Spectral Throw | Leap Slam Scion [VIDEO]

Ok so im level 39
I followed your advice on skill levelling and i currently went master of arena and acceleration then went west for iron grip and now i just made my way and got resolute technique.
what should i build next? do you find you need int soon or not?
should I go down and get diamond flesh first or up topish and get the other life and 2h damage nodes?
mostly wondering what my survival ability will be like in the next difficulty. i just killed piety easilyu but this is normal mode so who knows what will happen in harder modes.
also when do you think i should get mind over matter or eldritch?
is it safe to get M<oM now or pointless until im in the 3rd difficulty?

sorry for the need to be handheld but i have very little experience with building a toon on this game and am quite content just copying proven builds from m,ore experienced players than toying with it and ruining it myself lol
are you focusing to get especially ES armor since you go eldritch batt?
I love this build! Thanks a lot for sharing.
I'm level 41 and I had no problem leveling with my current build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAF4B5wUtCC4UIBcdGNsZjhpVG_ohVSFgI_YknSXfKaUxnjIJMn41kjboOQ46UjrhQKBHfkp9SshN404qUEdQUFRJVbVW-lcNWGNYr1pIWlJbr18_YEthIWJaZKNlTWegah5sRm5pbqpybHTtdPF4DXrvfPWE2YTvh2qHdojxiiKMz41-kGyVyJstm12bjZ65ns2fy6QZplenMKgYqJqpbqlzqZSrxaxZtfK3trndvqfAD8CmwPPBBMSixtjKkM2Y0EfSIdJN037ZYdw93Q3fmOdS52Ptg-4O7w7veu_w8i_yRfKX9kj3vvzF_gr-jw==

aoe target : ST + LMP + added fire dmg + fast projectile + life on hit

Single target : heavytrike/Double trike + fast attack + added fire dmg

If I did any kind of mistake it would be nice to let me know :)

Im fairly new here.

edit : I'm in Nemesis.
Last edited by akilers on Oct 29, 2013, 11:52:44 PM
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:

***Leveling Update in post #2 for 10/28/13*** Lighting Strike ^_^

This is to help newer players. I do not take credit for original creation and theory crafting of this build, I'm simply putting it all together for those like myself who wish to try a leap slam / spectral throw Scion.

Open tabs to see links.

Play style:
2Hander Life Based Melee, Use leap slam for mobility and gap closing, while multiple spectral throws pummel enemies and follow you from leap to leap. While getting hit you will proc chances to get molten shield, enduring cry, other buffs!

Passives (I put the passives together for final 1.0 version)

Video of gameplay

Main Skill:
Spectral Throw (New scion ability)
Based heavily on weapon damage, not a spell or melee attack it is a PROJECTILE based on weapon damage... Also: Why 2H? More base physical damage, also, larger weapons hit more targets.
-----------
Support Gems:
Greater Mult Proj
Faster Attack
Weap Elemental Dmg
Added Fire Dmg
---
(Life Leech, or Chance to Flee for 6th link)
Other attack: Leap Slam
---------

Defensive Abilities / Cast on Damage Taken (When you are hit it casts them for you)
Cast on Damage Taken + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Molten Shell
---
Endurance Charges in build thus enduring cry.

Keynodes worth noting:
Resolute Technique, (not crit nodes)
Iron Grip
Mind over Matter
Eldritch Battery

Bandit Rewards
Oak Oak Oak (40HP, 18% Phys Dmg!!!! must have, and +1 End Charge (with enduring cry)

Auras

Clarity would be nice at higher levels, with new reserve amts, im lvl 30+ and not using any.

UPDATE:::LEVELING PASSIVES
I started down to iron grip worked my way over to master of the arena and acceleration, and the mana nodes, (level 26-30ish) then I started back up top by the base, and took a few AS nodes, I wouldnt take Mind over Matter or Eldritch til last.. after a few AS start heading West.

Once again this guide is a reference point/tool, a general idea of what works and what doesn't and a nice build. It doesn't mean I am a spectral throw expert and that this build is godly. I like it so far!

If you are looking for a guild on Domination, add DeathOnWings (IGN) and whisper me if you are interested in running maps/pvp and USE VENTRILO. We have a guild ventrilo and will be adding guild stash, etc.

P.S. PLEASE CHECK OUT, BUMP, +1 MY RARE / WORLD BOSS TOPIC http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/561203

Hey man just to let you know that i've start building your scion build liking it so far! I've also add you my name in game is Pscionist only playing domination so far!

