How to One Hit Piety(Merciless) as a (Fire) Mage.

Haha, this got fixed xd:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/544488

not working anymore
All you need is that unique:

You need 2 green linked slots for Bear Trap and Added Cold Dmg. If you use hatred, you wont need added cold, then you can use RGB for bear trap + empower + chance to ignite.
You can cast Elemental Weakness/Flammability(or both...) throw one Bear Trap and she is dead.

My passive tree has these stats:
24% Spell Dmg, 30% Fire Dmg, 20% Elemental Dmg and 20% Elemetal Dmg with Spells

that means the damage is increased by 70%, because %spell damage does not increase the damage of the bear trap. The most optimal situation is when you can use the hatred aura, which boosts the damage a lot or when you can get RGG colors for using empower instead of chance to ignite.

This should work for any other Mage build with some elemental dmg as well.

I hope you like this guide :)

I am using this on my weapon switch:
Spoiler

and leveling some gems, that shield is just for increased defence there, because %spell damage does not increase the damage of bear trap.
a good damage increasing unique would be: The Supreme Truth:

it adds 40% elemental damage, which is pretty much.

Many sell Nycta's Lantern for just 1 Chaos:
http://poe.xyz.is/search?league=Anarchy&name=nycta&buyout=x&time=2013-09-21

Here is a VIDEO with a LvL 13 bear trap linked with LvL 17 added cold:

I am 2 shotting her there.

In that video I dont use chance to ignite, I dont use hatred aura, I dont use the supreme truth unique, I dont crit either.

I am not one hitting her with a LvL 13 bear trap. But everybody can imagine what happens when I use my Level 20 Bear Trap...
+ chance to ignite + hatred + supreme truth etc.
Last edited by LMHTB on Oct 13, 2016, 9:46:36 PM
You should link your whole tree. That would make it interesting.
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
here is the relevant damage part of my skill tree:

my whole 1xx points skill tree is not/won't be shown to the public. Just to my friends.
Last edited by LMHTB on Sep 29, 2013, 11:33:59 AM
i dont get it why would this oneshot her ?

and why use added cold damage ?
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
I guess because of a sick ignite. :D
Added Cold increases the fire dmg part (because of the Cold to Fire support) and so it increases the burn.

Wouldn't be Empower much better than Added Cold?

/Edit
Mh, you don't even require the burning notes to accomplish the one hit? Didn't expect this combination to be that strong.
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Sep 29, 2013, 1:30:40 PM
no i dont need the burning damage, chance to ignite is just because there is not any better blue support for that combination.
if I'd get RGG colors then id use empower + added cold + bear trap.
added cold is needed to maximize the use of that unique.
But if I am able to use hatred without problems, then I'd use empower + bear trap + chance to ignite.
Last edited by LMHTB on Sep 30, 2013, 6:41:35 AM
"
LMHTB wrote:
no i dont need the burning damage, chance to ignite is just because there is not any better blue support for that combination.
But if I am able to use hatred without problems, then I'd use empower + bear trap + chance to ignite.
Not sure if i understand it right.. you oneshot her even without burn?

remote mine is great blue gem to boost bear trap damage as long as you run up to her to set it under her foot when she talks
ign LerielF
Last edited by Leriel on Oct 1, 2013, 4:37:14 AM
video? :)
i hate you redditors, you know who you are
"
Leriel wrote:
Not sure if i understand it right.. you oneshot her even without burn?

remote mine is great blue gem to boost bear trap damage as long as you run up to her to set it under her foot when she talks

yes, oneshotting her. I dont like the mine + trap mechanic.

"
Merluza wrote:
video? :)

ill add one later when having some more time for poe again.
Last edited by LMHTB on Oct 1, 2013, 4:34:11 PM
"
LMHTB wrote:
Sorry for asking that, but i'm not 100% clear if you actually do regularly 1shot her.
If you do, why would you want to swap for empower? Are there some cases when damage roll is not big enough?

Also, are you using level 12 bear trap to accomplish this, or were those gems in original post just for display purpose?

What measure of piety's hp would you take out of this? I saw may post that put her around 140.000 for single person instance, would that still be accurate?
ign LerielF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info