Ledge Statistics S04

Id chalk that 20% ranger difference up to pure randomness. Add a zero to the sample size (this might take awhile!) and if the same 20% difference remains then you might be on to something. The current low amount of EL events that have been run and the tiny amount of racers able to repeatedly produce stats-worthy results makes a small class differential like 20% pretty meaningless.

Hilberts right in that EL is mostly about spawns, especially in the first few zones where your gear and dps are trash. Roll grapplers + coldsnappers in the second zone and it literally costs less time to make a new character than it does to try to progress. Class and build are irrelevant here so what the statistics end up showing is not what class was most represented in the top positions because it had the best potential, but just whoever of the best racers got easy zones and some decent drops to match.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Oct 14, 2013, 8:20:34 PM
"
KoTao wrote:
Id chalk that 20% ranger difference up to pure randomness. Add a zero to the sample size (this might take awhile) and if the same 20% difference remains then youre probably on to something. The current low amount of EL events that have been run and the tiny amount of racers able to repeatedly produce stats-worthy results makes a small class differential like 20% pretty meaningless.

I just explained, with a very simple analogy, why the 20% difference cannot simply be the result of randomness. Why would rangers be 20% more lucky than all the other classes? (that's not a serious question by the way, they can't be. The CLT isn't some sort of abstract idea that can simply be ignored, it's one of the very core principles of probability theory.)

I told you exactly why ranger is easier in EL than the other classes, because it really doesn't matter what Mobs you get in your zone, you can pretty much offscreen all of them. Can't do that with melee.

And PolarisOrbit said he had a sample size of 15500, how is that not sufficient enough?

edit: Bow ranger in Endless Ledge is best at mitigating zone RNG, because they can simply offscreen the mobs. I mean... does anyone seriously contend this? If we accept that ranger is better equipped to deal with zone randomness than all the other classes, it necessarily follows that on average their results should be better.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Oct 14, 2013, 8:29:53 PM

My point is that mob rolls have a far too huge impact on race performance.
Especially at critical levels.

You can't find a single melee racer did well in all EL races minus the BLAMT ones.

And that's the big deal here. Casters can use IceNova which does a good job for quiet some time.
Rangers/Shadow can use RoA, FT and PA as combination.

So Mara and Duelist are left.

The mara has no outstanding feats as starter class and taking the damage part is suicidal.
Only the Bow duelist does worse.

The duelist has a good attack speed and damage but at some point he must kill mobs fast or it will get killed. And this is where Leap Slam and Hatred, LGOH/Added Fire are essential.

And now think which kind of bow is the best bow for PA?

The damage difference between bow ranger and bow duelist/shadow in EL is low compared to standard events. They can all run an roa build and be roughly similarly competitive.

Melee EL builds between those 3 classes are even more similar (to the point of being nearly identical in overall effectiveness).

Which is why im claiming the +20% ranger win rate is mostly meaningless. You could swap the winning rangers onto shadows or duelists and theyd post almost identical results, because class choice just doesnt have much effect in EL compared to other, far more significant variables.
"
KoTao wrote:
The damage difference between bow ranger and bow duelist/shadow in EL is low compared to standard events. They can all run an roa build and be roughly similarly competitive.

Melee EL builds between those 3 classes are even more similar (to the point of being nearly identical in overall effectiveness).

Which is why im claiming the +20% ranger win rate is mostly meaningless. You could swap the winning rangers onto shadows or duelists and theyd post almost identical results, because class choice just doesnt have much effect in EL compared to other, far more significant variables.

In a sense you are right, it's not necessarily the class you play, but the skill gems you use. However, most duelists I know of did in fact not go RoA, I would argue that the percentage of duelists who went RoA was significantly lower than it was for Ranger. Which would again, explain the difference and we wouldn't even have to ignore one of the core principles of probability theory for that explanation to make sense.

