 exalt so can sell.

Do you think i should 5L this?

Theyre the best gloves for a crit build endgame wise, but yeah a pair of ES elemental IAS gloves are better since they provide sruvivability

Its a pretty armor, but to be honest i wouldnt 6l anything under 800 ES
5link, i reckon you can do it, but dont waste too many fusings on it though!

Celestial Walker is the passive that increase ele damage by 10% and resistances by 10% it above the Templar AoE nodes which you will take too later on, get that node,get catalyze nodes,get elementalist and your dps should be good after that, they are the most important nodes DPS wise for this build.

You should start using life leech after you get more DPS, hold a free link for that because it improves surivability by a massive amount
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950

i had 50/50 friends leaning towards not worth 5L

I went for it it cost 81 fuse and 80 chrom.

I wanted faster attacks because i think it adds more dps? got lighning pen so good enough for now.

tried to solo docks and stun raped me, baught eye of chayul for 4gcp it was +12 to all attribute but cheap and good enough for now.

this is on default, i lol in your general direction if you try build on hardcore.
Update item and skill tree

Gear

Spoiler

Skill Tree

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAW8EBwW1DPIQexEvFVAV1xa_GdcabBzcHwIhwClPKwospiy_LR8yiTQKNj02xTdmN4M62DvhPI49X0cGTLNN2FJTVmNXyVfiX2ptGW1sdhF35X5Zfq9_xoKbhEiGrofbiGuLeox2j_qTJ5P8l5WZmp2unjyio6XLpuunCKcrrs-zDrTFtUi297iTvjrBAMHFwfPC7MNt14bYJNsa2-fi9-Qi6rrrY-uO6-7sGOw49Uv_kw==

Any thoughts on what gear should be replaced (ie. what is the most efficient upgrades)? i have maligaros for gloves but not worth using till have more crit nodes.

What crit nodes should i grab next seeing as i have all the ES and ele dmg nodes.
Last edited by frogkitten on Apr 21, 2013, 1:36:58 AM
"
frogkitten wrote:
Update item and skill tree

Gear

Spoiler

Skill Tree

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAW8EBwW1DPIQexEvFVAV1xa_GdcabBzcHwIhwClPKwospiy_LR8yiTQKNj02xTdmN4M62DvhPI49X0cGTLNN2FJTVmNXyVfiX2ptGW1sdhF35X5Zfq9_xoKbhEiGrofbiGuLeox2j_qTJ5P8l5WZmp2unjyio6XLpuunCKcrrs-zDrTFtUi297iTvjrBAMHFwfPC7MNt14bYJNsa2-fi9-Qi6rrrY-uO6-7sGOw49Uv_kw==

Any thoughts on what gear should be replaced (ie. what is the most efficient upgrades)? i have maligaros for gloves but not worth using till have more crit nodes.

What crit nodes should i grab next seeing as i have all the ES and ele dmg nodes.

I would reaplce swords, gloves and boots, the rest is pretty decent.

aim for this next:Passive skill tree build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info