Cast on Death

Cast on Death only works when your character dies. Not minions or totems. When YOU die. If you link it you can't cast the spell or ability you link it with (unless you die, in which case it'll auto-cast that spell or ability).

Stop whining about "bugs" when you can't do your spell totem and skele combo, it's not what this gem does.
This gem is considered bad omen in Nemesis league.
"
afvskrap wrote:
Cast on Death only works when your character dies. Not minions or totems. When YOU die. If you link it you can't cast the spell or ability you link it with (unless you die, in which case it'll auto-cast that spell or ability).

Stop whining about "bugs" when you can't do your spell totem and skele combo, it's not what this gem does.

nobody is whining.

so it is a pure pvp gem
i hate you redditors, you know who you are
it's also good for rushing on softcore leagues. I've got it linked to portal gem in domination.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
it's also good for rushing on softcore leagues. I've got it linked to portal gem in domination.
considering gems get increased damage, you might as well put spare AoE's to that too. like cold snap... not sure what else though, maybe firestorm if you want to wait a tiny bit.
Vendor Recipe Incoming
"
BearCares wrote:
Vendor Recipe Incoming

?
i hate you redditors, you know who you are
Hi

Lol I thought it was a joke when I suggested portal gem_cast on death as the main usage of this gem.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
Scol91 wrote:
Can you chain it with another 'Cast on' gem, trigger supported skill with the other 'Cast on' gem and still benefit from Cast on Death's massive 'more spell damage'?

More spell damage is just for that supports effect on spells when it procs,it wont effect other supports effect on spells.I know in some cases supports can effect other supports but this would not be logical for this case.

Ooo so I was right on this one after all. Too bad i haven't tried that before patch. :D

Any chance you would make it softcore/domination drop only? I've felt trolled by the game when it dropped for my Nemesis Scion.

Or maybe slightly rework it:
100% to cast supported non-minion spells on death.
X% less minion spell damage.
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
Scol91 wrote:
Can you chain it with another 'Cast on' gem, trigger supported skill with the other 'Cast on' gem and still benefit from Cast on Death's massive 'more spell damage'?

More spell damage is just for that supports effect on spells when it procs,it wont effect other supports effect on spells.I know in some cases supports can effect other supports but this would not be logical for this case.
Considering the latest patch that was obviously wrong.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Can't wait for someone in PvP to take a ridiculously empowered Discharge as they slay their foe.
that would be cool except for the fact it's extremely impractical to gain a reasonable amount of charges in PvP.

I guess that MAYBE a cold snap or ethereal knives could do reasonable damage though.

On another note: If you create minions with this support, will the minions deal more damage? that could be really useful for casting long-range spectres if you're farming at 0% out of 100% exp.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Oct 30, 2013, 4:41:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info