Brutus and his Hook

"
Zakaluka wrote:
The difference between the hook and the slam is that there's no consequence for getting hooked. You get melee'd once, take a trivial amount of damage, and go back to kiting.

This is what I mean is making Brutus easier, getting caught is easy to avoid, but if you fail nothing really happens. Just run away and continue dps:ing.
"
Kemichal wrote:
"
Zakaluka wrote:
The difference between the hook and the slam is that there's no consequence for getting hooked. You get melee'd once, take a trivial amount of damage, and go back to kiting.

This is what I mean is making Brutus easier, getting caught is easy to avoid, but if you fail nothing really happens. Just run away and continue dps:ing.

also the hook is so slow that you spend less time kiting which make the fight even easier as a ranged character.
While Brutus might seem stupid, I think hook+blood wave is a great idea and something he'd probably have figured out a long time ago.

Make it so, say I.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
He needs to stop hooking totems as if they were people. Currently if you have 2 totems, he never goes anywhere near you, as he just hooks whichever totem is closest to him instead.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
He needs to stop hooking totems as if they were people. Currently if you have 2 totems, he never goes anywhere near you, as he just hooks whichever totem is closest to him instead.

Two legs good, no legs bad.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Kemichal wrote:
IMO Brutus is a lot easier now. He barely does his big slam attack anymore, just spams the hook.

Try fighting a level 68 brutus in maps and you will change your opinion quickly :P
"
Desbris wrote:
"
Kemichal wrote:
IMO Brutus is a lot easier now. He barely does his big slam attack anymore, just spams the hook.

Try fighting a level 68 brutus in maps and you will change your opinion quickly :P

Haha, I only mean Brutus from the quest line :D I'm too much of a noob to get to maps in HC. Probably have 10+ lvl55+ deaths :P
out of curiosity has anyone seen if ice wall blocks the hook?
So many build ideas... no time....
This is one of the rare cases where I would agree something needs to be a bit harder. I find this fight ridiculously easy now. The only issue I have is the increasing desync making his hook hit me when I'm nowhere near it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info