Cast on Crit

Add that spectral throw to that link and then itll work. It likely wont work nice anyways.
"
plodd wrote:
When will all these people crying for nerfs be satisfied?
Will it be when they have driven the majority of the players away from the game and GGG no longer has enough incoming funds to continue supporting the game?

Some people may have found CoC builds extremely powerful but I cant recall any videos of them doing the hardest endgame maps. So is a build to powerful even when it cant complete the game?

The majority of people made a CoC build that was workable. Pretty good aoe (certainly no better than some other builds, discharge for example) but also had a lot of drawbacks. One such drawback being to get good survivability and insane damage was only for the mega rich.

Mine is one of the builds that seems to now be too weak. I am still only in act2 merciless with it. Do I reroll ? No because my confidence in GGG is such that now i think rerolling or making new builds (which once was fun) is now pointless. I neither have the funds or the inclination to lvl another build whilst all the time living in fear of more nerfs.

Will I quit? NO I still like the game.

Will I give GGG anymore money? NO they already got $220 of my cash but this source of income for them has now stopped.

Am I the only one in this situation? Highly unlikely.

I did a map with a double strike discharger that facetanked multi projectile Residence Dominus without dieing. He is lvl92 now.

"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
pelife123 wrote:
I already can see a lot of butthurt people asking for a new nerf after some people with crazy daggers (high physical dmg, high critical, high global critical, spell/element dmg %) show up and kill dominus in half a second.

Well, let them cry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGqbPhvhjJM

This is not crazy daggers, so it took almost two minutes.

Or let them watch this and rejoice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TWUOGW0eW0

Edit 11.01.2014:
Grateful feedback. I'm not sure if 10ms CD or graphics optimization is responsible, but I can play in 1920*1080 resolution without lags now. I had to use 1024*768 in release version on the same hardware.

In the first vid he kills Dom quick with a Tabula Rasa. Ha. Add in 10-20 ex worth of gear and it's 100k dps face roll city on maps.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
I really like this Support.
It's great fun, no questions asked.
On my current build, with just ~20% chance to crit, it's not terribly OP, either.
But I can see how it will be, with a bit more investment in passives and a weapon with more than 5% crit chance.
I wonder if the gem should maybe come with ~15% less crit multiplier? Crits already give you a massive spell rain, makes sense it's a bit weaker.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
How do you think this will interact with the new Summon raging spirit...does the spell/summon obtain your characters crit chance/crit damage to calculate its damage? I would say yes, right.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
double post.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Jan 28, 2014, 12:28:33 PM
Considering it's a Minion and Minions always have their own stats...
I'm also not entirely sure how Cast on Crit is relevant.
I hate the existence of this gem out of jealousy. why is it that if I build a high crit caster for damage, a crit-based physical melee character can just slap on this gem and instantly he becomes a better caster than I am?

I don't want them to nerf it, but why the hell are all the good support gems given to physical damage type characters?

Why does this gem have to be exclusive to physical attacks?

Why do melee physical characters get multistrike? Why don't casters even get something like multi-cast, where we don't spam a skill three times, but rather be able to cast 2 or more different spells per 1 cast?
Last edited by dat1guy on Jan 30, 2014, 2:51:35 PM
I think there was something in the files somewhere for extra casts based on power charges?
Might have been a prank by one of the character editors out there that help you plan builds with equip.
Rarely use them.
But hey, in the past melee always complained being completely useless and an FP caster would be way better at any range. I suppose it's just how things swing. And yeah, this gem could use a tiny nerf.
It IS powerful. Just not unbearably so, and it's insanly fun.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
I think there was something in the files somewhere for extra casts based on power charges?
Might have been a prank by one of the character editors out there that help you plan builds with equip.
Rarely use them.
But hey, in the past melee always complained being completely useless and an FP caster would be way better at any range. I suppose it's just how things swing. And yeah, this gem could use a tiny nerf.
It IS powerful. Just not unbearably so, and it's insanly fun.

I have decent gear (maligaros, rat's nest), and since i use elemental spells im suffering the same drawback as spell casters: mob resistance.

It is not as OP as you think. Sure, non resists die very quickly, but as soon as you meet a fire-resist rare it grinds to a halt. And im fine by that tbh. If there would be a nerf to this gem (requiring you to use two spells for example) it would make it completely unviable for me, since i NEED one slot for AOE

Spoiler

Except when using cyclone. The traumatising horror that is this skill gem QQ.

Spoiler

Ethereal knifes are luckily not suffering this drawback, but tbh i think its pretty balanced as is, becuase of the shorter range and lack of shotgun-effect
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
My question is this. Can you cast the same spell linked to your cast on crit? What I mean is something like this.

Freezing Pulse - GMP - CoC - Freezing Pulse

I was wondering if since you have another gem of Freezing Pulse that the CoC wouldn't turn off your ability to cast it. Would love to know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info