Headed in the wrong direction?

I feel as if the game has so much potential, yet there are many decisions that also make me wonder if the game is headed down a bad road. Apologies for the wall of txt incoming.

1. Partly Pay-2-Win. Although GGG stated that the game, under no circumstances, would be p2w. It is evident that the more stash tabs you have the greater the odds of you making regal orbs(from the 3 same name rare recipe). I a person who has over 40 tabs and is simply going to bank in on the regals he makes. I don't know the odds of getting 3 of the same name, so maybe this is foolish of him, but I know you can pretty easily get alchemy's this way, Since even with the default number of tabs, I was able to make 3 or 4.

2. Pay-2-win again...- This has to do with the advent of 'boosting.' Anyone with multiple accounts right now had to pay for them. Having a single person with 3 accounts, grouping them together using the group to get more xp/orbs is wholly unfair for the rest of us. "But when the game goes f2p everyone can do it" You still need 3 separate computers, to run 3 separate instances of the game(unless there's some way to open the game 3 times on the same computer) Again this means someone had to of bought 3 computers.

It was only yesterday that everyone in Merci global was saying "hey look at these lvl 1 boosters in merci" I didn't see them, but I've seen other boosters and it's really discouraging.

3. Individuals vs Teamwork - Right now the ffa loot system has cultivated a shitty group dynamic, a "let me get mine and fuck everyone else mentality." Either people group up and run off on their own aka solo-grouping. Or they group up and hover over every item that drops hoping to snag it.

This a disrupts the team from working together because everyone(or a few) stop what they were doing to run over to the loot. This can get other people killed, and during a map with a set number of portals, this can be terribly frustrating if you get killed and locked out. I know the ffa system has been discussed, but in it's current form its rather...displeasing.

I have other disputes, but I think these are the most pressing, and I don't know if they have been addressed by a dev. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, nor do I expect a dev to respond, I'm not demanding anything. I'm simply putting my thoughts our there, and If I get a response then thanks.

IGN: BoomFirez
IGN Alt: BoomDischarge
OB will solve stash tabs problems,so there is not gonna be an issue

boosting has to be adrresed by ggg,rumours are they are working on it

ffa loot has been already discussed to no end,i dont know if ggg change it or not,but i agree the fear of getting robbed is important antiparty issue

some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
1) I agree with the second poster, OB will solve account and stash limits for free players.

2) There is an extreme by which all games are pay to win. If you are independently wealthy you can afford to sit and play this game 24/7, with a better internet connection, and faster frame rates. There is no way around that. Same thing goes for people with multiple computers... but like the second poster stated, boosting is a known problem and GGG will attempt to deal with it.

3) FFA loot I like, and people did it in groups for years and years. I however like it less now, than I did before, when there is either low incentive or negative incentive to group... which there appears to be in non-cut-throat leagues. I do think a better play experience would be had if the timers in non-cut-throat were perhaps doubled or tripled in duration. The alternative is to increase the benefits of grouping significantly, so players in regular leagues have a serious reason to put their drops at risk (right now on a per person basis, I believe players get fewer xp/hr and drops/hr)

Food for thought: Even better than bringing up a problem, is bringing up a solution.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
From someone who has 45 pages, trust me, regals are not easy to make. Alchs, yes. But as others have said, OB will solve this

Multiboxing can be done on one computer, you do not need many.

FFA loot I like quite much. Never had any issues of, this is mine!!!!! In fact, this attitude I often see more in the group of people who wish to have instanced loot.

If you communicate with your teammates, FFA allows the group, at least in.my experience, to work better.
Nothing in this thread that OB doesn't fix.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
From someone who has 45 pages, trust me, regals are not easy to make. Alchs, yes. But as others have said, OB will solve this

Multiboxing can be done on one computer, you do not need many.

FFA loot I like quite much. Never had any issues of, this is mine!!!!! In fact, this attitude I often see more in the group of people who wish to have instanced loot.

If you communicate with your teammates, FFA allows the group, at least in.my experience, to work better.

Hmm well maybe my fears a bit relieved. Then again, I don't see how OB will "solve" the tab issue. I doubt having multiple accounts will be allowed, weather or not this is enforced is another issue. But even so, Having a single account with many tabs allows POE helper to tell you when you have recipes completed. I don't think POE helper can do that with multiple accounts(yet at least)

As for grouping. I don't know what instanced loot is, so I have no opinion on it. I do know that the current system is skewed towards the dirty players. "Then don't play with them again" Firstly It's not always clear who runs in and ninja loots, with all the bodies, skills, enemies flying on scree. Even if you did see the person, then you gotta add then to your friends list just to keep track of all their characters. Which won't solve anything if they have multiple accounts, plus it will get confusing have a bunch of actual friends, and a bunch of "stay away" friends on your list.
IGN: BoomFirez
IGN Alt: BoomDischarge
"
RaistlinM wrote:

1. Partly Pay-2-Win. Although GGG stated that the game, under no circumstances, would be p2w. It is evident that the more stash tabs you have the greater the odds of you making regal orbs(from the 3 same name rare recipe). I a person who has over 40 tabs and is simply going to bank in on the regals he makes. I don't know the odds of getting 3 of the same name, so maybe this is foolish of him, but I know you can pretty easily get alchemy's this way, Since even with the default number of tabs, I was able to make 3 or 4.

Once the game goes OB, every player can have unlimited stash for free by just making multiple accounts. It will be more time consuming, but if you want 50 pages, you can.

"
RaistlinM wrote:
2. Pay-2-win again...- This has to do with the advent of 'boosting.' Anyone with multiple accounts right now had to pay for them. Having a single person with 3 accounts, grouping them together using the group to get more xp/orbs is wholly unfair for the rest of us. "But when the game goes f2p everyone can do it" You still need 3 separate computers, to run 3 separate instances of the game(unless there's some way to open the game 3 times on the same computer) Again this means someone had to of bought 3 computers.

Again, once the game goes OB, this will have nothing to do with paying money. Anyone can have as many accounts as they want. It's free.

This is Closed Beta.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Yeah I see these problems too.

1) the 2/3 rares recipes were made much more difficult since they added a lot of new rare names, making the odds of getting matching names hard. This means you need massive numbers of tabs to get a lot of match ups. It is almost at the point where the effort/reward is starting to skew towards people cbf making the effort. Perhaps making a new recipe or two to get regal/alchemy that is simpler (like chaos) and does not require massive numbers of items. Maybe 5-10 rares of the same base item or something for an alchemy. A straight conversion might work too- like 3 chaos buys one GCP, 4 GCP buys one regal. Either way would greatly reduce the value of having lots of stash tabs, without eliminating their value either.

2) Make XP boost require proximity? "Multi-box"ers can still play but with a low level toon for boosting it would die too often to work, or you have the hassle of levelling and gearing two toons, with one having useless skills.

3) Double or triple time to pick up loot would make things better. Hate having to rush to pick up drops makes this selfish atmosphere in groups.
I don't think stash tabs will be a problem because you can always make more free accounts to mule with. And programs can be created to match rares with multiple accounts.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
You can get alchs with 3 items, that doesn't take up much stash space at all. 3 items, all the same base type (i.e. Thicket Bows), 20% quality, 1 rare, 1 magic and one white. It can be a tad expensive to scrap/whetstone items constantly, but they drop often enough and many people ignore them when they do drop.

Regals... Yeah, pretty tough to make currently, I do agree that the recipe as a whole is pay2win and sadly it became more pay2win after people complained that it was pay2win. GGG made it tougher because, in that same thread, people complained that it was too easy and that the alchemy orb was going to lose value (it did).
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Oct 22, 2012, 9:52:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info