1.0.0 Release Patch Notes

"Added a new curse, Silence, that monsters can use on you."

Spoiler
I like the idea of putting a "floor" on how low of a mod can roll on an item, but it needs to go further as well. We need a floor on what "level" of an item can drop as well.

SERIOUSLY

And if people want to say "But what about the uniques~!?"

Don't let it apply to uniques. They can drop "as is" unidentified in any content where they could, or to let the base items drop in any level. But to see thsoe gloves drop unidentified in Merc (I want to say it was a map, but it might have been catacombs, or church, I don't remember anymore) from a Yellow / Boss (again, I don't remember what) is ridiculous. I've held onto them, only to serve as a reminder of why the loot system, and crafting suck.
Last edited by shoju on Oct 22, 2013, 2:22:29 PM
So excited about avatar of fire!!!!!!! :D

Also chin sol is receiving a buff through the maraketh buff which should be interesting :)
IGN: Iolar
"
Splift wrote:
"
PathOfNerfs wrote:

I'm sure we'll all be playing tomorrow, myself included, however the weeks or months following are the real question. These are drastic nerfs to a lot of different playstyles in a game that openly advertises diversity.
The point is that GGG wants to make the game better. They want to balance the game and not have every build using the same 3-4 skills 4-7 auras 4 or so curses etc. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omlet.

I also like how you state as a matter of fact that solo play is not not viable. Especially when you Don't even fully know how much the aura effects have been increased etc. And as for not having enough resists? Please if you are claiming that not running purity will make it impossible to max resists then that just shows you 100% don't know what you are talking about.

Balance has a lot of perspectives. On one hand, you have a small amount of builds that are playable in end-game and even less skills that are useful for that level. You have RNG Mods with no linear progression (Like I said, rolling ilvl 5 mods on ilvl 70+ items), and you have certain options that don't qualify as options because x is vastly superior to y in almost every way. If they wanted balance, they'd fix old skills, introduce new skills, fix the gap between ES and Life, and provide retroactive nerfs to uniques. However, all we've seen is a nerf to solo play, mediocre "buff" to Life, and more stuff. Not exactly much of a balance.

Like I said in my wall of text, the changes to auras are a direct nerf to BM builds. It's not like stacking ES is....viable for BM builds, now that auras are all percentage based, the higher your health, the higher your reservation. No Aura is worth the loss of a huge chunk of your Life, especially when the auras you choose to run were absolutely necessary beforehand (I.E. Purity, Determination, Grace). I'm sure we can all live without a DPS Aura or two, but defensive auras were nearly required for most builds.

As a summoner, I'm now forced to decide whether the (maybe) 2-3 Auras I can run should be spent making Minions do damage or simply surviving this "new content".

As a final note, I never said solo wasn't viable anymore. There just appears to be less and less of a reason to solo as opposed to party.

"
shoju wrote:
I like the idea of putting a "floor" on how low of a mod can roll on an item, but it needs to go further as well. We need a floor on what "level" of an item can drop as well.

SERIOUSLY

LOL
Last edited by PathOfNerfs on Oct 22, 2013, 2:21:54 PM
Good, Bad, Uncertain. All in all excited !
HC IGN : COOPES 96 Shadow, 93 Ranger
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/525943 - Piloted during Onslaught Season
Congrats, GGG. This has been a long time in coming.
With how much whining is going on, let's redub this to Patch 1.0.0qq.
"
Zoen wrote:

Hahahhaa
"
Zoen wrote:

agreed. People are complaining way too much without even seeing or playing with changes in full. Lots of changes aren't even in the patch notes.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Zoen wrote:

agreed. People are complaining way too much without even seeing or playing with changes in full. Lots of changes aren't even in the patch notes.

Just to extend that outwards...

It's like saying people shouldn't complain about ObamaCare because they haven't seen it in action yet. You don't have to fully experience something to know that it doesn't even work on paper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info