Animate Guardian

Hi

I felt whilst using AG that it was a version of the ol'Iron Golem from D2 except the items used don't actually seem to give it any special abilities unlike the D2 version so the items used to create AG is completely useless.

AG does though seem to have a slightly better minion AI unlike zombies and skeles.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
weak skill - need some buffing
Be water, my friend.
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
Psomm wrote:
The main problem is it can't be snapshot, doesn't work I tested it.

It would probably be usable if it could be snapped, but right now it's abysmally weak and completely useless except for cutesy factor - and it's not too cute :)
Don't worry, other summons will lose their ability to be snapshot eventually too.

Just like auras.

I roll with punches. Regardless the mechanic of snapshotting makes things interesting. And in the case of traditional summoners, makes them not suck so much.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Enemies aren't suppose to interact with minions during the 20sec load buff. I just watched a monkey chase my AG around punching him
"
Psomm wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
Psomm wrote:
The main problem is it can't be snapshot, doesn't work I tested it.

It would probably be usable if it could be snapped, but right now it's abysmally weak and completely useless except for cutesy factor - and it's not too cute :)
Don't worry, other summons will lose their ability to be snapshot eventually too.

Just like auras.

I roll with punches. Regardless the mechanic of snapshotting makes things interesting. And in the case of traditional summoners, makes them not suck so much.
Well, if the choice is "snapshot for power" or "have the power without snapshotting"

I'm gonna go with the latter. I dislike "invisible" tricks in any game. Clever use of game mechanics isn't the same as guide dang it.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
I didn't realize this forum is not sorted by date, so maybe the devs haven't seen the last 10 pages of people doing nothing but complaining about and posting suggestions for this ability. Does anyone know if they've made a post about it somewhere? In the last patch they gave it a small buff to give it health back when you add new pieces. Since pretty much everyone complains about it's AI and general uselessness, I would have thought they would at least comment about that stuff somewhere if they've seen this thread. The mostly consistent nature of the complaints seem hard to ignore.

It seems like there is a mismatch between the way the skill was designed to play, and what players actually want to do with it. From the recent buff it seems clear that they mean for players to just casually add random pieces of gear to their guardian as they're moving along. Players on the other hand, or me at least, really want to sink nice gear pieces into it and have a golem that can be relied upon, if not to clear rooms, than at least to be a nice tanky pal to have along.

Along that vein I'm going to repeat my favourite suggestion for improving the skill: let him be revivable. Let him take at least a few hits from a boss and then get summoned again, as anything less just won't be useful when you need it. Just that much would make putting it in a 5-6L fun and interesting. Even if you try to use it the way it seems designed for, it's just kind of aggravating when you've taken the time to summon a full set of gear and no matter what you do it immediately runs off and dies. Much more so if you've taken the time to build him from a nice set of blues and yellows.
I think it would be very interesting if the guardian can get half of the benefits your character gets from the skill tree along with full benefits from life mods. of course, you guys may label this too overpowered. You would still lose the items you put in this beast if it dies, so that would counter stacking monster equipment on it.

The way this skill is now though, it isn't really a guardian but rather weak cannon fodder. even skeletons prove better at this job than the guardian.
Last edited by CommanderSauce on Nov 21, 2013, 2:51:29 AM
Im pretty sure noone level this guy up to 20 and put it into a 2+ minions gem with a + minion life.

On the other hand, any other summon would also be beefy and actually do dmg :/
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Vincendra wrote:
Im pretty sure noone level this guy up to 20 and put it into a 2+ minions gem with a + minion life.

On the other hand, any other summon would also be beefy and actually do dmg :/

I did actually

Was using and testing him, leveled him to 20. Never used him ever since.
And no, any other summon would be beefy and actually do dmg, but not guardian. 1 zombie does more damage than 6linked AG with voidhome. I don't know, maybe, with all minion damage nodes and something like
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/585505
he will do more damage than 1 zombie. Still not sure though.
Last edited by kepler45 on Nov 25, 2013, 3:42:15 PM
Yo GGG!

How about some info here? You going to revamp this skill or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info