Animate Guardian

I took a quick look and couldn't find anything about this, so I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere.

I love the Animate Guardian skill, but I don't like that after logging out, I can only resummon the guardian by using the skill on an appropriate piece of gear. It is great that the Guardian and his gear persist between sessions, but not as great that I have to replace a piece of gear to get him up and running again--this usually means that I have to remember which equipped gear was special, and avoid replacing those gear slots.

It would be nice if you could resummon the guardian just by using the skill with no gear selected, this getting him back with everything he had previously. (Or if he just came back automatically, etc.)

I would also love to see a feature where we could check what gear he has equipped right now, maybe through clicking on the guardian's icon at top left.
I have an alt account, CanuckMoney, which is used for sales and trading.
you can cast on a blank space to resummon him.
"
CanuckMonkey wrote:
It would be nice if you could resummon the guardian just by using the skill with no gear selected, this getting him back with everything he had previously.
You can.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
CanuckMonkey wrote:
It would be nice if you could resummon the guardian just by using the skill with no gear selected, this getting him back with everything he had previously.
You can.

Reading this out of context is a cruel, cruel joke......
I posted an idea thread in general outlining a unique item designed to buff the short comings of animate guardian

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1183718

Unfortunately it didn't get much traction there. I was really hoping to appeal to a diamond supporter looking for ideas for their supporter unique. It's a shame most unique s don't do anything all that interesting.

Check out the thread and offer some feedback on the idea, I think it opens the door for a whole new class of summon, while proposing enough relevant and practical downsides to prevent balance issues.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
CanuckMonkey wrote:
You can.

I am laughing at myself now, I posted this and then didn't look at the thread again, and just now in game I tried it on a whim and found that it worked.

Most of the humour, to me, comes from the fact that I have worked for a software company for 11 years and one of my minor roles has been testing and reporting bugs/making feature requests, and here I broke the cardinal rule: TRY IT FIRST BEFORE ASKING FOR SOMETHING. No, not even the cardinal rule; a concept so fundamental and obvious that nobody even bothers to state it as a rule.

I am so sorry for making such an idiotic request! Also, so thankful that GGG anticipated my needs by including a feature I wanted before I even started playing the game!
Last edited by CanuckMonkey on Feb 4, 2015, 2:20:07 PM
"
CanuckMonkey wrote:

I am laughing at myself now,

After a night's sleep, I am also kicking myself; I take pride in composing useful, detailed bug reports and feature requests, and programmers that I have worked with have praised my efforts in the past. But here, I managed to pre-emptively destroy my credibility with this moronic error.

And I know that Mark_GGG has seen it since he replied!

In any case, I hope to redeem myself with my next few posts...

I'd also like to reiterate my other request; see below. I can see how it might have been ignored under the circumstances!

"
CanuckMonkey wrote:

I would also love to see a feature where we could check what gear he has equipped right now, maybe through clicking on the guardian's icon at top left.
I'm really disappointed. With the 1.3.0 i've seen a new crafting mod in the Haku's one, and i've been really excited: finally i'll can play an Animated Guardian!
Then i've leveled a Witch based on one of the last league's build of the week: The Elemental Animator.
Today, after using tons of currency and luck crafted this famous mod on my Body Armor. And here came the cataclysm.

The text describing the mod in the Anvil (sorry i don't know the english name for this tool) doesn't tell the truth. After you've crafted it, the text says that the item must be equiped BY the guardian. And of course the only protected item is the Body Armor.
We are pretty far from the Mod's description.

Of course this mod is useless, and so the skill. I understand that you want the skill to be dangerous but hell, 8 chaos just for 1 body armor? And what about the others?

You've designed this skill to be exactly as the Animated Weapon: usable with white items or bad rare ones, but it's really too weak like this.
If the gem level would be modified for exemple adding the lv23 to 24 dmg to lv18 and life lv 22 to l18 the skill could permit some fun endgame combo:

My favourites but useless::

The chiller(Pretty glassy cause no aegis)
Socketed in a widewing 6L or a mahori
H: skull head/starkonja/rat nest
T: Icetomb
MH: Ungils/Hayons/Rebuke/dyadus
OH: Dyadus
G: Rare glove: accuracy atk spd ele dmg/thunderfist
B: if Skullhead choose Raimbostride if not : wake of destruction

Gem linking:
Animate guardian + 21q20 Additional Accuracy + WED + Multistrike + q20 elemental proliferation + 21q20 increased critical strike chance/21q20 faster attack the weapon it is socketed in give inc AOE.

A lv 20 guardian is able to freeze shock the whole screen up to lv70 maps... but weapon switch for bosses because it is very glassy, clear speed will see the children's of your grand children join you party to help you finish clearing the map.

But the freeze and chill prolif is fun.

Oh by the way in the current state if you want to relly solely on your lv 20 AG and have a lv 80 ish full minions passive, you better limkt yourself to cruel difficulty :/
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Last edited by WikarinaTana on Feb 12, 2015, 11:40:24 PM
Can we please get rid of the "lose all items on death" bs and just make it go on a long cooldown/give the player a debuff that prevents recasting AG for a period of time?

Bad AI, needs empower and +level spam to gain any real measure of survivability no matter what you put on him...

Make the Haku mod effect all the gear on the g when one mod is present on one piece of gear so we can use the useful unique chests with him?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info