Interessed in joining your guild and guildrace in a near future ^^

cya soon!
For anyone running ST, can you post your dps end game, as in 70+/maps? I heard people say ST drop off HARD due to poor scaling compare to other semi-melee alternatives like LS or ground slam. I want to know what I'm getting into before investing too much. Currently I facerolled throughout normal and cruel, but not sure how well it will scale into merc/maps.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
I'm level 70 in domination. Not using this exact build but I'm running 2hand axe spectral throw. I only have 4 link spectral(added fire, fast attack, lmp) and 4 link heavy strike(6% multistrike, melee phys dmg, mana leech). I am running hatred(lvl 10 as I don't have enough int for more) and haste. I prolly don't need the mana leech anymore just have been too lazy to swap it out because every mob dies with one activation of heavy strike anyway. I only have about 80 mana after both auras(16% reduc passives and gem) but can spam forever with 3% mana leech on gear.

I am sitting at 3.2k hp, 1981 sheet dps spectral, 8660 sheet dps heavy strike. That's also only with using this 2hander which needs to be upgraded.

I also have not filled out the 3 attack speed nodes south west of scion start(21% attack speed) which is a good chunk of damage. My next 3 nodes are hp nodes, then all damage from here on out.

I would say the damage is fine. With a 5 link I can pick up weapon elemental which is a good bit. Plus a 400+ top end dmg weapon would more than double my current dmg. 6-10k spectral throw is quite easily achievable with those changes plus 5-8 more levels which is decent for an AoE ability that hits 2-6 times depending on mob position.

I haven't had any issue killing solo doing library/archive/piety runs. I haven't run any 70+ maps yet but clear speed is good on the listed runs.

Last edited by Mrflibbles on Oct 30, 2013, 8:31:47 AM
"
Mrflibbles wrote:
I'm level 70 in domination. Not using this exact build but I'm running 2hand axe spectral throw. I only have 4 link spectral(added fire, fast attack, lmp) and 4 link heavy strike(6% multistrike, melee phys dmg, mana leech). I am running hatred(lvl 10 as I don't have enough int for more) and haste. I prolly don't need the mana leech anymore just have been too lazy to swap it out because every mob dies with one activation of heavy strike anyway. I only have about 80 mana after both auras(16% reduc passives and gem) but can spam forever with 3% mana leech on gear.

I am sitting at 3.2k hp, 1981 sheet dps spectral, 8660 sheet dps heavy strike. That's also only with using this 2hander which needs to be upgraded.

I also have not filled out the 3 attack speed nodes south west of scion start(21% attack speed) which is a good chunk of damage. My next 3 nodes are hp nodes, then all damage from here on out.

I would say the damage is fine. With a 5 link I can pick up weapon elemental which is a good bit. Plus a 400+ top end dmg weapon would more than double my current dmg. 6-10k spectral throw is quite easily achievable with those changes plus 5-8 more levels which is decent for an AoE ability that hits 2-6 times depending on mob position.

I haven't had any issue killing solo doing library/archive/piety runs. I haven't run any 70+ maps yet but clear speed is good on the listed runs.

ive been following this thread off and on as Im also creating a ST build. ... could you post your current tree?
IGN- Shaeyaena
This is what I'm using currently(don't yet have the 3 attack speed cluster near scion, those are my next 3 points).

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pebXaiaWlJKyG6qtfI1kv6PTeOmVzGeqW54DVivNugB55_LOlKnMPe-FHFBqvjr9zJyqXzZZKPiYZWbZaeHKWRSME_BoxNMGlVhIYdqkGyplITZJd9uab6n0k3AD9XtapO2QU4qKaWE73Tteu9gSwUtQKCeuVuv3Q38xWegh3ZKfVb6iiLA83z1wKYyfvyJ6wkJlqyqWfNZ_hfhbtjAGpBVZp760hcvZOdV1oCkNunjamVNR36rxWxGcmwyCQ==

I don't use mana shield like the video. I have 1% mana leech now on gear, 98 total mana after reserve and can spectral throw forever on 2 targets, doublestrike(switched to from heavy strike) forever on single mobs. I use warlords mark for my curse for extra leech as needed. Only running 3 link cast on damage taken of molten shell and rejuv totem. Only have around 4k(20k with a granite flask and jade flask up) armor right now while running haste and hatred. If needed I switch in grace and my armor jumps to around 10k. I like this build myself for solo as it fits with the gear I have found.

You have options in this build which I like. If you don't want to run 2 auras take those points out and filter in more hp/damage/armor/attack speed/....whatever you are lacking on. I'm prolly going to go more hp for the next 2-4 points then the extra attack speed north east scion starting area.

I'd also be running enduring cry linked in the cast on damage taken if I actually had one(I go self found and haven't bothered to create another character to run through for quest gems).

Last edited by Mrflibbles on Oct 31, 2013, 12:17:08 AM
I need some GEAR GUIDE lol..

my gear too suck.............................

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info