Major Damage Exploit with EA and Bear Trap with Certain Supports

When added cold and cold to fire are added as supports to exploding arrow, bear trap, detonate dead, infernal blow, shockwave totem, and the passive minion stability, the damage seems to be multiplied by a factor of 10 at least.

Better explained...

"
Apokalyxio wrote:
I've made a screenshot of the important part of the bug: 29 - 26 Cold Damage

The problem seems to be that for some reason the cold to fire support gem converts too much of the maximum cold dmg to fire, which then results in the minimum dmg being higher than the max dmg !!!
And that seems to break the dmg formula, which then multiplies the cold dmg by roughly 100-200...
Spoiler

I've also tested this gem combination with a bunch of other skills. So far the list of skills that are affected by this bug:
Spoiler
Explosive Arrow
Bear Trap
Minion Instability (tested with skellies and zombies)
Infernal Blow
Detonate Dead
Shockwave Totem (finally it has become viable lol)

I have tested almost all skills with this setup. All of those skills listed here are doing completely broken dmg when supported by Added cold + cold to fire.

This bug has been referenced in the pvp section here...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/543054

Also here... although it doesn't seem to be treated seriously.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/489058
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/530287

There's a number of other threads available through a search, documenting added cold and cold to fire's massive damage effect on bear trap.

I'm going to try to get someone to post video proof as I don't have the resources for it at the moment.

GGG please fix this ASAP as it will literally ruin pvp, not to mention the balance problems for pve! :)
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Oct 19, 2013, 7:06:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I greatly support this and we need to make sure grinder gear games fixes this ASAP. For more information and players opinions you can go on the links that firebrand mentioned !

Support is greatly appreciated as well as bumping.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Oct 19, 2013, 9:36:52 AM
I have tested this with Moosifer in PvP and the dmg of Explosive Arrow becomes really strange when using those two (added cold + cold to fire) supports.

I was being 1-shotted at 3,5k hp with 77% all res from a single lvl 15 (?) Explosive Arrow supported by the mentioned 2 support gems.

Also this gem setup behaves really strange when using for example GMP or while being cursed by Enfeeble:

1.) While being cursed with Enfeeble the bug seems to not work for some reason. (Explosive Arrow deals only 100-150 dmg instead of more than 3500...)

2.) When using GMP, the dmg of Explosive Arrow gets reduced by way more than the 50% as it seems to greatly reduce the exploited amount of dmg that you get from this Bug. So it seems that there has to be a minimum of added cold dmg to make this exploit work!

I have also tested this with Minion Instability and Skeletons / Zombies supported by the same 2 support combination (added cold + cold to fire) and it is bugged as well!!
Skeletons with 1,3k hp are 1-shotting my friend in PvP with their explosions, due to this bug!

So it seems that any 2nd dmg effect (maybe also Infernal Blows explosions?) are currently completely broken with this 2 support gems as soon as you have a certain amount of added cold dmg!

This is a game changing exploit/bug and has to be changed as soon as possible.
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Oct 19, 2013, 11:05:47 AM
I've just tested this with Infernal Blow as well. The Result is the same as with Minion Instability, Bear Trap and Explosive Arrow. The explosion does about 5-10 times more dmg when supported by added cold + cold to fire...

I killed the uniq totem on ledge with Infernal Blow from the Explosion-effect of a normal white mob! Thats probably more than 10 times the dmg that it is supposed to do...!

so yeah.... Bump for fixing this :S
tested with a couple EA guys and i agree this is a major bug that needs to be fixed before 1.0 FOR SURE. if this isnt addressed the first pvp tournaments are gonna be run by exploiters and i know GGG wont stand for that (hopefully)
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Oct 19, 2013, 5:24:12 PM
I've made a screenshot of the important part of the bug: 29 - 26 Cold Damage

The problem seems to be that for some reason the cold to fire support gem converts too much of the maximum cold dmg to fire, which then results in the minimum dmg being higher than the max dmg !!!
And that seems to break the dmg formula, which then multiplies the cold dmg by roughly 100-200...
Spoiler

I've also tested this gem combination with a bunch of other skills. So far the list of skills that are affected by this bug:
Spoiler
Explosive Arrow
Bear Trap
Minion Instability (tested with skellies and zombies)
Infernal Blow
Detonate Dead
Shockwave Totem (finally it has become viable lol)

I have tested almost all skills with this setup. All of those skills listed here are doing completely broken dmg when supported by Added cold + cold to fire.
so i found out this bug even works with a lvl ONE EA, 1 shot kole with 1 arrow in merciless. level 1 EA lvl, 5 cold to fire, lvl 16 added cold damage. this needs to be fixed ASAP

apoc, my cold damage from the EA i was testing was 8-12 so my minimum wasnt higher than max, but i was still shredding stuff like i was an EA build all along. nonetheless this is the biggest exploit ive seen in a while and if it isnt fixed before 1.o i fear will ruin the first EVER tournaments of path of exile pvp.

would be nice to get a confirmation that this exploit is being looked into.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Oct 19, 2013, 7:12:04 PM
"
oowarpigoo wrote:
apoc, my cold damage from the EA i was testing was 8-12 so my minimum wasnt higher than max, but i was still shredding stuff like i was an EA build all along. nonetheless this is the biggest exploit ive seen in a while and if it isnt fixed before 1.o i fear will ruin the first EVER tournaments of path of exile pvp.

Well the 8-12 displayed on your character sheet is the on hit dmg and not the explosion dmg. Currently there is no way to see the details of the explosion dmg of Explosive Arrow, but I think that the Explosion of EA (when supported by those 2 supports) has just the same problem as I described. (That the minimum cold dmg is higher than the max cold dmg, therefore breaking the formula)
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Oct 19, 2013, 7:23:13 PM
"
Apokalyxio wrote:
So it seems that any 2nd dmg effect (maybe also Infernal Blows explosions?) are currently completely broken with this 2 support gems as soon as you have a certain amount of added cold dmg!

Appearantly for the bug to take effect it requires the Cold To Fire Gem to be at least lvl 3. The amount of the added cold damage does not matter.

With a lvl 1/2 Cold to Fire nothing happened, but with a lvl 3 gem I could oneshot mobs at Merciless Docks (with a lvl 16 Added Cold OR a lvl 1 Added Cold) with nothing equipped but a chest and Quill Rain.

Very broken. Needs a fix ASAP.

regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on Oct 19, 2013, 8:37:01 PM
"
Azdrubel wrote:
Appearantly for the bug to take effect it requires the Cold To Fire Gem to be at least lvl 3. The amount of the added cold damage does not matter.

With a lvl 1/2 Cold to Fire nothing happened, but with a lvl 3 gem I could oneshot mobs at Merciless Docks (with a lvl 16 Added Cold OR a lvl 1 Added Cold) with nothing equipped but a chest and Quill Rain.

I'm sorry sir, but I have to say that you're wrong about that. It can work with a lvl 1 cold to fire gem just as well. In fact I didn't ever have any issues while testing with lvl 1, 2, 3, 4 and lvl 10 cold to fire. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't rly matter what level your cold to fire is.

You might've had issues because of using GMP / LMP / Chain.

Edit: Just tested it again (with Explosive Arrow and Bear Trap) with a level 1 cold to fire. I was able to reproduce the bug without any problems.
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Oct 19, 2013, 10:06:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info