Leeching Spectral throw Scion

I'm planning to start a spectral throw scion with high regen and leech (both life and mana leech nodes from the tree)

I'm not sure if this idea would be HC viable, since the biggest drawback of the build i have in mind, is that it has only around 150% increased life...
But it is a ranged build; it has mana shield (therefor the high mana regen (160% increased from passives) and the mana leech) and the life regen will also be quite good (5.2%)

My planned passive tree: Link (edited)

As you can see the idea is to throw 2-handed swords.
Why swords? Because i like them and the Blade master circle is IMHO really good as well. The focus is physical sword damage and attack speed (higher speed = faster leech as well). I have not gone for RT, since i have quite some dex and i did take some accuracy nodes (or lets say the accuracy was in nodes i wanted or on the way to them) and swords improve accuracy as well.

The build should allow 2 auras (i guess i'll use Clarity and Hatred).

My curses would be Warlords mark (ll and ml) and enfeeble (i plan on getting a unique with +1 curses)

In terms of support i guess i'll go for:
Spectral throw + LMP + Added fire + life leech
If i find/get a 5L i'll probalby use faster attacks as the additional support (i don't think i'll need the mana leech gem, though it could be used as well, if the mana leech from the tree and items and WM won't be enough)

So what is your opinion about this idea?

EDIT: iproved the tree, sinc i missed ion grip completely before :P

EDIT2: new changes to the tree - dropped some attack speed (yes, i dropped the circle i praised so much in the first version of this post :P) for damage/life hybrid nodes

EDIT3: thought about everything again and made further changes to the passive tree.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Nov 17, 2013, 7:15:27 AM
Better than what I can think of lol.
"
くりす wrote:
Better than what I can think of lol.

:) I did a lot of theorycrafting untill now and thinking about builds i want to play takes me almost as much time as the actual playing :P
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
Current OB success:
I like your build, very close to what I had in mind, only slightly different :)
KuulKuum
why not Iron Grip? Nice dmg node i think.
Tnx for the post :)
"
Gaaruda wrote:
why not Iron Grip? Nice dmg node i think.
Tnx for the post :)

Good point... I totally forgot about it... I'll probably take it (and it is only 2 points away /facepalm)

Thank you for the reminder :D
Current OB success:
Hehe, no problem! :)
My only complaints are that you were so close to thick skin and skipped over berserking

I like the build though, seems like a good plan.
I did a BM Gem version.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgUtFCAVIBjbGS4ZtCFgJ-0ppSpNLOkxnjIJMn41kjboOlI6szrhOyg9Dz8nQKBGaUp9SshN404qUEdQUFRJVw1YY1ivWlJbr18_YENgS2egbBZsRm49bqpybHKpdO108XgNeu982X31gwmD24cph3aI8YzPkAqbXZ65ns2mV6cwqJqpbqxZrKq18rndvqfAD8QVxPbG2MrTzZjOcdIh0k3Uj9lh3Q3exudS52PqYu8O8i_yRfKX8932SPqx_Ev8xf4K_o8=

IGN: SC - RangerKatarina //// HC - Ranger_Katarina /// Nemesis - Scion_Katarina
SHOPS: SC: /view-thread/534084 /// HC: /view-thread/538766 ///Nemesis: /view-thread/551384
CI Crit Ranger! - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/471594 ( Not my thread )
"
iJoK3R wrote:
I did a BM Gem version.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgUtFCAVIBjbGS4ZtCFgJ-0ppSpNLOkxnjIJMn41kjboOlI6szrhOyg9Dz8nQKBGaUp9SshN404qUEdQUFRJVw1YY1ivWlJbr18_YENgS2egbBZsRm49bqpybHKpdO108XgNeu982X31gwmD24cph3aI8YzPkAqbXZ65ns2mV6cwqJqpbqxZrKq18rndvqfAD8QVxPbG2MrTzZjOcdIh0k3Uj9lh3Q3exudS52PqYu8O8i_yRfKX8932SPqx_Ev8xf4K_o8=

For your mod build, why dont get "Mind over Matter"? If you use BM gem, you will have a big mana pool. And 30% dmg reduction to mana seems very nice in hc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info