Problem with Race Rewards

PoE doesnt need some sort of vac/pb/warden type all-inclusive anti-cheat so much as it just needs to not have decade old D2-esque map seed code. The devs have already commented that improved code that doesnt trust the player to reveal the map incrementally is in the works, so once thats implimented there would be no (good) reason not to include more attractive rewards like mtx points, orbs, cash or the like.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Oct 14, 2013, 12:16:09 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
Get as many lvl 100 white items possible.

What's the point of forcing players to make several accounts to farm lvl 100 white items?

The point is: these items have an "unique" use - and their worth for this use can and will only raise with upcoming content/level extensions... and: these rewards are the ONLY way to obtain them, and mostly they are easy to obtain too (low amount of RP)

Ability to obtain some (more or less nice) uniques without the need of luck to get them dropped or having to trade may also worth a thought (depending on the effort each player has to 'invest') - but its a whole different thing if there's no other source for the reward(s).

But: I guess there's a reason why these rewards go into HC league... it doesnt matter at all for the actual 'place to be' (ONS/ANA/...DOM/NEM);)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
Get as many lvl 100 white items possible.

What's the point of forcing players to make several accounts to farm lvl 100 white items?

The point is: these items have an "unique" use - and their worth for this use can and will only raise with upcoming content/level extensions... and: these rewards are the ONLY way to obtain them, and mostly they are easy to obtain too (low amount of RP)

Ability to obtain some (more or less nice) uniques without the need of luck to get them dropped or having to trade may also worth a thought (depending on the effort each player has to 'invest') - but its a whole different thing if there's no other source for the reward(s).

But: I guess there's a reason why these rewards go into HC league... it doesnt matter at all for the actual 'place to be' (ONS/ANA/...DOM/NEM);)

I just woke up and now I'm already pissed. For christ's sake, my question was not why people do it, I'm not fucking retarded, it's fairly obvious why people do it (I even did the math in my OP ffs), my question was about GGG's intentions, if they think that's the way it should be.

That was so obvious, I'm actually pissed off by the very fact that I just had to explain it.

Path of Exile is the only community in which people regularly reply to my posts as if I had down syndrome. Now I can't tell you if it's because they (people like you) actually have down syndrome themself or if they just give my words the least charitable interpretation possible to make me an easier target. Either way, stop that shit. Everytime someone, like you, tries to pull that shit on me I'll shoot back, just to give you a heads up.

#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Oct 14, 2013, 4:04:37 AM
"
PoE doesnt need some sort of vac/pb/warden type all-inclusive anti-cheat so much as it just needs to not have decade old D2-esque map seed code. The devs have already commented that improved code that doesnt trust the player to reveal the map incrementally is in the works, so once thats implimented there would be no (good) reason not to include more attractive rewards like mtx points, orbs, cash or the like.

I heard there was an improved max/minimap in the works for CB. :(

An uncovered map with fog of war is imo an ancient relict nobody likes uncovered maps.
It also doesn't prevent bots at all, because you can puzzle the path together, with the little information you got and by knowing which tile follows and which tiles can't follow.
Knowing the collision data of the tilesets also makes new tiles useless.

And actually the idea of boof was like that:
You get an alt art item.
You reclaim the alt art.
You add it on another unique in another league-->You can trade it.

"
Path of Exile is the only community in which people regularly reply to my posts as if I had down syndrome.

Try General Discussion, it makes you feel like you are on YouTube.
Threads derailed within 5 postings, several provocative/insulting one liners.
If you posted the same thread there you would have received 20 postings including "QQ Thread", a link to some heavy Belt, "lol newb l2p" etc.
And the next thread of yours would be PoE community is horrible which will also get flamed.
Heck there are even threads where 80-90% of the postings read "Removed by admin"

"
Hilbert wrote:

Try General Discussion, it makes you feel like you are on YouTube.
Threads derailed within 5 postings, several provocative/insulting one liners.
If you posted the same thread there you would have received 20 postings including "QQ Thread", a link to some heavy Belt, "lol newb l2p" etc.
And the next thread of yours would be PoE community is horrible which will also get flamed.
Heck there are even threads where 80-90% of the postings read "Removed by admin"

Yeah I'm well aware that the PoE community (not just on this website, but also on reddit) is terrible. My frustration has more to do with the fact that people often times try and refute my arguments by making arguments that do not actually refute my argument, arguments that I actually agree with and understand.

