[1.2] Rathik's EK build +40k DPS/52.3%Crit/+375% Multiplier. Anti-Reflect. "The Immortal Shuriken"

updated screenshots
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Nice build, but it does not even compare to a phys wander. While it may be much cheaper it also has a much lower clear speed, not to mention this spec does have issues with reflect while a well built wander does not. (I understand you have a weapon switch to alleviate the problem, but this comes at a cost of clear speed as you lower your dps) Finally, phys wanders are CI, which allows them to get an enormous amount of effective HP therefore eliminating "BS" deaths (things such as added X rhoas or other mobs which can hit for over 4-5k in endgame maps with scary mods) as well as having the ability to offscreen.
"
crushertoxin wrote:
Nice build, but it does not even compare to a phys wander. While it may be much cheaper it also has a much lower clear speed, not to mention this spec does have issues with reflect while a well built wander does not. (I understand you have a weapon switch to alleviate the problem, but this comes at a cost of clear speed as you lower your dps) Finally, phys wanders are CI, which allows them to get an enormous amount of effective HP therefore eliminating "BS" deaths (things such as added X rhoas or other mobs which can hit for over 4-5k in endgame maps with scary mods) as well as having the ability to offscreen.

Slower clear speed? You are so wrong.
Also a with enough armour reflect is not a problem.
I am assuming you are talking high end ES, like 800+ ES chest.
You are comparing high end gear with my shitty gear.
Just like you try to craft a 800+ es chest you can craft 2000 armour chest.
Is irrelevant what you are saying.

And while you can get more ES with a CI build you lack armour which means you loose more ES per hit.
Off screen also means hitting reflect mobs with out even seeing them.

Also, even with my shitty gear, those rhoas do little damage to me.

And again, your clear speed comments are so wrong.

Also not to mention PS comes with culling strike which is frown upon in group play.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Oct 7, 2013, 7:46:00 PM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
crushertoxin wrote:

Slower clear speed? You are so wrong.
Also a with enough armour reflect is not a problem.
I am assuming you are talking high end ES, like 800+ ES chest.
You are comparing high end gear with my shitty gear.
Just like you try to craft a 800+ es chest you can craft 2000 armour chest.
Is irrelevant what you are saying.

And while you can get more ES with a CI build you lack armour which means you loose more ES per hit.
Off screen also means hitting reflect mobs with out even seeing them.

Also, even with my shitty gear, those rhoas do little damage to me.

And again, your clear speed comments are so wrong.

Also not to mention PS comes with culling strike which is frown upon in group play.

The clear speed is much slower by looking at the videos and comparing with my wander (which had bad gear), I'd say its 2-3x slower.

With godlike gear your armour (seeing as you have no iron reflexes and only 4 armour nodes) will be limited to roughly 10k with determination assuming you have no hybdrid pieces and are using an ES shield which means reflect will still one shot you with your damage. Dont say it won't be a problem because thats a lie and having phys reflect mobs spawn from under the ground or in jungle valley will mean death.

I agree with the culling strike comment though.
As it is now am not getting 1 shotted on reflect, even on crit.
So I really don't know where u getting your information from.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
Rathik2 wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534934

your own thread and by "one shot" I mean dieing before you can even react
Last edited by crushertoxin on Oct 8, 2013, 8:02:34 AM
"
crushertoxin wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534934

your own thread and by "one shot" I mean dieing before you can even react

Basically the only person that survived there was the person that was immune to reflect with a voltarix.

There was a wanderer there that also died. And a facebreaker build.

Thing is though, I can stack armour to survive the reflect (with better gear) where a CI wanderer can't.

And if you read carefully enough I never said that I got one shotted. I actually casted 3 times before I died.

So your 1 shot argument is still invalid.

And truth be told I was running with "Spell Power" on that map which I clearly state before it is a bad idea. Big mistake of my part since my armour couldn't handle the reflect damage.

This is a new build. I am still fine tunning it.

Currently at 30% damage reduction before endurance charges and flasks.

I am aiming for at least 50% base damage reduction which is very doable with armour base items.

Hopefully the sellers will come online soon so I can get the items I need you will see you can mitigate reflect with out dropping damage.

I'll post the formula to calculate reflect damage soon on google docs soon.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Oct 8, 2013, 9:35:06 AM
Added video critical hitting reflect mobs with out 1 shotting my self.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbf0jkGmcRg
IGN Riokar | My guides
Hey Rathik -

Huge fan of this build, decided to make my own shuriken master!
After we were running Lunaris, you with your shurkien and my broken templar (hoping for a free respec at some stage :p) I decided to emulate your success - a really fun build. well done man!
"
Logicmech wrote:
Hey Rathik -

Huge fan of this build, decided to make my own shuriken master!
After we were running Lunaris, you with your shurkien and my broken templar (hoping for a free respec at some stage :p) I decided to emulate your success - a really fun build. well done man!

A free respec is coming on release. I wouldn't recommend using this build with a templar though because of the mana regen nodes that the witch has.

You will be wasting 4-5 skill points as a templar.
IGN Riokar | My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info