*NOW FIXED TY GGG * Explosive arrow exploit needs balancing ASAP

THE BUG IS NOW FIXED THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT AND THANK YOU GGG FOR FIXING THIS QUICKLY !

==========================================================================================

Explosive Arrow as we know it has always been strong in pve, but since a while some people started noticing how overpowered explosive Arrow is into pvp and it's now being exploited too much. some of us top pvpers are pretty scared of how it can dominate the upcoming ladder since it terribly feels unintended and broken.

Let me start by saying why EA is op:

*MUST FIX MAJOR EXPLOIT* : Explosive Arrow has become one of the opest skills in path of exile in pvp, due to a recent find of an exploit using two gems the damage output of the skills is multiplied by a lot. we all tested it several times with friends and the COLD TO FIRE/ADDED COLD gems clearly make explosive Arrow tremendously op right now, we are pretty scared to see this being abused to climb up the pvp ladder like nothing and i'm pretty sure no one of us top pvpers want to see this happening. This is clearly unintended by GGG and let me also mention that this works with infernal blow and bear trap as well.

More about why explosive Arrow is too strong when combined with the exploit bug:

Arrows clearly cant be blocked as well as explosion damage, even when moving fast you still get hit by the explosion. The arrows can stack several times on the same target, therefore dealing much more damage for free. When you combine the skill with cold to fire and added cold with gmp the damage is suposed to be lower but it actually gets even stronger due to the cold exploit. Arrows tend to explode tru walls in certain arenas, i could stand next to wall and the explosion was killing me even at the other side of the wall especially in barracks area.

We decided to do a test about this to see it by ourselves, me and templar the fall joined pvp together with our spell caster builds to test it. Templarthefall used 4L bow with cold to fire gem + added cold + gmp and could 1 shot my 7k ES without any problem using a spell caster tree. If we really think about it this is very broken and should be fixed as soon as possible. Explosion damage is multiplied too much by the cold to fire gem this making the min damage higher than the max that way breaker the dps formula.

We will try to come up with a video to prove our facts, if someone can capture a video to help us please post it here and i will make sure to copy it in this post !

GGG this should be priority balance before pvp ladder comes out, we really dont want people using that exploit broken skill to dominate the ladder and then respec after they are high enough, we are Lucky to find this exploit sooner before ladder and we really want to make sure you guys realize it like we did and we will put all efforts into making sure it gets fixed ASAP

Please make sure you read all other usefull informations that pvpers share here grinding gear games, this is a serious issue and needs to be fixed NOW

If you feel the same way we do please support this by commenting into this thread.

NERF EXPLOSIVE ARROW ASAP IF YOU WANT A BALANCED PVP LADDER !

Usefull informations from other players

"
Firebrand76 wrote:
A better explanation of the bug...

"
Apokalyxio wrote:
I've made a screenshot of the important part of the bug: 29 - 26 Cold Damage

The problem seems to be that for some reason the cold to fire support gem converts too much of the maximum cold dmg to fire, which then results in the minimum dmg being higher than the max dmg !!!
And that seems to break the dmg formula, which then multiplies the cold dmg by roughly 100-200...
Spoiler

I've also tested this gem combination with a bunch of other skills. So far the list of skills that are affected by this bug:
Spoiler
Explosive Arrow
Bear Trap
Minion Instability (tested with skellies and zombies)
Infernal Blow
Detonate Dead
Shockwave Totem (finally it has become viable lol)

I have tested almost all skills with this setup. All of those skills listed here are doing completely broken dmg when supported by Added cold + cold to fire.

Referenced in
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/543409

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Oct 20, 2013, 9:00:23 PM
i love it EK RF low life(block/molten) complaing that other builds are OP, but i agree EA has been fuckin OP for a long time in pvp, people have just figured out the right builds/play style for them.

**********************************************************************************************
Edit: i didnt know at the time that they were exploiting a major bug, i have now seen that its seriously broken. i used a lvl 1 explosive arrow, lvl 5 cold to fire, lvl 16 added cold, all linked in a 5L quill rain and i can 1 shot kole in merciless with 1 arrow..........
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Oct 19, 2013, 7:32:57 PM
It has been OP for way too fucking long, and it needs to end NOW since ladder is coming.