Hooray!
I will admit that I didn't really understand the metagame of Ledge when I started this topic. I just crunched some numbers and attempted to come up with an explanation to justify them.

It seems like a lot of you all had your own theories, and if the numbers support your theory- then great! I may pretend to be the arbiter, but really I don't know that much. It's been very interesting to see all the different explanation people have for the results and it certainly made it worth the time to create this. Just remember the results are large enough to warrant some kind of explanation. Something that is equal for everyone like RNG would not vary averages so much by itself.

To add perspective, I went through account names to see what everyone played. All you guys are playing Rangers except Morsexier and Pam. Rhox played multiple classes, but his contributions appear a bit silly so I wasn't sure whether to count him or not. I played Duelist (what a dummy).

In regards to all the discussion of what Ledge Duelists are or are not doing for their builds, the best Duelist result all season was in E84. If ZoRoXo visits these forums maybe he can tell us what build he made to put an end to the speculation. Rhox did better than I, but my build was Fire Trap, Dual Strike, and Cleave, for the record. I only reached the class top 20 one time in E119 (Class Rank 3).

BTW, Hilbert didn't even play Endless Ledge I don't know why he has an opinion of it.
Last edited by PolarisOrbit on Oct 14, 2013, 10:57:07 PM
Im not discounting the OPs stats (raw numbers dont lie), just doubting that the ranger class itself is the causation. That said, i do see plenty of other reasons why rangers might be overrepresented at the top of the curve in this seasons EL results (assuming the overrepresentation isnt just a red herring caused from insufficient sample size or focusing on the wrong stats to begin with).
"

Damage is not everything Shadows and Rangers get life nodes far earlier than a bow duelist(level 10 if he doesn't take useless nodes)

A knockback/Flicker area will kill ranged duelists.

"
BTW, Hilbert didn't even play Endless Ledge I don't know why he has an opinion of it.

Wrong I did 2 EL races.
One time I died twice. 2nd area and lvl 14 or 16 area.
Another time I did bad as mara, like nothing of relevance dropped, flasks were small and I had 3 really bad zones and at one I had to level up((level 16-17 still top 10 of class))
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
I will admit that I didn't really understand the metagame of Ledge when I started this topic. I just crunched some numbers and attempted to come up with an explanation to justify them.

It seems like a lot of you all had your own theories, and if the numbers support your theory- then great! I may pretend to be the arbiter, but really I don't know that much. It's been very interesting to see all the different explanation people have for the results and it certainly made it worth the time to create this. Just remember the results are large enough to warrant some kind of explanation. Something that is equal for everyone like RNG would not vary averages so much by itself.

To add perspective, I went through account names to see what everyone played. All you guys are playing Rangers except Morsexier and Pam. Rhox played multiple classes, but his contributions appear a bit silly so I wasn't sure whether to count him or not. I played Duelist (what a dummy).

In regards to all the discussion of what Ledge Duelists are or are not doing for their builds, the best Duelist result all season was in E84. If ZoRoXo visits these forums maybe he can tell us what build he made to put an end to the speculation. Rhox did better than I, but my build was Fire Trap, Dual Strike, and Cleave, for the record. I only reached the class top 20 one time in E119 (Class Rank 3).

I know Zoroxo, he goes Cleave/Dual Strike.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

In regards to all the discussion of what Ledge Duelists are or are not doing for their builds, the best Duelist result all season was in E84. If ZoRoXo visits these forums maybe he can tell us what build he made to put an end to the speculation.

Yeah, I just go same as you, cleave dual strike and firetrap. Strange how my 23 run is the highest... I even died during last couple minutes. Guess all the regular duelist pickers don't bother trying :P

Most hard zones are doable early on with the help of firetrap. Usually goes slow and steady until I hit discharger zone and instarip, or occasional haste charger pack.

There's no guarantied drops like in descent, so you just spend the very minimal currency you have on the few weapons that actually drop and go full yolo vs elemental damage that you can't skoot'nshoot
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info