Animate Guardian

Has anyone tried it with Trypanon? Or Trypanon + Abyssus?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
But I would like to use him in a offensive way. All the build I imagine are impossible to create because there are too much restriction on the animate guardian

I wholeheartedly agree, the Animated Guardian just has waaaaay to many imposing restrictions which simply inhibit it's offensive capabilities. It does provide good support utility, but trying to use it for damage just isn't a feasible option.

It should work with enchants
It should trigger rampage
It should be able to wear jewelry
Or perhaps the more elegant solution, give it a bunch of base physical damage

Honestly, either they aren't implementing this because of lack of resources/low priority, it's a technical impossibility or they're fearful of making it too overpowered.

I commend GGG for fixing the Guardian's biggest weakness by giving it a lot of defense, but now there's another issue of its incapability to actually deal any damage or be of any use as an offensive tool. This skill gem has so much potential, but falls just short
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
Last edited by Enzari on May 14, 2016, 6:34:02 AM
I want to know if it was intended for animate guardian to not be able to trigger some active effects like glove enchants and new dancing dervish sword. It didn't trigger the skill on kill like it mentioned on the glove. He doesnt seem to have rampage while wielding dancing dervish. while victario's charity works fine and grants charges on kills/hits. Animate guardian can be so interesting but i wonder if these were just broken mechanics of new items with guardian.
Using the animated guardian again in essence league.
I have taken a different approach and have these items on him:

Helm is Leer cast
Weapon is Singularity
Boots are rares
Body armour is Zahndetus' cassock
Gloves are Asenath's gentle touch
Shield is Sentari's answer

Using bone offering + necromantic aegis for 75% block chance on the guardian. That + zahndethus that gives consecrated ground on block + sentari that gives extra spell block chance and applies 3 different curses on block. Some nice synergy there.

For tough bosses the slow from singularity + temp chains are a good combo as well.

I'm gonna replace his weapon and shield later on with a Kingmaker for another 30% iir.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 10, 2016, 6:02:15 PM
When I saw Essence of Insanity's mod on weapons my first thought was to put it on an Animated Guardian.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I'm honestly really bummed out it doesn't. It must be a technical issue, I can't imagine balance concerns being the problem considering the Spectral Spirits wouldn't get the players minion passives, only minion specific supports linked to the Guardian and minion passives on gear the Guardian would be wearing.

Speaking of minion passives on gear: I also tried feeding my Animated Guardian a "The Scourge". It didn't work either! Not one spectral wolf summoned after several Ledge clears..

GGG pls, what do I have to do to get my Guardian's Animated Guardian minion to spawn minions?

Essence of Delirium's Decay on Hit effect works and is pretty good but whoop-de-doo who gives a shit? Decay ain't minions, fuck! I'm actually upset ;_;

I haven't tried Essence of Hysteria's Fire Burst or burning trail effects with a Guardian yet but I'm guessing the former doesn't work and the latter is pointless so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Sep 21, 2016, 1:16:07 PM
"
Mokihiki wrote:
When I saw Essence of Insanity's mod on weapons my first thought was to put it on an Animated Guardian.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I'm honestly really bummed out it doesn't. It must be a technical issue, I can't imagine balance concerns being the problem considering the Spectral Spirits wouldn't get the players minion passives, only minion specific supports linked to the Guardian and minion passives on gear the Guardian would be wearing.

Speaking of minion passives on gear: I also tried feeding my Animated Guardian a "The Scourge". It didn't work either! Not one spectral wolf summoned after several Ledge clears..

GGG pls, what do I have to do to get my Guardian's Animated Guardian minion to spawn minions?

Essence of Delirium's Decay on Hit effect works and is pretty good but whoop-de-doo who gives a shit? Decay ain't minions, fuck! I'm actually upset ;_;

I haven't tried Essence of Hysteria's Fire Burst or burning trail effects with a Guardian yet but I'm guessing the former doesn't work and the latter is pointless so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AG is restricted from using skills, no "cast", "use/attack with skill" or "Grant skill" are compatible.
Only effects originating from the item will take effect.

This could be made clearer with wording on items.
I believe development of alt expanded menus including more of this type of explanation has been mentioned.
Could we get the stats of the guardian itself?
The only info I have found are res℅, base attack speed, base life per gem lvl (which isn't on the wiki, nor could I find the original source. Not sure if link Mark confirmed is outdated.) and useful non-numerics.

Sending it in a msg would be great.

I'm currently in the slow process of compiling info for a thread
Animate Guardian Detailed Thread
"
AG is restricted from using skills, no "cast", "use/attack with skill" or "Grant skill" are compatible.
Only effects originating from the item will take effect.

This could be made clearer with wording on items.
I believe development of alt expanded menus including more of this type of explanation has been mentioned.
Well I guess you can add "summon" to your list since that's the wording The Scourge uses.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
I have a question about the wording on this gem.
The following lines :

"Minions deal (0-76)% increased Physical Damage with Melee Attacks"
"Minions' Attacks deal (22-56) to (34-84) additional Physical Damage"

is the same as http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Clayshaper

Am I to understand that when AG is active, all my minions get this dmg bonus ?
Also it would be great if the AG had some regen of his own or if going to town healed his hp to full.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info