Animate Guardian

has anyone used death's oath on him? does he have to get the killing blow for the penalty to proc? im thinking my zombies and spectres will get the majority of the kills making the 450 dmg penalty on him non existent while providing the 450 dmg boost to enemies
"
kayle11 wrote:
has anyone used death's oath on him? does he have to get the killing blow for the penalty to proc? im thinking my zombies and spectres will get the majority of the kills making the 450 dmg penalty on him non existent while providing the 450 dmg boost to enemies

I've found with a minion life gem and max minion life & regen nodes (plus aura) at level 15 he has around 6500 health, putting him around 325 life/sec. Makes him super tanky, should put him high enough to avoid most of the damage. I would take a regen totem to boost the effect though - because some of them fights can get real nasty when he gets a last hit and also happens to be tanking something. Everything else on the armor is epic on him though.
450 chaos damage is rather insignificant , since my non supported desecrate does around that and you dont notice anything on the enemies hp bar.

you are better of using one of zahndethu's uniques to proc consecrated or desecrated ground ( hit the consecrated ground is 4% life regen in an aoe .

they are cheaper and often just as effective.

the guardian doesnt get many hits , but he will get hit alot so things that proc when gets hit are much more efficient.

(edit) dont use light bane it is total ASS
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 30, 2014, 2:10:03 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
orionsky wrote:
My son has succeed in making a very viable animate guardian. It costs him a few Chaos but up to lvl 78 dungeons, almost nothing can kill it if he doesn't ignore it. But if he (the player) dies, even when the guardian is at full health when he releases, it always vanishes and he loses all the items he put on it. I have observed it occur three times.

Is that by design? If so, I feel its not very conducive to enjoyable game-play.
Nothing in the game code kills the Guardian on player death - it's quite possible for it to survive and kill the monster that killed you.
If it's dying quickly after the player dies, this may be because the player is running defensive auras that it can no longer benefit from, thus reducing it's tankiness.

It will leave the instance when you do, so clicking the resurrect button quickly after death should pull it from the instance quickly, and thus hopefully before it dies.

I feel like it would be better if it just de-summoned the guardian on your death.

Is there any reasoning behind leaving it walking around after you have died?
Last edited by Delfofthebla on Oct 31, 2014, 3:15:23 PM
many times i have died as summoner and my spectres/zombies took out hard bosses by themselves.. i guess it's the same concept
"
paleguy wrote:
many times i have died as summoner and my spectres/zombies took out hard bosses by themselves.. i guess it's the same concept
Except AG's damage is pathetic compared to zombies/spectres.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
paleguy wrote:
Except AG's damage is pathetic compared to zombies/spectres.

THIS, a really good 6l elemental setup will give you around 17k DPS with melee splash, and that's with flesh offering up.

For the amount of sockets and other things (mainly sockets) that have to be invested into the guardian, the damage should be like 4x that. That kind of an increase might seem too huge, but considering how much investment is currently needed to reach that 17k DPS (13.5k without flesh offering), it might actually be too little. You actually need to invest so much that you have no sockets for zombies left, and a 3l for spectres. (it's possible to use 4l spectres, but that means you have no vaal skill/your flesh and bone offering have a shorter duration.

IMO, a guardian can be decent utility with some uniques, but if you try to build him for damage, it's pathetic. 10k DPS on a 5l skill that you invested a 5l, 3 generositied damage auras, a purity of elements and vitality, aura nodes, minion nodes, sockets for flesh/bone offering and a sidhebreath into is just extremely underwhelming, especially with the gear disappearing on death. That's why such an insane DPS increase seems like a good idea to me, and I feel like nothing else will really fix this skill. Seriously, is 55k DPS with shitty AoE on a 6l skill that also ate up like 12 other sockets so much? Just look at how animate guardian did when cast on death worked with it: That's about how much dmg AG needs to work.

edit: these damage numbers were made without considering accuracy, so it's actually even less.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
Last edited by Freeslana on Nov 6, 2014, 10:18:21 AM
imo is only good for utility , if you use him with any support other than minion life , you are wasting space
If you animate an item that gives minion bonuses (let's say... Skullhead) will the guardian receive the minion bonuses?
If you equip Skullhead, do you receive the Minion-specific bonuses?
The AG is no different.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info