Cast on Melee Kill

"
Fuchsii wrote:
"
trolldemort wrote:
I just tried it on 4L: infernal blow+melee splash + cast on kill+ detonate dead.
When i kill sth when fighting big groups of mobs everything blows.
Pretty fun to use ;p

yeah since everything blows up already when infernal blow kills something, this makes combination the least usefull one :P if you want to go this way why not use Heavy strike with detonate dead?
good question and it depends on if damage effectiveness carries over or not. however with infernal blow, splash, proc kill, detonate... it should more correctly chain reaction explosions.
"
SupaPoeTime wrote:
"
Kittah_Khan wrote:
I fear that this trigger is not going to be used as is.
The reason ? It needs to be linked both with the skill you want to cast and your primary killing attack. Both of these skill gems will probably be needing lots of sockets, especially your primary skill( which you want to be dead killy ).

I suggest removing the constraint on needing to be bound to a specific attack skill and instead make it apply to all melee kills ( including melee-inflicted DoT/secondary effects ).

The same goes with the on crit trigger.
Tha use cases for this gem as is are sparse at best. The trigger condition, sockets and mana cost of triggering(if this applies, i am unable to play at the moment) alone are pretty big constraints already.

Conversely, on damage taken and on stun are going to see loads of use because they will likely trigger frequently and don't need to be linked to anything beyond the spell to cast.

No need to point out how little use on death is going to see( unless it somehow prevents the damage that would kill you ).

As far as on death support gem, I can actually see this being quite usefull as a summoner if you are using minion instability especially. Everytime your minion gets to 30% health it deals damage and triggers whatever spell you choose to attach. Maybe shock nova???

Cast on death does not work on minions.

When any gem or passive says "you" in it...it's properties only apply to "you".

"You" is defined as your character and your totems/traps/mines...however totems/traps/mines don't "die" so the gem doesn't work with them. I tested it with totems/traps/mines and minions...and the gem does not work with any of them.

It appears this is GGG's first stab at a PvP only gem. In PvP cast on death would be very useful. Imagine a 10+ power/frency/endurance charge discharge linked to cast on death.
So it appears this is common feedback, but I was very surprised you have to link this gem and the gem you want to cast to the skill you are using for a kill in order to make it work. I haven't thought of a use for it yet, given that.

My suggestion would be to replace the quest reward of this with cast on damage taken, which is a great deal more generically useful.
ign: @Tashur
How does this gem interact with lightning strike? The projectiles scale off your melee damage, but are they considered "melee" for the purposes of this gem? Will enemies killed by the lightning strike projectiles trigger supported gems?
"
Floytesangen wrote:
How does this gem interact with lightning strike? The projectiles scale off your melee damage
No, they don't.
"
Floytesangen wrote:
but are they considered "melee" for the purposes of this gem?
No, projectiles are not considered "melee" for this gem or anything else.
OH MY OH MY GOSH! WHY CAN'T I JUST BE ABLE TO CAST ON MELEE KILL WITHOUT LINKING IT WITH MY MELEE SKILL? I MEAN IT SHOULD CAST THE SPELL CURSE ANYTIME I GET A KILL WITH MY (LIGHTNING STRIKE!) WITHOUT HAVING TO LINK IT TO MY (LIGHTNING STRIKE!) : (

THE FACT THAT THERE ISN'T ENOUGH SOCKET TO MAKE A COMBINATION OF (MELEE SPLASH SUPPORT, "MELEE SKILL", LIFE ON HIT SUPPORT, CAST ON MELEE KILL, "CURSE SPELL") <<<tHIS COMBO IS WHAT IM TRYING TO DO BUT I CAN'T SINCE YOU CAN'T LINK 1,2,3,4,5...YES 5, AS IN FIVE SKILLS AT THE SAME TIME IN A MELEE ONE HAND WEAPON!

THAT MEANS I CAN'T CAST CURSE ON MELEE KILL WITHOUT LOSING (MELEE SPLASH) & (LIFE ON HIT SUPPORT GEM) ON MY MAIN HAND WEAPON...SAD REALLY REALLY SAD!

MY CONCLUDING STATEMENT WOULD BE; PLEASE MAKE (CAST ON MELEE KILL) INDEPENDENT FROM LINKING ANY MELEE SKILL SO THAT EVEN IF I ONLY LINK (CAST ON MELEE KILL) AND (CONDUCTIVITY) WITHOUT LINKING MY MELEE SKILL; THE KILL WILL STILL BE ABLE TO ACTIVATE THE GEM (CAST ON MELEE KILL)...RIGHT? I MEAN WHAT'S GOT TO LOSE???? PLEASE! AND THANK YOU FOR READING.

~sorry for the caps but i just want it to be easily read. ty again.
Last edited by Sleus on Oct 29, 2013, 7:35:51 PM
"
Sleus wrote:

Well, the caps accomplished exactly the opposite. So it was a very bad idea. Using caps on the internet is like screaming.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
"
Velkor wrote:
"
Sleus wrote:

Well, the caps accomplished exactly the opposite. So it was a very bad idea. Using caps on the internet is like screaming.
Velkor is right - being in all caps makes your post harder to read, not easier.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Velkor wrote:
"
Sleus wrote:

Velkor is right - being in all caps makes your post harder to read, not easier.

ok. but did you read my post?
Yes. Cast on Melee Kill works like it does for good reasons, and we are very unlikely to make the changes you're suggesting because they'd be horrible for balance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info