Animate Guardian

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Teriderol wrote:
The gem is a great item sink and really supportive if you go ranged and squishy. However, it would be great if also other stats beside +x to Maximum life or +x% increased Attack Speed would carry over, so that it wont use your defenses.
And yes, if you give it a complete set of rares, you prolly looses a few alterations vendoring it, but it won't die so fast.

Suggestions:
- use item stats from items placed upon it (including movement speed and energy shield)
It does get all the stats of the items you make it from. That's pretty much the entire point of the skill, and what allows for customisation (by using uniques or aiming for certain affixes such as resistance).

would be great to see this in the character screen in the animate guardian skill tab and energy energy shield reload animation on the portrait.
I don't know if the guardian is also influenced by armour or evasion on plain whit items but you might want to try a modifier on those numbers just to give it some survivability. Players (should) try to dodge most (~60% or more) of the attacks thrown their way, depending on their playstyle. Since they are on the same recieving end as players without having any trajections skills, they need beef.
(off the record, i use this skill as an agro pawn to distract and clutter everything to area crit everything away.)
https://youtu.be/Dt9GwmOWoqo
"
DarkTl wrote:
Yup, don't tell me you guys expect from players to invest high level uniques into a thing that will never give them back and will die eventually due to poor AI if nothing else.

Most people who have enough currency to actually dump it into AG can and will use much more powerful builds than a summoner.

What players decide to invest in their guardian skill gem is their business and would not affect you as a player. So yeah, why not? That's my point. To make the skill gem more fun and exciting, and since we all know the guardian has a higher chance of death than the player, why not make the skill gem good as it could be?

It will do more good than harm to make it better. As it stands now, it is yet another skill gem that's quite lackluster and conforms to the other skill gems with hardly any significant power value.

EDIT: What about making your guardian permanent (until it dies) even if you log out? For example, if I've already summoned my guardian, make it so other players in town won't see it just like you don't see the portals of other players unless you party with them.

The same would apply to your personal guardian. If you party with a group, only then your party will see your guardian in town. This would make it so the computers of other players (while standing in town) will not need to process more than they need to since no one would want to see a crowd of guardians in town. If the guardian can only be seen by the owner, you won't have that problem in which this could work.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jan 23, 2014, 4:43:42 AM
Indeed. Yet looks like it's one of the most unpopular gems right now, second only to punishment and AA. And judging by Mark's recent post GGG is kinda displeased by that.

In other words, sure, go ahead and invest in your AG if it's fun for you, but you will be in minority. And GGG probably don't want too unpopular skills in their game, just like they don't want too popular ones (because they nerf them :)).
Last edited by DarkTl on Jan 23, 2014, 5:20:02 AM
"
DarkTl wrote:
Indeed. Yet looks like it's one of the most unpopular gems right now, second only to punishment and AA. And judging by Mark's recent post GGG is kinda displeased by that.

In other words, sure, go ahead and invest in your AG if it's fun for you, but you will be in minority. And GGG probably don't want too unpopular skills in their game, just like they don't want too popular ones (because they nerf them :)).

Skill gems do not have to be popular to be good. I've seen players turn complete garbage skill gems into golden wonders, but that doesn't mean they're good as other skill gems that are better.

So if all they're going to do is nerf, nerf, nerf, what will happen is all the popular skill gems will be equivalent to some of these garbage skill gems, just not as good they once were. The skill gems would then be borderline to get you through the game, and that's boring.

In the end, you cannot nerf players that make skill gems good, even the most unlikley ones.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jan 23, 2014, 6:32:34 AM
Nah, the only viable build with AG was based on CoD exploit, and they will fix it in the next patch. End of story, no more good AG builds so far. Not to mention zero builds with AW.

These gems are dead right now.
Last edited by DarkTl on Jan 23, 2014, 9:08:44 AM
Even after the CoD fix, the Guardian isn't *totally* useless. Thanks to the ability to abuse another suspect mechanic (snapshotting) that is.

As a Summoner, I keep my zombies on a 6L with Minion Life/Damage, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike and Faster Attacks. The guardian gem takes the place of Melee Physical damage and is pretty "okay" as an extra, and extra costly zombie.

I mostly use it because think it's a cool skill, not because it does all that much to help. I really wish they would rework it. If snapshotting were fixed, it would be completely out of the question to use this gem for anything, least of all for actually good gear that he can permanently destroy the first chance he gets.
Wait a sec, they say snapshotting will be fixed as well.
"

EDIT: What about making your guardian permanent (until it dies) even if you log out? For example, if I've already summoned my guardian, make it so other players in town won't see it just like you don't see the portals of other players unless you party with them.
The guardian is already permanent until death. He persists through leveling the gem, logging out, removing the gem. Etc.

Needs to recheck gem status more often (as in after summoning) though.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
DarkTl wrote:
Wait a sec, they say snapshotting will be fixed as well.

I would expect it to be fixed eventually. It won't totally kill my summoner, but I'll surely then have no conceivable reason to ever use this skill in it's current state.
Last edited by Crocodarrel on Jan 24, 2014, 12:24:28 AM
how about the guardian dropping the equipped items when he is dead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info