Yes ek low life rf block builds are very strong, but you have to understand that it requires a lot of money to build and compared to explosive Arrow which needs a 1 exalt budget to own.
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Oct 18, 2013, 7:52:32 PM
"
oowarpigoo wrote:
i love it EK RF low life(block/molten) complaing that other builds are OP, but i agree EA has been fuckin OP for a long time in pvp, people have just figured out the right builds/play style for them.

Lol, you stole every word from my mouth!
IGN: Beardedwizzard
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
It has been OP for way too fucking long, and it needs to end NOW since ladder is coming.

Yes ek low life rf block builds are very strong, but you have to understand that it requires a lot of money to build and compared to explosive Arrow which needs a 1 exalt budget to own.

you can't stop moving(lighting warp, leap, whirl blades) when fighting EA guys, and it takes more than 1 exalt to make a good EA character that can beat the top pvpers consistently. most of the good EA guys use a koams anyways. EA is just one of the best counters to the OP EK/RF blockers thats why those builds do better versus you on average, than other builds.

VERY high mobility can counter EA. Btw EA will probably take a nerf anyways since the new reduced duration gem will make it much better (making the shots close to instant)

Last edited by oowarpigoo on Oct 18, 2013, 8:33:40 PM
"
oowarpigoo wrote:
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

you can't stop moving(lighting warp, leap, whirl blades) when fighting EA guys, and it takes more than 1 exalt to make a good EA character that can beat the top pvpers consistently. most of the good EA guys use a koams anyways. EA is just one of the best counters to the OP EK/RF blockers thats why those builds do better versus you on average, than other builds.

EA isn't just a counter to my build... it's a counter to EVERY other build since it owns anything without exception. You can 1-2 shot 10k life marauders with simple gear, and kaom does nothing into making EA op by itself.
From the comments Xdominus made its apparent he isnt fully aware of EA's Broken Power. First and foremost to clear the air.. You do Not Need a +3 Bow nor do you need Empower, you simply need a Bow.. the end. The Bow doesnt need particular Mods... just a Bow. Secondly all you need is a 4l Item (Doesnt have to be the bow) and in said item you use Explosive Arrows, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Added Cold Damage and Cold to Fire Gem. Neither of the gems mentioned needs to be lvl 20 Nor have any Quality at all. In my Test i used a lvl 18 non Q EA, a lvl 8 non Q Lesser Multiple Projectile(GMP Would be better.. there is no damage drop off), a lvl 16 non Q Added Cold Gem and a lvl 18 non Q Cold to Fire Gem. I didnt even need Fire Penetration. The result were that i either 1 shotted my foe or 2 shotted them.. Keep in mind im Not Specced for EA, i dont have any Ele damage Nodes.

FEEL FREE TO TEST IT FOR YOURSELF TO SEE THAT IT IS BROKEN. THIS BUILD ALLOWS YOU TO ONLY STACK LIFE AND LIFE REGEN NODES... MAYBE SOME ARMOUR.
Team Omniscient

i put my two cents into that guy with 200kdps flicker against EA builds.
"
2i0 wrote:
i put my two cents into that guy with 200kdps flicker against EA builds.

yeah all you RF/EKers are forgetting that there are builds that can stomp even the best EA guys(top crit dagger builds and pure dps void home users with koams(pretty much extinct due to block)), i find it funny that as soon as something comes along that can beat the OP EK shavs builds your instantly complaining that it needs to be nerfed.

btw its not a true test if your just standing there and taking the shots, a true test needs both people to be actually trying to kill each other not just testing if you can 1-2 shot eachother.

Last edited by oowarpigoo on Oct 18, 2013, 8:40:45 PM
who exactly are the 10k life marauders? im at 6.9k in pvp and waiting for new tree to respec another 16% health into something else.. but EA beats all 1shot easy
100 Marauder - Hardcore
28 PvP Duelist (271/69), 100 PvP Marauder (1147/219)- Standard [Retired in 2014]
The most reliable cross league trader HC <----> SC
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320004
IGN: BNDTJE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info