If I mention x in my OP and even explain the properties of x, I get very frustrated and pissed off when someone comes in and then tries to explain x and it's properties to me, by effectively paraphrasing what I said earlier.

Very same thing happened yesterday in a PoE discussion on a different forum and I notice a pattern there. people do this all the time and I grow very tired of it.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Oct 14, 2013, 5:20:04 AM
"
the arpg community is terrible

FTFY

A cursory glance at the general gameplay and design of arpgs should make it pretty obvious why this is.

I do wish the "removed by admin" stuff wasnt so extreme though. Makes it hard to differentiate between the full on retards and decent posters who just crossed some random political correctness line.
IGN: KoTao
This is entirely OT sure I could add a phrase towards the topic as alibiprase.

"
FTFY

A cursory glance at the general gameplay and design of arpgs should make it pretty obvious why this is.

The game gets a community it deservers which is linear to its quality.
The CB Forum was far more civilized and had only some "Pants" "Fishing Rod" spam postings.
Advertising in bad communities will only end up having a bad community.

"
I do wish the "removed by admin" stuff wasnt so extreme though. Makes it hard to differentiate between the full on retards and decent posters who just crossed some random political correctness line.

Really? In the place of the support mods I would trash 100% of the postings in some cases.
Top Thread of GD:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/540053
OP,Spam, Spam,Provocation.
3 of 4 Posts deserve to be deleted.

And imagine the Beta GD will be merged with GD after release.

And is that an example of somebody crossing political correctness?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/539844/page/3#p4853966

Or is it evil Henry_GGG abusing power, which was an accusation towards the Usermods, because some players used ambiguous characternames?

It's a widely known way of trolling to provocate a punishment by a mod and then complain "Mod abused powers"

Either the rules are really strict and ambiguous, similar, loudspoken characternames/accounts get punished or there are barely any rules.

It's so predictable that guilds will be named XTC, KKK, SS, NS, MDMA etc. just to provocate players/mods and then claim they abuse power because "XTC means Xtreme Teamplay Clan not Ecstasy abusive Mods!!!"
There were cases the provocation went so far the admins just took every clan tag and looked up if it could be used in a provocative manned, which resulted in 40% of all clans getting banned.

"
SlixSC wrote:
, my question was about GGG's intentions, if they think that's the way it should be.

One can only speculate, but I'd point out that the issue of getting "stuck" on progress to the next reward tier is not unique to high level players. Say there's a racer, John, who can only average 3 points per race and he budgets enough time to do 15 races a season. For John, it's best for him to create a new account after he gets Brightbeak (26 point tier) because he's not going to make it to the next level (50 points) but if he restarts he can get more stuff. John could get stuck between any reward tiers, if he's close to advancing when the season ends but fails to make it, then he could have nearly doubled his rewards by starting a new account after the last reward.

I don't think that GGG needs to make extra incentives in between the incentives for John. There would have to be incentives every 7 points to prevent ANYONE from running into the issue in the OP. There's always going to be some people who get stuck in between incentive tiers, the rewards still serve their purpose.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

I don't think that GGG needs to make extra incentives in between the incentives for John. There would have to be incentives every 7 points to prevent ANYONE from running into the issue in the OP. There's always going to be some people who get stuck in between incentive tiers, the rewards still serve their purpose.

While this is true, the lower point rewards are pretty worthless relative to the 220/360 point ones, making it far more punishing to stop at 800-900 points than between any of the lower tiers. The 600 >> 1000 point leap does seem a little large.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info