[1.2] Rathik's EK build +40k DPS/52.3%Crit/+375% Multiplier. Anti-Reflect. "The Immortal Shuriken"

The build is not as expensive as you make it look. It's actually pretty gear independent, barring a nice weapon, shield and a decent chest.

I chose your EK build for my first character in domination, and it worked out just fine. Sure I can't do no regen maps, and half regen + reflect screws me too because my armor is still really low, but I already did 72 maps no problem, even with lower level gems. If you itemize well and manage to run a high level AA + suggested auras, you'll be fine. A basic mix of hp, regen, mana/ES, regen, armor, spelldamage and crit on various items is not as expensive as it seems.

And for reference, my gear (some of them self-found, the rest is 2-3 exalts at most):

Spoiler

If someone is intrigued by your build, I say go for it, you can't go wrong with it :)
Rathik

So I am really struggling to find a decent 6L at a decent price for this build, and i'm considering going with a 5L for now. How much would it decrease my DPS if I were to go 5L instead of 6l and leave off Faster Casting or Faster Projectiles. Would it be a large loss? Or would it be better to just go with a sub-par 6L than a good 5L?

You mentioned in another thread that I should be able to put together a set similar to yours for under 55 ex, but I can't find a decent chest even for less than that. Did you craft your own chest?
Last edited by Fun_Hat on Nov 20, 2013, 4:13:29 PM
"
Amendantium wrote:
Sure, I am not THAT new in the game, and have enought currency and all the required gems, and I am actually doing pretty well with this build, which I love; I did read the itemization section pretty much, the thing is I don't know what is the point when for example, 180% crit chance + 40% block chance, etc, from this dual daggers will be inferior to X spell dmg/crit, etc in weapon + life/res, etc in shield. Do I just need to go to the best EK DPS tooltip maybe and that is all?

For instance: I have this two guys, and have no idea if I will be better overall if I change this ones for the dual Ungil's Gauche Boot Knifes.

That is why I asked, how should I know in what point rares will be better than this dual Ungil's Gauche Boot Knifes. It is not a problem of resources, it is a problem of I just don't know. Should we simply keep the items which gives to us the best tooltip DPS? That's the thing.
Last edited by Amendantium on Nov 20, 2013, 7:19:21 PM
"
Amendantium wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
spell damage
spell crit
cast speed
mana

shield
life
res
spell
spell crit

Read the itemization section.

If you are a new player this is not the build you should be starting the game.
You can't really pull of the end game with out some wealth.
You should be looking to my summoners guide.

Sure, I am not THAT new in the game, and have enought currency and all the required gems, and I am actually doing pretty well with this build, which I love; I did read the itemization section pretty much, the thing is I don't know what is the point when for example, 180% crit chance + 40% block chance, etc, from this dual daggers will be inferior to X spell dmg/crit, etc in weapon + life/res, etc in shield. Do I just need to go to the best EK DPS tooltip maybe and that is all?

Well, because I always go with the rule survival > DPS, shield is the way to go.
But since that item is so damn cheap, might as well buy 2 and give them a try.
You will out level those items anyway very soon.

You worry about this to much :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
maladeth wrote:
The build is not as expensive as you make it look. It's actually pretty gear independent, barring a nice weapon, shield and a decent chest.

I chose your EK build for my first character in domination, and it worked out just fine. Sure I can't do no regen maps, and half regen + reflect screws me too because my armor is still really low, but I already did 72 maps no problem, even with lower level gems. If you itemize well and manage to run a high level AA + suggested auras, you'll be fine. A basic mix of hp, regen, mana/ES, regen, armor, spelldamage and crit on various items is not as expensive as it seems.

And for reference, my gear (some of them self-found, the rest is 2-3 exalts at most):

Spoiler

If someone is intrigued by your build, I say go for it, you can't go wrong with it :)

This is actually very encouraging :).

I might put that on the first page tbh.

Thanks
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Nov 20, 2013, 7:57:37 PM
"
Fun_Hat wrote:
Rathik

So I am really struggling to find a decent 6L at a decent price for this build, and i'm considering going with a 5L for now. How much would it decrease my DPS if I were to go 5L instead of 6l and leave off Faster Casting or Faster Projectiles. Would it be a large loss? Or would it be better to just go with a sub-par 6L than a good 5L?

You mentioned in another thread that I should be able to put together a set similar to yours for under 55 ex, but I can't find a decent chest even for less than that. Did you craft your own chest?

Actually my chest dropped no links, I had it for sale for like 2-3 months and no one bid on it.
When I decided to make this build I tried to 5L and got a 6L on 197 fusing.

It seems the price of exalted dropped to much lately, I guess that the reason you are having a hard time getting one, 2 months ago you could buy Kaoms heart for 23-24 exalted.
I am sorry, I didn't want to miss lead you, I though you could get a 6L for 30-35 exalted.

I suggest getting a decent 5L and farm your way to a good, one time buy 6 link chest.
If you want to do all map mods go with GGBBR.
EK + Faster Casting + Power charge on crit + Added fire damage/Life leech/Iron will + Faster Projectiles/Mana leech

If you don't mind missing out on no regen maps go with GBBRR or GBBBR.
EK + Faster Casting + Power charge on crit + Added fire damage + Iron will
EK + Faster Casting + Power charge on crit + Added fire damage + Increase critical strikes/Increase Critical Damage

I will add this info on first page.

IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Nov 20, 2013, 9:44:58 PM
"
Amendantium wrote:
"
Amendantium wrote:

For instance: I have this two guys, and have no idea if I will be better overall if I change this ones for the dual Ungil's Gauche Boot Knifes.

That is why I asked, how should I know in what point rares will be better than this dual Ungil's Gauche Boot Knifes. It is not a problem of resources, it is a problem of I just don't know. Should we simply keep the items which gives to us the best tooltip DPS? That's the thing.

The only benefit from the dagger you linked is the 80% implicit mod and the mana regen.
The rest doesn't work with EK.

For critical strike to apply to EK it either has to say "global critical strike" or "critical chance with spells".

Also the physical damage on your weapon only applies to the melee part of the weapon, not spells.

So basically your dagger has 80% crit chance and 25% mana regen. All the rest don't work.

I will fix the first page to avoid confusion.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Nov 20, 2013, 8:33:34 PM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Fun_Hat wrote:
Rathik

Actually my chest dropped no links, I had it for sale for like 2-3 months and no one bid on it.

It seems the price of exalted dropped to much lately, I guess that the reason you are having a hard time getting one, 2 months ago you could buy Kaoms heart for 23-24 exalted.
I am sorry, I didn't want to miss lead you, I though you could get a 6L for 30-35 exalted.

I suggest getting a decent 5L and farm your way to a good, one time buy 6 link chest.
EK + Faster Casting + Power charge on crit + Added fire damage/Life leech/Iron will + Faster Projectiles/Mana leech

EK + Faster Casting + Power charge on crit + Added fire damage + Increase critical strikes/Increase Critical Damage

Wow, thats a very nice drop with that armor and resist. I will look around for a 5L then and take your advice on gemming. Thanks!
"
maladeth wrote:

Spoiler

Added a link to your post under leveling section with credits.

If you have anything to add, just edit your post so people can read the updates.

Kinda like a guide with in a guide :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Nov 20, 2013, 9:39:57 PM
"
Fun_Hat wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Fun_Hat wrote:
Rathik

Wow, thats a very nice drop with that armor and resist. I will look around for a 5L then and take your advice on gemming. Thanks!

Your welcome and again sorry for the item price confusion.
IGN Riokar | My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info