Beta testers - categories

Hi, after some time spent on these forums I have seen many comments made by many beta testers. It seems like there are some repeating patterns and most of the testers can be categorized into 5 groups. If you find yourself in one of those, tell us. Most people don't belong to just one but usually certain aspect is stronger than the others. If you think you belong to completely different category which I forgot to mention, describe it with few sentences, please.

I think I see myself in the casual husband category.

Fanatic fanboy
He is worshiping anything related to Path of exile and Grinding gear games company. This guy will be happy with everything they do, any patch, buff, nerf, anything. If he comes across a negative feedback, he will often argue about that, mark it as QQ or laugh how stupid it is. It doesn't really matter for this kind of beta tester what changes are being made, they just need something to talk about. He will celebrate anything, even if it is a direct opposite of previously celebrated change. He strives to be the paladin of the forum but his belief may cloud his judgment.

Typical class: Templar
Example of comments: 'Great patch!', 'Less QQ more pewpew.', 'If you don't like it, don't play it.'

Conservative member
This guy is happy with current state of things and doesn't like most of the changes. He will ruin most of the threads in suggestion forum. According to him the game is already perfect and further balancing is just breaking the game, also significant changes are taking away the fun and making PoE into D3. This kind of beta tester sometimes even threaten GGG with quitting the game or not buying support packs if certain proposed changes are going to be made.

Typical class: Witch
Example comments: 'I used to have fun with this game.', 'If they implement this, I quit.'

Distinguished genius
This is one of those beta testers that talk in numbers. They rarely judge the fun aspect of the game. Their posts are very long walls of text full of weird equations. A point one could make with a single line becomes ten paragraphs long if they decide to talk about it. They care about numerical balance more than anything else. They rarely express their feelings about the game, they rather analyze everything. Only 2.74% of the forum population would read their whole posts.

Example comments (just a very tiny part of one): 'Avoidance with +1% dodge: 1 - (1-.5)(1-.21) = 60.5%.'
Typical class: Shadow

True hardcore
These guys think the game is too easy. Any changes made to make the game harder are celebrated, any nerfs to the monster damage and such are condemned. These guys never call the default league 'default', the only allowed name for it is 'softcore'. In a build threads they only judge the survivability and usually start their comments with something about the build not being able to survive hardcore. These people also oppose all the suggestions coming from casual players. They want this game to become more time consuming, harder, more unforgiving. If they get into an argument, they will ask their opponents if they played D2 and build their argumentation on that if the answer is 'no'.

Typical class: Marauder
Example comments: 'Shut up, Vaal is already too easy.', 'Pffft glass cannon, not viable.'

Casual husband
Typical casual player. He will complain about how hard the game is and the time of races. His main problem is that the game is too much time consuming and they don't have time to play it because of their families. They want the game to be easier because they have usually crap gear and no time to farm better. Also their gaming skills suck. Their suggestions are bashed hard very often because they "would make the game too much like D3" but they don't care about it - they just want to have fun and if they die in a hardcore race they don't forget to remind us that they have had fun and didn't care about their loss.

Typical class: Ranger
Example comments: 'EU friendly please!', 'Portals expire too early.'

I based this list on real comments but it is made for fun, haters back off!
Edit: as always
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on Oct 13, 2012, 9:17:01 AM
i didnt find myself there

wat do?
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
@Dashtun
Get married and become casual husband!
✠ ✠
cannot propose without unique ring :(
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
"
Dashtun wrote:
i didnt find myself there

wat do?

This, and while i'm planning to marry soon i would still not fit in any of the categories.
"
Mr_Smith wrote:
This, and while i'm planning to marry soon i would still not fit in any of the categories.

Perhaps after a year of marriage! Or maybe you belong to completely different category I haven't mentioned. What about if you had to pick one?
✠ ✠
ROFL so only 2.74% of the forum population would read my whole posts. that explains alot
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
wiggin wrote:

Perhaps after a year of marriage! Or maybe you belong to completely different category I haven't mentioned. What about if you had to pick one?

I would be the fanatic semi conservative player ;)
True hardcore, except that: 1) I'm not even close to end-game (nor do I want to be, as it'd be too easy if even I could get that far) and 2) I don't want to bash the people playing in softc-- default league.
This signals the end of a post. I apologise to everyone who had to suffer through it.
@Invalesco
Well, that's the price for being genius...

And you know... I usually read the posts like that but I don't understand them so it is basically the same.
✠ ✠

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info