Cast on Crit

"
SunnyRay wrote:
The gem doesn't work with bear, fire and other traps!

Using "trap" support you first cast a trap, then it triggers and shoots an arrow.
Tooltip includes "spells on crit", but they are never cast. Same with ranged attack totem, it shoots arrows, but never cast supported spells.

Slightly confused and want to be 100% sure since I havent managed to get one myself.
Linking for example: split arrow + cast on crit + bear/fire/light-trap does not work? IE not trying to get the cast off the trap but actually cast a trap of an attack.

Also, I assume it is a drop only, since it seems to rare. Am I correct?
Thanks to anyone who knows
Tholfos
is anyone using a quillrain and using freezing pulse, the quillrain makes the damage move much further out... or is ice spear still better? Your crit should already be pumped up and would help the spell crit anyway. Also anyone putting fire and lightning only on their attacks and doing Elemental Equilibrium to make the ice spells even stronger? I thought that would be a no brainer. If real life hadn't interfered I would be testing this all myself.

Edit: Also any word on if these spells break reave stacks?
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Last edited by Xalmaren on Oct 28, 2013, 12:10:39 PM
"
736089 wrote:
Slightly confused and want to be 100% sure since I havent managed to get one myself.
Linking for example: split arrow + cast on crit + bear/fire/light-trap does not work? IE not trying to get the cast off the trap but actually cast a trap of an attack.

True, it doesn't work. Even more, you can cast the trap itself as if it isn't connected to "cast on crit".

Don't know if it's drop only, the price is 1-3 chaos in Domination.

Upd: it's a reward for merciless library quest. But nobody chooses it because multistrike, cast on damage taken and gmp are there too.

My build plans
I'm aiming at 90% crit chance with power siphon + cast on crit + gmp + arctic breath (ice spear?) + fireball(?) + chain. Infernal mantle (+100% crit chance), ele equi and +lightning damage on attack will hopefully do the trick. 5-6L infernal mantle can be costly, and accuracy can be a problem though. The question is how to survive and get enough currency with 4L. Still using simple freezing pulse and Voll's at level 50.

The gem adds value to crappy gear. For example, Doedre's Tenure becomes +50% spell damage without -20% cast speed. Not much, but it's dirt cheap compared to Maligaro's. Wands with IAS, local crit and some spell damage should not cost too much without damage mods. But it's hard to find one, people are probably vendoring these)

Passive tree sketch

CI

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGe31jso21ktqLGQgwlGcbQMkydb9DQKHNxqPzdmf8ZTuCymJ6l-WRGWwcWio4VVkNam652jDkgsv-wYwfOJ0zeD_KvQOeOEhq7DbW0ZKgvqul76F9jAUWNDFdc74S0fKPrz6nDV8uHXhuL3j6ZMs5itcFIWv13ywuxWY6crUlNEq1Awh9tCw7TFPV9Vrtte62PfhCsKLJzr5JmaAv7BAF8qtveMNtsaES_lGRB7tDj1S_v11tG-OtVPKlved7VIGaLkCAXTTDI=

Life

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGe31vKXOyjbWZtdLaiomrGQWlKDCUrIRnFuqrQMtfKTJ1v0qW41khzcaj_cV2xGrFl_xlO4HpRybIjxJ6l-WRGWoqOFVaw_MgnnY1ptnaMOSMHzidP-CiQ8_KvQOeOEbRkqC7c-p1xe-hfYwFFjQy0fQYdJUfPqcNWPpkyz-ehwUha_XfJSU0SrUDCCx4fbQsM9X1Wu214o-mHi34QsnOvkmK0C_l8qjDZVSyaVbXu1SCpb1tG0OPv11U_edxmi5AgF00wy

Drop some 15% crit chance nodes for more survivability. There is also 12% dual wielding speed node if can survive without a shield.

It's hard to make Quill Rain's crit above 40-50%, and it empties mana in seconds. I wasn't satisfied, but it may be because of low level cast on crit.

Haven't tested Reave.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Oct 28, 2013, 5:29:59 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
_Madus wrote:
Why this gem work only for attacks?

Because pumping five Ice Spears with 80% Chance to Crit that proc themselves is OP as shit.

this is not?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V23iypWwf6A

It should be "Cast on Hit Per Action" for spells or attacks.

▄█▀█▀█
Last edited by Madus on Oct 28, 2013, 1:05:40 PM
I dont think you recognize that your suggestion introduces a feedback loop, wherein you could use the attack once and ice spear would perpetually recast itself as long as there were enemies to hit. Yes, that would be OP as fuck.

Anyway, I found a new vessel for a cast on crit build: Ungil's Gauche. Obtain 75% block with minimal investment, and then use spectral throw or lightning strike to generate crits.
IGN: Iolar
This has some fun if niche potential with wands and daggers. Tried making builds using a bow, but they were all fairly inferior to wand or dagger. Comments:

* Tooltip should specify non-trap, non-mine spells. Unless these things are losing the spell type in the future.

* Was kind of hoping this would replicate the Amazon from Diablo 2's skills, where the spell effect would come out of the projectile like Lightning Fury. It seems more visceral that way, but I can see what a huge pain that would be to do.

* The periodic cross-eyed aiming does bring the skill down unfortunately. Shooting ice skulls backwards isn't terrible effective.
Oh, and wouldnt mana leech solve mana issues, since the spells would leech?
IGN: Iolar
The big problem with this support..... is the sheer spell spam it causes on the screen. My friend made a discharge and freezing pulse gmp build with spectral throw and frenzy procing them. It causes major fps drops on my pc, and I have had no problems with other things till now.

The problem is this procs per instance of crit per enemy, much like voll's protector. One spectral throw can proc this like 50 times on a group, and this game was just not set up to handle that crap.
"
BRavich wrote:
I dont think you recognize that your suggestion introduces a feedback loop, wherein you could use the attack once and ice spear would perpetually recast itself as long as there were enemies to hit. Yes, that would be OP as fuck.

Anyway, I found a new vessel for a cast on crit build: Ungil's Gauche. Obtain 75% block with minimal investment, and then use spectral throw or lightning strike to generate crits.

Sure, if its wildly programed like now without strictly definded which gem is active and which is passive without block on one proc per action...
▄█▀█▀█
Has anyone tried Cast on Crit with Lightning Warp?
*____*
Hateful post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info