Pack file has corruption

"
Nivius wrote:
great........... 5+1.5 gig to download, whit overloaded traffic... and i wanted to play this game tonight -.-

this really destoyed my mod.

One more here... -.-
Just got this message
Was playing then had a BSOD and now the message
I wouldd love to have a QA with some of you guys, just to tape some QA/Developer meetings, that would be hilarious.

We are all beta-testers, remember that guys.

Still, to help the situation. Why not taking another point into the "Hints" in loading screens, like:

"Create a backupfile of your Content.ggpk file after every sucessfull patch"

I wouldnt mind path of exile to be 5 gig bigger.

-ir4
Same as Flyum, had a BSOD while alt-tabbing and then my file went corrupt.

Not sure what caused my computer to flip like that, but I never had a BSOD in any other game, so I think something serious is going on.

Was running the game on a i5 650 @ 3.2 ghz cpu, a Sapphire 6870HD graphics card, and 4Gb RAM on Windows 7 32-bit, if that helps.

Will probably give the game another try next week or so..
Stay a while and listen
After the most recent patch I too got the pack file corruption message.
2 really simple (ignorant) questions:
1) this is the first time it has happened to me. Usually when i am on line playing and i see the warning that a new patch is about to be deployed, i basically keep playing until kicked off. This time i logged off in the last minute. I have no idea whey logging off in the last minute should affect things - but could it? So in the future when I see an update coming out should I just stay online?
2) Windows 8 is terribly unfriendly in terms of finding files - So I am happy to make a back up of the packfile but I can not find it. I have found the program files/grinding gear games/path of exile but that does not contain the pack file. I have also looked in my temp directory - it is not there. I have also looked in users/name/downloads. There i found the installer file but not the multi-gigabyte packfile. Oh where oh where has my little prog gone? Any help there - (please dont say use search unless you are running win8 and explain in detail how to really do that because in win8 the usual start/run search has been disabled.)

First Edit - Found the Content.ggpk in program files. Step one done.
Now the instructions say to delete the Content.ggpk and redownload that file - but I dont think that is an option right? So just make a back up immediately after a patch - delete the corrupted file - replace with the back up (forget the long download) - and download only the new patch? I think that is it -i will find out soon enough anyway.
Last edited by Asynaptic on Mar 27, 2013, 9:34:40 PM
got BSOD, then file corrupted issue, i redownloaded it (full 4,5G) and then again BSOD and file corrupted again.. so redownload is not a solution imho
Last edited by elmaker on Jan 20, 2014, 10:53:18 AM
I was reading another thread and some guy says isp's may cache files for quicker d/l, but if the cached file is corrupt all it does is keep feeding you a corrupt file.

so, I forget the solution -- use a vpn or torrent it, or sth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info